- she gives ginny a stick and poke in their fourth year, the first tattoo she’s ever given anyone
- a tiny crescent moon on the inside of her forearm with magic color changing ink
- it tells ginny the weather, and glows when the weather is perfect for quidditch
- hagrid gleefully gets a tattoo from luna sometime in the fifth year
- on his inner ankle, a square of text tells him about the needs of the creatures around him
- he starts sitting with his ankle on his knee to more easily check it
- she gives harry a tattoo the summer before his eighth year
- a small horntail, but it moves from his chest to sit on his shoulder or cower in the crook of his elbow as it pleases
- it wakes him up from his bad dreams, and keeps him warm in the middle of the night
- she gives neville a tattoo before she was stolen into the malfoy’s manor
- it’s a ring encircling his middle finger
- the magic of it is simple, transforming into whatever word he needs to see most when he asks it
- seamus gets one not long after neville
- it’s a tiny bomb on his collar bone, ticking in time with dean’s heart
- hermione doesn’t want a tattoo at first, but as she grows closer with luna she asks for it very shyly in the middle of her eighth year
- it gently pulses with her heart on her shoulder blade, an hourglass on it’s side
- it will sometimes stand up and run sand, but only when hermione is very busy or stressed
- george asks for a tattoo that finishes his jokes, many years after the war, when he is an uncle and godfather
- luna refuses and instead gives him a non-magical tattoo, a china cup mended with gold over his heart
- draco, many years after luna is an established artist and healer, drops into her shop in diagon alley
- he asks her to fix his scar-slashed Mark, and she turns it into a sleeve of flowers, studded with snakes and turtles
- the flowers bloom with his moods, and shield him from hurting himself
Seriously though it would have been so easy to have canon gay characters in the Harry Potter series. All this stuff that JK Rowling said about not having enough time or would distract from the original trio is nonsense. Case in point:
Seamus gave a great roar of delight then ran to give Dean a lung crushing hug before pulling him down into a desperate kiss that was hungrily returned. Harry supposed ‘best friends’ was no longer an accurate description of the pair.
There were duels all over the stairs and in the Hall, Death Eaters everywhere Harry looked. He saw Alicia and Katie share a passionate kiss before they raced down the corridor to join the battle.
“Did I know in my heart of hearts what Gellert Grindelwald was? I think I did, but I closed my eyes. I chose to be blinded by my love for him. A choice that has haunted me ever since”
As Harry entered the great hall he walked past Lavender and Parvati who were sitting opposite the latter’s twin with their bodies pressed close together while their hands held the others in a death like grip that showed no signs of ever being let go.
“Albus Severus” Harry said quietly, so that nobody but Ginny could hear him, who tactfully turned to talk to Oliver and Marcus as they waved off their own three boys.
See all I had to do was just add in a sentence or not even that and suddenly ….. wow a gay character. That wasn’t too hard now was it JK.
heres to the slytherins who can’t bring themselves to kill spiders. who smile at strangers. who compliment that girls dress just to see her smile. who buy random gifts for their friends just because. who are kind and ambitious despite all of the stereotypes pressed onto them.
heres to the gryffindors who scream when they see bugs. who are terrified of the dark. who want nothing more than to just be a background character. who are shy and brave despite all of the stereotypes pressed onto them.
heres to the hufflepuffs who dont have many friends. who have a resting bitch face that scares people. who have social anxiety. who almost never smile. who dont like social events. who are loyal and lonely despite all of the stereotypes pressed onto them.
heres to the ravenclaws who struggle with their grades. who hate reading with a passion. who need a tutor to keep their grades decent. who cant solve any of the riddles. who arent the best in school but still strive to learn.
heres to the hogwarts students who feel like they dont fit into their house.
A patronus, Harry tells Hermione, is acing a test and the warmth of a butterbeer between your hands. It is your friends holding you when you fall, and Ron’s sparkling eyes when you whisper hi. And there’s an otter, swimming, and Hermione is blushing.
A patronus, Harry tells Ron, is Ginny’s shaky smile lighting up the world at the end of second year. It is winning the Quidditch World Cup, unwrapping yet another knitted jumper, and your startled surprise at the sight of Hermione punching Draco in the face. And there’s a dog, chasing the otter, and Ron is laughing.
A patronus, Harry tells Luna, is the feeling of starlight on your skin and grass between your bare toes. It is snow melting through your fingers, the magic your mother used to make, something singing in your heart when you stare at the impossible. And there’s a hare, jumping, and Luna is shining.
A patronus, Harry tells Cho, is Marietta shouting the lyrics of her favourite song, dancing in the rain during a storm. It is the look on Cedric’s face when he saw you at the Yule Ball, his hand holding yours and never letting go. And there’s a swan, sliding, and Cho is crying.
A patronus, Harry tells Seamus, is Dean’s funny expression when he is about to burst into laughter and the sound of a explosion that turns out right. It is the fireworks, bright flowers blossoming in the night sky; and the fire burning in your lungs as you fly. And there’s a fox, running, and Seamus is smirking.
A patronus, Harry tells Ginny, is the world expanding underneath you and the wind playing with your hair. It is dancing and laughing until there are tears on your cheeks, Molly’s disapproving voice and Arthur’s amused eyes after one of the twins’ pranks. And there’s a horse, flying, and Ginny is grinning.
A patronus, Harry thinks, is that weird feeling that lives in his chest when the Room of Requirement glows silver, speaking of times when the world was golden.
Hand in auror evaluation report for Dennis Creevey (Due last month, might actually need to start on that today)
Reschedule curse break lecture
Buy a housewarming gift for Ginny and Luna
Ask out Draco sodding Malfoy because Seamus Finnigan hereby swears to Merlin’s dirty underpants that he will imperio you to kiss him if he catches you staring at his ass one more time without doing anything about it.
Tell Seamus to stay the fuck away from my to do list, and I don’t stare at Draco’s ass thank you very much
Stop lying to myself and my amazingly handsome friends and admit that I have a giant gay crush on the kinda sexy blond ministry potion master
Murder Dean in his sleep because I do not have a crush on Draco Malfoy I hate him (besides, you’re the one who called him sexy, maybe you should ask him out)
I only appreciate his aesthetic from an artist point of view, I wouldn’t leave Seamus for anyone, he’s way too cute
Tell Dean to stop crushing on his husband on my to do list because just looking at the two of you gives me diabetes already
Fuck off Fred
You too George
Tell Ron he’s the most amazing auror partner/best friend/brother from another mother evahhhh because he just faked your terrible handwriting and asked Malfoy out for you