Chocolate Chunk Bars
Simple prep … spectacular results! These easy bars are perfect for barbecues and picnics.
Preparation time: 45 minutes plus cooling time
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet real chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar Lunds & Byerlys Butterscotch Caramel Dessert Topping
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt;
blend in butter.
- Press mixture in greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chunks and pecans. Pour caramel
- Return to the oven and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Cool 1 hour at room temperature. Refrigerate, uncovered, until firm. Cut into 1 inch x 2 inch bars.