Yondu Headcanons: Jealousy
As per an anon request, here are some headcanons about everybody’s favorite blue space dad!
- Though he never admits it aloud, Yondu gets jealous really easily.
- His cocky attitude often comes with a price. He spends so much time thinking he’s the only one who can make you laugh so hard that you’ll split a seams, that when you even crack a smile at one of the ravagers’ jokes, his blood boils.
- Nine times out of 10, if he spots you chatting with some of the crew, he’ll butt in and call them out for not being at their posts. “Whataya doin’ moseyin’ around for? I ain’t payin’ you jackoffs to chat! Get back to work before I boil ya for breakfast!”
- Some nights, when the crew is gathered for a party to celebrate a successful haul, a bunch of the ravagers take turns dancing with you. It doesn’t mean anything more than having fun, but Yondu never ceases to step in and throw them sharp looks as he takes your hand. “If yer gonna waste yer time dancin’,” he says whenever you give him a defensive look, “You oughta at least do it with a fella who knows how to move his damn feet.”
- His jealousy always hits its peak whenever the crew hits up the town for the evening. He’s always watching you, even when you split off from the main group to grab yourself a drink, he’ll hover in the doorway and keep his eye on you just in case.
- Whenever a stranger starts hitting on you, he shimmies in between the two of you. “This place is a pigsty if I ever done seen one,” he says as he slips his coat back just enough for them to see the arrow at his hip, “Watchu think, boy?” They never stay much longer.
- The jealousy carries on into the night. When all the ravagers gather in their dog pile to catch some shut eye, Yondu always ensures that he gets to lay beside you. Despite having his own bed, he settles on the floor like everybody else just so he can be the one closest to you.
- “Move yer smelly ass, boy,” he’ll command whenever there’s someone in his spot, “Go on, get!” Once they clear out, he settles down beside you with a long, hoarse groan.
- “What?” he’ll ask when you cock your brow and smirk in amusement, “I’m doin’ you a favor. That dog ain’t showered in weeks.”
- “Whatever you say,” you’ll answer with a knowing smile, “Cap’n.” Then, slowly and slyly, you’ll scoot over until your pressed against his side with your head on his chest. And, like clockwork, his arm will fall gently into place around your shoulder as you doze off to the rhythm of his heartbeat.