How to incorporate a typical teenage love story into a show
1. Have the two love interests, one will be quirky and ditzy, the other will be a bad boy/rebel
(make sure the quirky/ditzy one is very oblivious, to the point where it actually kills you)
2. Make them hate each other (because they think that they’re complete opposites) so that no one would even guess that they would ever have a relationship in the future
3. Again, you gotta really sell their rivalry, you need to trick your audience
4. Also make sure to subtly show that they’re more similar than they realize
5. As the story progresses, make it painfully obvious that the bad boy has developed feelings for the quirky/ditzy character by making him jealous and having him flirt a lot
(make sure the quirky/ditzy character is still completely and utterly oblivious to this)
5. Force a love interest onto the bad boy to cause unnecessary drama
6. Have a moment where the bad boy saves the quirky/ditzy character from danger
Making it seem as if they’re going to get together
But then they don’t because it’s way too early for that and you gotta keep the audience on their feet!
7. Drag out the rivalry some more (even though it’s mainly just the bad boy being salty that his crush doesn’t recognize in the slightest that he’s pining because they’re oblivious af)
8. Give them a few random moments where they actually enjoy being with each other as well, it makes the audience think there might be something going on between the two but they’re not 100% sure
9. When the bad boy gets into some sort of danger, make the ditzy/quirky/oblivious character finally realize after forever that “Oh shit, I actually do kinda care about this guy.”
9. Distrupt this sudden, important realization that could have actually led to their relationship starting by dropping a huge bomb into the story
10. Leave the audience on a giant cliffhanger, wondering if this situation will bring them closer together or farther apart.
Maybe in season 100 they’ll possibly get together? Who knows? The audience will just have to wait and see!