Square could have made FFXV’s ending hit even harder than it did.
I was watching the final cutscene again because it struck me that it’s odd that the three chocobros should show up even briefly if they aren’t dead, and it got me thinking that Square could have pulled a Sailor Moon on the whole thing:
Imagine Noctis’ power, even bolstered by that of the old kings - by the strength his father’s blade - was just barely shy of what it would take to finish things. And then, just as his body’s breaking apart in its attempts to subdue the scourge, as it looks like for all he’s lost he’s come so far only to fail, each of his friends “appears” - Prompto, the hand on his sword-arm. Gladio, resting a meaty palm on one shoulder. Ignis, the last, steeling his grip upon the other to steady him. Lending Noctis the remainder of the strength they could have saved for themselves and the lives they might have lived.
Noctis acknowledging their sacrifices with strained voice, one by one: “Prompto.” “Glads.” “…Specs.” (A beautiful juxtaposition to how we are originally introduced to them - by how they save him in the Ifrit fight at the game’s beginning).
And they are the ones, ultimately - the friends who have stood by him, who stand by him still - who make all the difference.
I’m here for late-bloomer Kaiba suddenly discovering he apparently has a thing for confident guys who don’t give a fuck about his opinion, and now it means Atem, Yugi and Joey are all completely ruining his life.
2. Who is your favorite character to draw? Currently its tweek tweak, i really enjoy drawing Wilson from Don’t starve as well though, his hair is fabulous~
3. What songs do you listen to when you do art? I listen to a mix on pandora which consists of disney music, edgy memes from the 90s and Dubstep haha.
4. How often do you draw? Every single day, i used to have a really hard time with it but now that i feel comfortable with my art style i make it a point to create at least one sketch in my sketchbook a night \o/
5. digital or traditional? I like both, traditional is wonderful for sketching but i transfer over to digital to create my final products. my traditional works rarely make it past the sketch stage ;;;
12. Draw one of your favorite characters in 15 seconds?