So this was me today! I was volunteering at the Roman Legionary Museum for Soldier’s Week telling kids about life as a soldier and teaching them drills…also living out a dream of mine to dress as a Roman soldier NBD.
Apparently it’s assumed that legionaries had tattoos of their legion too so we sharpied that shit on and it was great.
Not to boast but I think I make a pretty decent Roman soldier!
One thing I do enjoy though is that every time I learn a new weapon or try new armour I always end up suiting and being better at the cavalry and light auxiliary stuff, so basically I am a flanking cavalry unit. So sill Alexander the Great.
Follow us on Instagram, twitter and Facebook! We’re also on Spotify with our debut album “We’re not ovaryacting” Have a listen and help us smash the patriarchy one track at a time! Love The Menstrual Cramps xoxo
Summary: Reader obvious loves Bucky and when she fights for his honor, he might feel the same.
Warnings: maybe fluff. CUSSING SOOO MUCH UNHOLY WORDS.
Y/N was apart of the Avengers, she was their best sniper. She didn’t have powers or a ‘dark past.’ In all honesty, Y/N decision to become a sniper came from a list. She had written a list when she was in her younger teenage years and she wanted to complete the list. At the bottom of her dramatic list was to become her dream gal, which was a badass sniper. Y/N started quickly to make her younger self proud and boy would she be proud.
She didn’t aim to kill at the beginning but when she was drafted to fight for her life, she wasn’t given the option to wound them. She fought in the wars her country needed her for and she caught the eye of Nick Furry and Steve Rogers themselves. She was a bit confused when she received a letter that strictly told her to come to see the Avengers at the tower as soon as she read the last sentence. Fast forward a year and Y/N is apart of the family.
Rules: You can tell a lot about a person based on the music they listen to. Put your music on shuffle, and list the first 10 songs, and tag 10 people.
I’ve done this one like five times but I still love it. I love music so much. :) I was tagged by: @simplythebest-chatlover
1) Umbrella Scene - (From ML, ahahaha) This song tugs at my emotions for obvious reasons and it’s also really relaxing. I love listening to it, it’s so soothing. <3
2) All Star - Smash Mouth- YES I UN-IRONICALLY LOVE THIS SONG, IT’S BEEN ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITES EVER SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL. It pumps me up and I when I feel really cheerful and ‘i want to fight life’ it’s a great song for me to turn on.
3) History Maker - Dean Fujioka (YURI ON ICE FRICK YEAAAHHHHH) I’m such a nerd but I actually bought this song BEFORE I watched the show!!! It fills me with determination and makes me feel like I can accomplish my goals if I really try hard!!! :D It’s such a good song jeeze!!!!
4) Crybaby - Melanie Martinez - Aaahhhhhh I love this song. I cry really easily when I get upset, and I don’t care who sees me cry if I’m mad or upset enough. When I was little, one of the worst memories I have is when the lady who was babysitting me called me a cry baby when I started crying after HER little kid took away the toy I was playing with. I never liked her after that…. She really made me feel bad.
5) Dancing in the Dark - Rihanna - This is… just such a good song. It makes me smile. It makes me want to dance without fail. :) It’s just so so good, I can’t get over how good it is. It just puts me in such a good mood.
6) Again - Yui - (AKA THE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD OPENING SONG - AKA ONE OF THE BEST ANIME OPENINGS EVER MADE) This was the first anime opening that I never skipped through????? It’s just SO GOOD, HOLY CRAP. It makes me feel excited and epic, and just- WOW the whole song is amazing please go listen to it.
7) Sad Machine - Porter Robinson - This is such a good mood inspiring song… it makes me want to draw. It’s just really pretty. :)
8) Nicest Thing - Kate Nash - This is probably the most depressing song I own, hahaha. It’s about having a crush on a friend who is really nice and wishing that you could be with them. Really really wishing you could, and imagining what it would be like to date them. :( Sigh. I wanted to do an ML lyric comic to this song. Sad.
9) Goyanomachiawase - Hello Sleepwalkers - (AKA the Noragami opening, I can’t remember if it was season one or two) This song just pumps me up, it gives me an adrenaline rush, it’s awesome. :D
10) The Attack on Titan Theme song. LOL. That is the most epic song, I love it. Love the intense German parts in it too, hahaha.
Born with the ability to see Malakim, Velvet takes on the role of the Exorcist following the death of her brother. Similar to how she is in game, Velvet rarely conceals her emotions and fights as if her life depends on it. Rarely does she actually use her malak in fights, and it is only ever to heal her.
Notes about this AU/Verse
There is a poll over who’s scarier, Lady Teresa or Velvet
Velvet has ‘number two’ nicknamed Phi. No-one knows if he has a full name or not.
Velvet is unaware that her brother was killed by Artorious.
I’ve tried to think about what to say about this man that I haven’t already said.
Probably people here already know how much I love this guy, and not just for that incredible voice that, no matter what, is and will always be my favorite sound in the world. I admire his strength, that will to always fight whatever life and fate throws him against. I admire and envy so much his smile that had never faltered, that faith that things would be alright even when he had every right to put his foot down and say “enough”. I so envy his endless energies, his never stopping but always doing something because life is now and you should enjoy to its fullest. I admire him for always being so private about his life, his projects and always applaud someone else for their ideas or works.
Well, I’m proud of everything he accomplished, of how hard he still works to be that beautiful voice once again. I’m proud to be his fan and I’m proud to call him my idol.
Happy birthday Brian, my favorite pocket in the world. 💕💕
You don’t get better on the days when you feel like going. You get better on the days when you don’t want to go, but you go anyway. If you can overcome the negative energy coming from your tired body or unmotivated mind, you will grow and become better. It won’t be the best workout you have, you won’t accomplish as much as what you usually do when you actually feel good, but that doesn’t matter. Growth is a long term game, and the crappy days are more important.
It’s going to be a hard 4 years, but We the People are what America truly is, not two old guys in the Whitehouse. We will help each other where the government doesn’t, we will stand up to what is unjust, and we will make it. Together.