My loves, as much as I enjoy my regular visits at expensive spas, every now and then come these moments when nothing seems more appealing than a warm bath at home.
The past couple of days have really taken a toll on me psychologically and there’s nothing that can relax me more than spoiling myself a bit. Tomorrow morning I’m leaving fo a 3-day trip so I thought it was a great opportunity to pamper myself while preparing for this mini autumn vacation.
Tonight I’m sharing with you my super extra pampering routine (cause I’m a queen like that 👸🏼💁🏼💋)
Dry brushing is a crucial step at my every day body care and I rarely omit it. Not only does it exfoliate the skin, turning it baby soft, it also boosts blood and lymph circulation, thus aiding in the natural process of detox and fighting cellulite! Use upward motions towards your heart ❤️
After that I hope straight in the shower. First I take care of my hair, currently I’m using the new kerastase aura botanica line. I really enjoy the shampoo and the hair oil, the conditioner though isn’t sufficiently hydrating and the Essence d’Eclat is a complete waste of money! The whole line though smells really good, to me it smells exactly like the nestea peach iced tea, fresh, fruity, and just sweet enough. I find that it subtly and pleasantly lingers on the hair for quite a few days. After I shampoo I combine a fair amount of conditioner and two pumps of the hair oil in the palms of my hands and I apply the mixture from the middle down focusing on my ends. I pull my hair in a bun.
At this point I’ll clean my face. I use a balm or oil ( grapeseed oil is great for acne prone skin and the darphin rosewood cleansing balm is one of my top choices as well) to remove any makeup or impurities from the day. Then if I need to I’ll use a face scrub. (Please do not use baking soda to exfoliate your skin!!)
I begin filling the tub. I sprinkle ¼ of a cup baking soda and half a cup Himalayan pink salt while the water’s still running. Once the tub is full I pour 1 cup raw apple cider vinegar, one bottle of milk and top the bath off with fresh rose petals and bougainvillea flowers. (What I had in hand today 🌹🌸)
The baking soda and the salts help detox your body, the vinegar balances the pH levels, the lactose in the milk gently exfoliates revealing healthy, glowing skin ✨and the flowers heal the soul.
I love lighting a few candles. I find the dim light they provide extremely comforting and I truly enjoy a beautiful scent!
I lay in the warm water for a good twenty minutes, in the meantime I like to use a face mask. Tonight I combined raw honey, tomato paste and turmeric. Honey and turmeric are ingredients I love and use regularly on my skin, honey softens and acts as a humectant, hydrating the skin, plus it has antibacterial properties. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and helps achieve a healthier, more even pigmented complexion. Finally the tomato paste is just so much more practical than fresh tomatoes! The AHA’s naturally present in tomatoes help gently exfoliate and reveal glowy, even-toned skin.
Regular scrubbing is also essential to my body care routine! It promotes even toned skin, helps fade marks and scars, gives healthy, baby soft skin and ensures a close shave. For a wintertime bodycare treat I like to combine equal parts of chocolate flavored coffee and sugar and mix everything with enough almond oil to create a nice consistency. I like to top everything off with a few spoonfuls raw cacao and some vanilla extract to make it extra special! The caffeine tones and firms the skin and helps conceal cellulite, the oil lightly moisturizes and provides a cushion against the razor blades, the cacao is full of nutrients and minerals plus it enhances the chocolate aroma and finally, vanilla is an antidepressant and aphrodisiac 😉.
After I scrub myself for a few minutes I rinse the granules with warm water but do not wash off the oil. The oil moisturizes and gives the necessary slip for a gentle, close shave! I find that it works much better than any cream/gel I’ve tried.
Once I’m done shaving I use a wooden foot file to maintain my pedicure and proceed to rinse off the mask (if I haven’t already done that) and my hair.
Finally I use the John Masters Organics blood orange body wash. It’s gentle and natural yet effective and it smells delicious 😋
Before I towel dry my body, and while I’m still in the shower, I use coconut oil all over. Except from deeply moisturizing, it has antibacterial properties that keep body breakouts at bay!
Once I’m dry I’ll proceed normally with the rest of my skincare routine! I also like to apply aloe Vera gel at my bikini line to prevent razor irritations. To ensure ultra soft skin I apply a body cream ( I LOVE the Kiehl’s mom and baby moisturizer) and a foot and hand cream. I’ll cover my feet in gel-lined socks and use cuticle oil around my nails.
That was it babes! Remember to always take some extra time for yourself ❤️👸🏼
FLASH RUNNING. CYBORG SAVING PEOPLE. AQUAMAN THROWING HIS TRIDENT IN SLOW MOTION. BRUCE FIGHTING PARADEMONS. LOIS. MERA. THE AMAZONS FIGHTING DARKSEID’S ARMY. DIANA “SHALL WE?” JIM GORDON. ARTHUR RIDING ON TOP OF THE BATMOBILE.
If you're still doing prompts, NurseyDex, relationship bickering but everyone thinks they're seriously arguing?
“If you would just try to see things from my point of view - “
“I can see your point of view perfectly and it’s dumb! And - “
“Woah, woah, woah,” Nursey hears from behind him, and it startles him into stopping and turning around to look at Whiskey.
“What’s up, Whisk?” Nursey asks.
“Could you guys, like, do this at a whisper? The kids don’t like to hear Daddy and Daddy fighting,” he motions to the living room, where this year’s crop of freshman are currently watching television.
“We’re not fighting,” he and Dex say in unison.
“Look, it’s none of my business if you guys are, like, going through relationship troubles or whatever, but you’re the captains, you know? So maybe try to keep it away from the freshies.”
“Relationship troubles?” Dex snorts.
“None of my business,” Whiskey repeats, holding his hands up.
“We’re literally arguing over what furniture we should get for our apartment next year… that we’re living in together… because we took jobs in the same city… so that we could live together,” Nursey says, pointing to Dex’s laptop, the living room set pulled up on the screen.
“Oh my god, I forgot how fucking codependent you two are,” Whiskey laughs, rolling his eyes.
“Go tell the children that we’re literally fine and that we’re sorry if we scared them,” Dex says, shooing Whiskey out of the kitchen.
I feel so proud of myself for actively doing this for over a year now and it makes me surprisingly happy to hit these milestones. But enjoy this! (I know it’s not that much, but school has been so hard)
1. Maybe we should take on the offer and just leave without a fight.
2. “Where is it?” “Where’s what?” “The shoe I don’t have on my foot.”
3. Chain link fence is such a great cover, mate! Good job!
4. She was good at four things, long range shooting, rocket science, classical literature and lying. None of those would be any help right now.
5. Hey, at least they don’t have… oh no, I’m sorry I lied, they have dynamite too.
6. We just need to keep it simple and try not to get double crossed
7. I’m like 97% sure my old house is being used as a brothel right now
8. That motherfucker better not be dodging the goddamn briefing again.
9. Some of your old contacts were more than happy to give me information I needed. You should thank them.
10. “I’ve lost so many hours, so many days, just pretending I loved you.”
11. I wasn’t prepared you to be the villain in my life
12. It has been awhile since I have seen you actually leave the office, so I brought you food.
13. When I said I didn’t want you to do it, I genuinely meant that I didn’t want you to do it.
14. She would be lot easier talk to if she didn’t have a bullet in her head.
15. I was gonna get mad, but this is my old gum I left here like four years ago.
16. You need a lesson in trash talking, honey.
17. He has the right to the crown, right to reign. He does not need your permission to do anything.
18. “Loyalty, right? That’s what you want from your soldiers? I can make that happen.” “You only know loyalty out of fear. I don’t want that.”
19. What a nice thing to be yelled at right off the bat
20. I think she technically said she won’t date anybody who doesn’t have a Wikipedia page, so..
21. You spent years in shackles. Have you forgotten how to fight?
22. Well I think you technically broke someone’s back..
23. I don’t want to sound like an asshole… Well in this instance I don’t really give a fuck, so I’ll insult you
24. It always managed to surprise me that two lunatics with death wishes found each other and decided that they needed to take over the word.
25. There was always going to be death in drunken brawls. At least when the poets joined in and swung their weapons around.
26. You always look like you just escaped homeless center
27. Whenever you say that, it starts to mean little less and less.
28. Why are you even bothering to apologize for it? I’m not mad and these people here aren’t demanding an apology.
29. I don’t want to waste your time with my crying.
30. You can’t imagine how long I’ve wanted to say that joke.
31. She knew they weren’t coming for her, so what did she have left to lose? She started screaming, banging her hands on the metal door, shouting treats and profanities at her captors.
32. Stop throwing the basketball to people who aren’t in the game!
33. I need you to stop being so distracted by dogs, man.
34. We cannot risk that she won’t come back and try to free them again.
35. I have super glue and duct tape ready if you fuck this up somehow.
36. “But you’re a hero!” “I guess it depends on who’s eyes you look it through.”
37. Some people can only learn by pain. Are you one of those people?
38. I’m going to invade your privacy now, please don’t hit me.
39. Please stop with the slow-motion fighting!
40. Your fake Scottish accent involves awful lot of spitting.
41. The motherfuckers blew up our card house? It’s time for death.
42. “Because carrying one taser gun wasn’t enough?” “I’m a boy scout, I’m always prepared!”
43. You are accusing me for being one of them? Even though I have been fighting against them for whole life?
44. We are enGAYed!
45. Did you open a champagne bottle with stiletto?
46. It might be illegal, but at least it’s not morally wrong
47. Why do you sneak around like a t-rex?
48. Is this something we should talk about or just blatantly ignore?
49. “Are you not going to let me even apologize?!” “Apologize about what? I thought you didn’t do anything.”
50. She left the club on sixth street at 2am, phone dead and heels slowly proving victorious once again.
51. Are you not aware how many lives you’ve single handedly affected? It’s rather amazing.
52. All my friends are war journalist or demons, let’s just think about that for a moment
53. What happened to you? You’ve settled down now? And… what? Found the love of your life?
54. She crossed her legs with flirtatious smile that didn’t match her words towards me, “They always did tell me you deserved to die.”
55. Your improvise shooting targets just become smaller and smaller every time, don’t they?
56. We need to get piss up drunk right now and try to forget the whole day before somebody gets traumatized for life
57. “I’ll be brutally honest –“ “As always.” “Yes, as always. But your father is the most traumatizing motivational speaker I’ve ever heard.”
58. Not only does the mall Santa look like a Donald Trump, but he just dropped about three bags of cocaine.
59. There’s no doubt that you absolutely have enough ammo stashed away somewhere to take them down
60. He didn’t think the girl had done it, but the half-grin on her mouth the whole interrogation only fueled the others to pile the evidence solely on her.
61. Could you return her alive the next time?!
62. This is a hate hug, stop enjoying it!
63. I’m suddenly the reliable one?
64. This is oddly violent restaurant
65. You got your bodybuilder ass handed to you by a pregnant woman, you should be ashamed
66. I feel paranoid. Please stop telling me you love me.
67. You proposed her in a hospital waiting area, and honestly, I think that’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done to her
68. The king wept at the loss of his stallion, but not the death of his eldest son
69. “She’s one of the most caring people I know!” “Well I guess she’s just hiding it very fucking well”
70. It’s controlled arrogance
71. I need some education… I’ll google it
72. I took a half day out for this, you better not die, yeah?
73. Make sure they’re okay if I’m not gonna be…
74. “You son of a bitch!” “Well I’m a daughter of yours, so you’re practically correct in your insult.”
75. Why are you acting like he never tried to kill me?!
76. Well I think heart attack kinda ruins the joke
77. She knew she shouldn’t have voiced her misfortunes out loud, it was just asking for the world to pile more bullshit on her shoulders.
78. He’s just a definition of heart attack!
79. I think you’ve tricked me into having fun
80. As far as I know, I’m the only lawyer in the city to run over a client with a cement trunk
81. They always told me stories of how she sailed to the edge of the world and how she fought the seven devils alone to save the world
82. Tie your shoes, it’s parkour time!
83. Communicate with me! Don’t yell!
84. He even smells like a rich brat! Like a repulsive rich brat…
85. Do you really think I’m the type of girl to joke about double homicide?
86. I think our father is trying to cook lobsters in the microwave…
87. I don’t know about you, but that sounded like a confession to me
88. She knew no matter how bad she could fuck up, there was one person in who could get her out of anything
89. He never told me where he was going. And maybe that was for good, knowing me, I’d probably follow him like a desperate puppy I am.
90. When you asked me on a date, I thought we’d go to get food or drinks or something normal! Never did I thought you’d involve me into a hostage situation!
91. Her grandfather made his living playing a piano in bars around the big city and her father played a guitar in a cruise band, there where she got her musical talent.
92. She sat on the stone steps of the brownstone house, the cold rain slowly drenching her, but she still looked happy
93. They hadn’t realized how much alcohol they’d ended up drinking the night before, but the head splitting headache and the new matching tattoos on the bottom of their feet told a story of different kind
94. You want me to give your life expectancy? Because I could. But I also think you’re immortal.
95. Oh wow, they learned to shoot at your legs finally?
96. Please don’t shoot at me, please don’t shoot at me… Oh my god! PLEASE STOP SHOOTING AT ME!
97. This turned out to be hell of a lot more painful than I thought
98. I’m willing to lose this fight if it’s necessary…
99. Let’s hope they are the type who ask questions first and then shoot…
100. You have to hope they still remember me and that I didn’t anything to anger them before I died
101. They lived only a block away from the pool hall, so their father assumed they were there and left for his next shift downtown.
102. I think you forgot that I’m quite much useless in a long fight
103. My legs are sore from running and I want to kill your boyfriend
104. He was sure if he was to walk there and tap on her shoulder, she would jump out of her chair screaming.
105. It turned out to be easier to pull the trigger of a taser than trigger of a gun
106. She sucked in her cheeks and crossed her eyes, making a silly face for the baby laying on its back
107. He rubbed his tongue on the roof of his mouth, wanting to say something, but never doing so
108. They sat on the edge of their bed, contemplating should they leave a note for their sleeping brother
109. They sold his car last Tuesday, still fully believing he was dead
110. Just out of interest, have you heard of invasion of privacy before?
111. Somebody bless my soul!
112. “So are we on the same wavelength?” “What?”
Some chapter title ideas also;
1. Heroes Always Die Alone
2. 19 Easy Ways To Lose Your Friends And Bury Your Enemies
3. The Loyal Knight And Righteous Mad Woman
4. Too Naïve For The Job
5. One Hated, One Loved And One Pitied
6. The One Who Pulled The Trigger Was In Love
7. I Kissed You And Lost Your Heart
8. Me, You And Our Best Friend Death
9. Extravagant Lies Always End In Death
10. The Royal Alien Changes Nothing
11. Some Level Of Insanity In Us
12. Bewitched Love Story
13. Four Lured In Death
14. Gullible Sweethearts and Coffee Cups
15. Barbed Wire And Beer Bottle Hassle
16. Misfortune of Misplacing Things
17. Deep Conversations In A Strip Clubs
18. 3 Original Ways To Wish His Death
19. Bottle Jäger Later And It Didn’t Sound So Absurd Anymore
I wrote most of this on the plane lol. I hope it’s alright! Enjoy!
You groan inwardly when you see Reggie and his gang come through the
door and into the student lounge. Your day was already going bad enough;
the last thing you need right now is to hear him spew half-thought out,
condescending comments from his mouth. Shifting uncomfortably in your
seat, you reposition your laptop on the desk, trying your best to ignore
“Didja hear what I got up to this weekend?” he guffaws, “I’ll tell ya she was….”
can’t quite see what he’s doing with his hands but you guess it’s
probably some lewd gesture because hoots and cries erupt from his
friends followed by what sounds like hearty slaps on the back.
This is a short piece from an AU I have where Bruce and Clark met during Bruce’s Batman training. Years later, they’ve been married since before they were heroes, but no one knows. Until Batman is caught kissing Clark Kent.
“You knew Jimmy was there!”
“I- You know how much of a distraction you are, and it was on top of a building full of reporters-”
“You.” Bruce whirled around, jamming his finger into the man’s chest. “Are lying to me. And you are still bad at it.” Kal was quiet for a long moment, standing in place. At long length, his shoulders wilted.
“I… I didn’t plan it, but- but I did notice him,” he admitted, pained.
“Before or after you kissed me?” Bruce challenged. Kal’s silence said it all. “What the hell were you thinking?!”
“What kind of PR can I spin about this?! Batman doesn’t do press!”
“Don’t you dare make a joke about him ‘doing’ the press right now.”
I’m so tired of society making trans people feel unsafe. I had a really eye opening experience today when a member of my gym wanted to let me know about “her situation” and the fact that she seemed scared to death to even tell me. And when I let her know she can use whatever locker room she wants and to tell us if she has any issues, I thought she was going to cry. So honestly what I’m trying to say here is why aren’t we, in the year 2017, already at the point where trans people feel safe in public spaces?