feuilly & cosette siblings headcanons??
- imagine that when Valjean adopts them, Cosette quickly calls him ‘Papa’ but Feuilly, who was a few years older, calls him ‘Mr. Jean’ (or whichever alias he uses in that universe, if any) and use ‘vous’ for him for the longest time. Even as an adult he still gets squirmy happy when Valjean introduces him as his son.
- Feuilly ends up starting to work pretty early, too, even though Valjean tries to tell him he doesn’t need too - after his first pay, Feuilly tries to give it to Valjean to pay for the roof and food (because Valjean may have known Cosette’s mother, it has nothing to do with him, and Valjean didn’t plan on taking him in but he ended up doing so anyway). Valjean just grabs him and pull him into a hug; they stay like that for a little while, but then Cosette creeps up behind them and joins in the hug and then Feuilly starts to cry a little (and it’s the first time Valjean actually sees him cry, he realises. that’s also when Feuilly takes the mental note of trying to drop the ‘Mr.’ when talking to Valjean, though it’s easier said than done…)
- they don’t give each other presents for birthdays - though they do for Christmas - because they share nearly everything for most of their childhood anyway. Instead they use that day to go out together, spend the day together and talk about - life?
- Cosette has definitely tested her newest make-up tutorials on Feuilly’s face. Several times.
- And she proudly wears the clothes Feuilly mends for her, even when they’re a little shaky.
- Feuilly at first is a bit secretive about the political things he’s involved in, because he doesn’t want Cosette to be involved, because she’s his little sister and he’s being a butt, but he’s actually a terrible liar and Cosette quickly reminds him that he never could actually stop her from doing anything she set her mind to, and that he shouldn’t even try because he’s going to fail, and he just thinks about it for a moment, then he’s like ‘Yeah, true. next meeting’s thursday, if you’re interested?’. And she beams, and that’s how Cosette gets involved.
- (She’s not that involved, because she has her own volunteering and charities going on, that she starts with Valjean but end up basically running on her own. but Les Amis end up joining forces with Cosette’s charities on more than one occasion.