I don’t think labels are important.
Like, you identify as a feminist and you’re for equality. That’s cool!
You identify as an egalitarian and you’re also for equality? That’s cool too!
What else is cool:
- Listening to what others have to say, not dismissing their opinion because of their label.
- Civilized debates, not name-calling.
- Advocating equality.
- Realizing that all labels have good and bad eggs.
What’s not cool:
- Saying you’re for equality but discriminating against a certain group.
- Shaming someone *just* because of their label.
- Forcing someone to drop their label and change it to yours.
- Forcing someone who is neutral to be your label.