9 Great and Long Kara / Lena Fics - SuperCorp Fic Recs
In this SuperCorp (Supergirl) Femslash Fanfiction Recommendation, I have collected nine long and excellent stories.
This is my contribution to Fic Rec Days, on Femslash Friday in Femslash
February 2017. (So many tags ;-)
(If you’ve missed it, here’s the post explaining what Fandom Fic Rec Days is about)
All of the stories were finished in late 2016,
early 2017 – before Supergirl episode S2E12 Luthors aired. I did not
include real AU (Alternate Universe), soulmate AU or stories dealing with (red)
kryptonite - which I might come back to separately.
Sanvers is a secondary or background ship in many of the stories.
Overview of the nine Kara / Lena stories (scroll down for the detailed recs and links)
- Three Days by Silent_Specter: The one that perfectly blends an angsty action thriller with a love story
- Beyond Compare by writerstealth: The one in which, after Cat left, Kara and Lena are building a life together
- Lord, Save Me from Your Followers by anamatics: The one that is much more than a social media love story
- Don’t need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo by yourbestapology: The one in which Lena, Kara, Alex and Maggie spend a weekend in Lena’s cabin
- Danishes and other sweet treats by unicyclehippo: The one in which Kara and Lena go to a conference together and Lena lashes out at Kara
- My personal Santa in heels by Clonchi: The one that is much more than a Christmas fic (despite the title)
- You Saved Me by DarthSayahSwag: The one in which Lena (falls in love with both Kara and Supergirl and) does not want to become Supergirl’s weakness.
- Through her stomach by Vallern: The one about Kara’s two great loves: Food and Lena.
- Heroism is a full time job by unicyclehippo: The one in which Supergirl needs to be Lena’s bodyguard and Lena likes Kara - but Supergirl not so much.
1. The one that perfectly blends an angsty action thriller with a love story
- Title: Three Days
- Author: Silent_Specter (@thattallnerdybean on tumblr)
- Link to fic: [AO3]
- Setting: Supergirl TV 2015 (DCU) AU-ish (a bit Alternate Universe)
- Relationship: Kara Danvers/Lena Luthor (Supercorp / Karlena), secondary: Alex Danvers/Maggie Sawyer (Sanvers) (f/f)
- 20 Chapters, 43k words (completed)
- Published: 2016-2017 (Jan)
- Rating: Teen and Up
A post-Medusa fic, exploring what might happen when Supergirl finally goes to talk to Lena Luthor.
The two begin to see each other more clearly after a particularly tense night, but whenever Luthors and Supers are involved, there’s bound to be trouble as well. Will Lena and Kara find happiness, or are they destined to play out the tragedies of their families forever?
(This story is heavily focused around Lena. It’s mainly Supercorp, but there is some quality Sanvers in there! Also some unexpected brotp Maggie/Lena. Minor appearances by other characters.)
Very angsty, romantic and heartbreaking.
There is a beautiful love story and a well written action movie / thriller plot
all competently wrapped together. At the height of the tension, when it is
revealed what Lex had done to Lena, my heart nearly broke.
This amazing story succeeds where many AAA movies fail: to weave all of this together into something that is more than the sum of its part: angst, romance, action and suspense.
Definitely one of the best plot driven
femslash fanfics. One of the best, in my opinion the best Supercorp story,
Alex and Maggie are also portrait very well and it is fun to see Lena and Maggie interact.