Happy 28th Birthday, Jack Falahee! (February 20th, 1989)
“We don’t ask the actor playing James Bond what his sexual preference is. So I don’t know what it is, really, with trying to out actors who portray gay characters on television. But it is some sort of fascination in society.“
Happy 28th Birthday, Jack Falahee! (February 20, 1989) ♡
I’d really like to do more voiceover work. I like the idea of being able to voice a character that you look nothing like–a complete departure from reality. It’s a dream of mine to voice a character in a Hayao Miyazaki film.
Comments from some of Ted Bundy’s victims’ family members following his execution in 1989:
“I suspect it will trouble us for the rest of our lives.” -Dave Rancourt, father of Susan Rancourt.
“It’s a bag of mixed emotions when we find relief in a man’s death. We all feel justice has been done. All of his escapades– it was like a sharp knife twisting at us. It was being done to all of us- all his victims. If anything good comes of this, we won’t allow this to happen again.” -Vivian Rancourt, mother of Susan Rancourt.
(The spokesman-Review, January 25, 1989)
“I haven’t thought about forgiving him. How could you forgive somebody who hurts your child? I’m not that gracious an individual.” -Edie Hawkins, mother of Georgeann Hawkins.
(Green Valley News, June 11, 2014)
“I view him pretty much as cancer that has to be removed.” -Donald E. Blackburn, father of Janice Ott.
(The Telegraph, January 24, 1998)
“I feel kind of numb in a way. My daughter’s murder was taken care of. He paid for what he did. It seems like I was sentenced to a lifetime of waiting. Now there’s really nothing to wait for.” -Eleanore Rose, mother of Denise Naslund.
(The Spokesman-Review, January 25, 1989)
“I was shocked when he confessed. I just wasn’t ready to hear it. Nancy was such a sensitive person, so kind. If she were alive today, she’d probably feel pity for Bundy for being such a sick person.” -Connie Wilcox, mother of Nancy Wilcox.
(People, February 6, 1989)
“I had anticipated a much different feeling that I had. I’d felt some of the bitterness would be relieved, but that isn’t the case. I think I’ll carry it to my grave.” -Dean Kent, father of Debbie Kent.
(Boca Raton News, December 24, 1989)
“You never really forgive someone for something like that. You just try to put it behind you. It’s not important to me now. The thing I’d like to have back, I can’t have.” -Robert Campbell, father of Caryn Campbell.
(The Harvard Crimson, January 25, 1989)
“He may have deprived the world of something exceptional. Every single person in this country may have lost something when that kid was killed. I suppose you can say that there is a 99 percent chance that it’s over. But I’m hesitant to write it off, period. There’s always that 1 percent chance.” -Edward Culver, father of Lynette Culver.
The Shameful Death of Elisa Izquierdo - Elisa Izquierdo was born on 11 February, 1989, in Woodhull Hospital, Brooklyn, New York. Her father, Gustavo, was a Cuban immigrant while her mother, Awilda, was Puerto Rican raised in Brooklyn. Throughout the pregnancy, Awilda, a drug addict, continued to abuse drugs. As a result, Elisa was born addicted to crack cocaine. Awilda carried on this drug abuse following the birth and Gustavo, worried about the safety of their daughter, filed for full custody which was granted. Gustavo was a fantastic father that doted on his precious daughter - “She was his life. He would always say she was his princess,” a family friend went on to recall. As Elisa was in preschool, an affidavit was signed which stated that Awilda had overcome her addiction, had a permanent accommodation, and was now a married woman expecting another child. On paper, she seemed to have her life together. By 1991, Awilda was granted unsupervised visitation with her daughter, Elisa. Awilda’s two eldest children informed relatives that during these visits, Awilda would brutally beat Elisa. You would think that upon hearing this information these relatives would take that information straight to authorities. They did not. Gustavo and a number of Elia’s teachers noticed that Elisa often arrived back home from these visits bearing bruising. On one occasion, Elisa even had bruising around the genitalia. It was noticed by Gustavo that Elisa had began to wet the bed and would often be sick once returning home. Gustavo went straight to the authorities to report these findings, as did one teacher. Elisa herself even confessed to the abuse to a social worker.
In 1992, Gustavo applied to have the visitation rights ceased; tragically, the courts denied this application and the visitations were allowed to continue. By 1993, Gustavo had purchased airplane tickets and had planned to move back to Cuba, taking Elisa with him. However, Gustavo and Elisa never made the flight - Gustavo was rushed to hospital with respiratory complications and died from lung cancer. The death of Gustavo was the nail in the coffin of Elisa escaping her abusive mother. Upon his death, Awilda filed for full custody of Elisa. She was initially granted temporary custody and upon hearing this terrifying news, Elsa Canizares, Gustavo’s cousin, also filed for custody. The head teacher of Elisa’s school and even Prince Michael of Greece, who had met Elisa in her school, wrote letters to the Judge, informing him of the torment Elisa had experienced at the hands of her own mother. Regardless of the mounting evidence as to why Awilda was not a suitable mother, in 1994, Awilda was granted full and permanent custody of Elisa: a decision that would prove to be fatal. Almost immediately, the abuse began. Elisa was taken out of her preschool and sent to a different one. Here she was reported as being withdrawn and uncommunicative. She was also reported to be riddled with bruises each week and appeared to have difficulty walking. Again, this clear evidence of abuse was reported but these reports were discarded due to apparently being “not reportable.” Enraged, Awilda withdrew Elisa from the school. Upon this withdrawal, Elisa was locked in her bedroom 24/7. She wasn’t even allowed out to use the bathroom. Neighbours often heard Elisa screaming and begging Awilda to stop. This was reported to the authorities but again, no action was taken. On 15 November, Awilda called her sister and told her that Elisa was “like retarded on the bed,” and that she had some sort of fluid leaking from her nose and mouth. The fluid was brain fluid. Elisa was left on the bed until the following day when Awilda invited a neighbour inside to view the body. The neighbour immediately called an ambulance but it was far too late - Elisa was dead.
Awilda confessed that she had thrown Elisa head first into a concrete wall two days before the ambulance was called. She revealed that Elisa hadn’t spoken or moved since the incident. Medical examiners were horrified at the sight of little Elisa and couldn’t even begin to imagine the torture she had endured by somebody who was supposed to be her caregiver. She had numerous injuries which included broken fingers (one finger bone was even protruding through the skin), burns and cuts over her head, face, and body, and internal injuries. An autopsy also revealed that her genitalia and rectum bore signs of trauma which included tearing. It was later reported that Awilda had often sexually assaulted Elisa with a toothbrush and a hairbrush. Awilda’s husuband, Carlos Lopez, also partook. They even forced Elisa to eat her own faeces on a number of occasions. It was shown that all of the injuries had been sustained over a period of time; she had been tortured from the moment she entered the house. The abuse surrounding this case is extremely abhorrent but even more abhorrent is the fact that it was easily preventable had the authorities responded accordingly. Awilda was sentenced to 15 years to life imprisonment. Her next parole hearing is scheduled for July 2016,
“Although compassion for animals was River’s initial and enduring motivation for veganism, he has a solid intellectual understanding of the interconnections between America’s meat-based diet and Third World hunger, environmental devastation, and the high mortality rate of cancer and heart disease in America. He sees veganism as the one thing that every American can do to help create a better world-for humans, animals and the environment in which we live”
On February 25, 1989, my first seiyuu waifu was born. The woman with a cute, calm, conservative demeanour and has one of the cutest voices in anime.
Happy Birthday Hanazawa Kana! More power to you (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤!