- After three trials involving fatal police shootings of black people end in acquittals or mistrials, efforts to hold law enforcement officers accountable for their actions saw a rare victory Tuesday.
- According to Oregon Live, an FBI agent has been indicted for allegedly lying about the Jan. 26, 2016, shooting death of LaVoy Finicum.
- Finicum a 54-year-old white man who joined Ammon Bundy and several other white militiamen in an armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge near Burns, Oregon, that winter.
- Finicum was shot and killed by state police troopers after swerving into a snowbank to avoid a traffic stop on a rural highway.
- He reportedly stepped out out of his vehicle, dared the troopers to shoot him and allegedly reached for a 9mm handgun in his pocket. He was struck by three bullets. Read more (6/28/17)