Our Cat’s are named Nak, and Fawkes. You all have a lot of questions about them so we’re making a new introduction post!
Nak has been working events for over 7 years now! She has dressed up for all sorts of things from Pirates and RenFaires to Sports rallies. She just was a guest at Emerald City Comicon to sign her Comic book covers for @valiantentertainment.
She is turning 15 next month but our Vet is ecstatic with how healthy and spry she is! She rides around on my shoulders quite a bit and has a habit of drooling when she purrs. She is also one of the softest cats you might ever pet.
Next is Fawkes (We adopted him on the Fifth of November)
He has a little disorder where his balance is a little off and he stomps everywhere he walks as a result. He also has trouble stopping when running at top speed >.< . He’s 6 now. And while Nak is the event Cat. Fawkes is by far the most trainable cat I’ve ever owned. He comes and sits on command. Also we’re working on Up and Down. He’s by and far the more enthusiastic of the two about the pictures. But that’s because photo shoots equal treats and playtime.
He also is amazing at holding poses longer than Nak.
Any time you see either of the cats with an open mouth. It’s because they are chewing a treat, and I’m trying to get a certain expression with the lips/mouth. But it’s also how I end up with the silly derpy pictures while I’m snapping tons of shots.
How we’ve worked with them is to positively reinforce the activities we do with them. Treats, playtime, special dinners, and no negativity. You can’t just jump into this. If you wanted to do costumes you should start small and loose and comfortable and work slowly towards a goal, and LISTEN to the feedback you get from your pet. They are your partner.
Just remember for every 1 photo you all see I’ve deleted around 15-30 more to try and get these shots just right and in the best focus. I’ve been getting better.
Oh and while we’re at it. I’m “Freyu” the Artist/Feline wrangler (Who used to sword fight at Faires)
And with the help of my Wife we’ve turned this into a fun little side job in order to help bring smiles and brighten all of your days! From our family to yours, stay positive! and Brighten as many days as you can, when you can!
Can we talk about how absolutely traumatic the original ending of Fallout 3 would’ve been for Butch if Lone died.
- His last connection to Vault 101 is gone. He can’t go home. They never wanted him there anyway and if Amata kicked out her best friend, there is no way she’d let him back in.
- Lone is the glue that holds the group (Charon, Fawkes, Dogmeat, Butch, etc) together. For a brief moment, Butch had the gang, the family, he always dreamed about, and now besides Dogmeat and maybe Charon he’s alone.
- The BoS probably wouldn’t let him stay long if he wasn’t planning on joining. Butch wouldn’t care anyway, but he’d remain bitter about them being cowards and letting a teenager die for the rest of his life.
- He burns his vault suit after people inevitably mistake him for Lone.
- As a vault dweller, most now consider him the new Lone and savior of the wastes. Three Dog probably crowns him the new “crazy kid from Vault 101” and the pressure of being just as great as Lone eats at him.
- The predictable moment when the Wastelanders realize this and think of him as a disappointment.
- More hangovers in the Rivet City jail and Harkness’ annoyance with him becoming pity.
- When stopping by Megaton, he drunkenly stops by Lone’s old house, forgetting that they’re gone, and finds the jacket he gave them. He never goes back.
- He knows the only way he’ll ever escape Lone’s shadow is by leaving D.C. and so sets his sights out West in New Vegas, where no one gives a damn what you do and no one is ever sober. After journeying for months, he gets a gig as a Courier for the Mojave Express.