In case you’re bored on a night in, just a few suggestions for great movies that’ll get you inspired for the hustle.
- Casino (1995)- Absolutely brilliant movie, one of the greats. One of the main characters, Ginger, is a ‘working girl’ who marries the main character, a casino boss. That scene where he gives her all the jewellery…ugh.
- Wolf of Wall Street (2013)- For obvious reasons. If you haven’t seen it already, get on it!
- Pretty Woman (1990)- Needs no introduction. A must watch.
- Goodfellas (1990)- True, a lot of it’s about gangsters, but Karen and Henry’s relationship always inspires me to marry rich (or into a criminal gang).
- Moulin Rogue (2001)- Nicole Kidman is stunning and it’s so funny/sad.
- Chicago (2002)- Badass ladies murdering their scumbag boyfriends. Need I say more?
PS I know it’s not a movie, but if you haven’t watched Secret Diary of a Call-Girl yet, you really should.
Feel free to add your own suggestions below, ladies x
12 - Your favourite part in The Lightning Thief book that wasn’t included in the movie? Chapter Sixteen: We Take A Zebra To Vegas. Kindness International Truck, a.k.a. Percy & Annabeth’s First Personal Talk
“So if the gods fight, will things line up the way they did with the Trojan War? Will it be Athena versus Poseidon?” “I don’t know what my mom will do. I just know I’ll fight next to you.” “Why?” “Because you’re my friend, Seaweed Brain. Any more stupid questions?”