A court of wings and ruin playlist by Zara Otto on Apple Music
description of songs on my tumblr @incorrectacomafquotes. Enjoy ✨
OKAY SO, Here is the playlist I made for acowar/acomaf. I’m going to post a link to the playlist on Spotify right after this so if that works better for you check that out as well. This is a list + description of all the songs on the playlist. if you want to, give it a listen. If you want to add anything send me a message I’m always willing.
LOTS OF LOVE xxx
1. Terrible Love by Birdy: This song reminds me of Feyre when she is living with Tamlin after returning from the mountain. I think it sort of represents how alone she feels, and how intertwined with guilt she is as well.
2. When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars: I found this song to be sort of how I imagine Tam to feel towards the end of acowar when he realizes his mistakes, and only wishes Feyre the best.
3. I Feel It Coming by The Weeknd: This just reminds me of how Rhys feels for Feyre.
4. O’Sister by City and Colour: Wow okay this song reminds me of how Nesta and feyre feel towards Elain, how they wish they could help her but are powerless to the demons she holds in her head.
5. Not In That Way by Sam Smith: If you know this song, you know exactly who this is about. Basically how Az loves Mor but knows if he ever said anything, her feelings would not reflect his own.
6. Liability by Lorde: tbh I cried when I first heard this song. I find this song to relate a lot to Feyre and her process of finding self love.
7. Scene Two - Roger Rabbit by SLeeping With Sirens: I added this song bc it reminds me of Rhys’s encouragement towards Feyre to mend her own wounds, and to become her own savior. Kind if how he encourages her to love and forgive herself.
8. HEAVEN (ft. Betty Who) by Troye Sivan: This one is up to you. I find it could fit a lot of our beloved characters. To me, it reminds me of Az.
9. Self Control by Frank Ocean: When I hear this song I often think about how Az feels for Mor, and how haunting it must be to watch her suffer and not understand why she’s in so much pain. Az loves her so much that he doesn’t want to ruin the friendship by admitting his feelings. In short, Az has no self control when it comes to Mor.
10. Eyes Closed by Halsey: Literally all of Halsey’s songs remind me of SJM books so this was difficult to choose from. Honestly Badlands is just 100% SJM books. But this song in particular reminded me of Mor, and how she lost the girl she once loved and lives her life hiding her feelings.
11. 26 by Paramore: This one reminds me of the Inner Circle, and all those who dare to hold onto their dreams.
12. Moonlight by Ariana Grande: This song reminds me of when Feyre first falls in love with Rhys and Velaris in general.
13. Fly With Me by Iration: Well, this song talks about “flying” which is a euphemism of getting high bc its iration, but the lyrics remind me of how Rhys invites Feyre to fly with him, and how freeing the experience is when they all fly together in general.
14. Oh Death by R.I.S.E.: I added this song bc it kind of has a folk vibe which I like. I find it to remind me of the war in general, and how close to death everyone is.
15. Monster Lead Me Home by Sara Hartman: This song was suggested to me, I find it reminds me of when Mor picks Feyre up and brings her home, and how Velaris and the inner circle become home to Feyre.
16. Oceans by Seafret: This song was also suggested to me and ugh wow I love it thank you so much. This one is again, up to you. I think of Az and his feelings for Mor when I hear it.
17. Fallingforyou by The 1975: This songs reminds me of the night of Starfall, and Feyre falling for Rhys in general. But, you could also relate this song to Nesta and Cassian.
18. Talk Me Down by Troye Sivan: (can you tell I love Troye) This song is really innocent, and reminds me of how Elaine and Azriel would be if they ever started to be together, because it would be soft and gentle.
19. Marked Man by Mieka Pauley: Again, this song was suggested to me. This song represents how Nesta promised the King of Hyberyn she would kill him and have her revenge for what he did.
20. Saturn by Sleeping At Last: I love this song so much. The album is great as a whole, but this song really reminds me of Velaris and the inner circle.
21. Just A Game by Birdy: I know this song was made for the thg soundtrack, but, I find it reminds me a lot of how Feyre feels when she first comes to Paryhian. She’s lost and confused, plays Amarantha’s game, and then her feelings for Rhys change when he saves her under the mountain.
22. Bad Intentions by Nikyee Heaton: Okay, this could work for Amren, Mor, or Nesta. It reminds me most of Morrigan though….
23. Haunted by Poe: Another wonderful suggested song, meant to represent Elaine’s gift.
24. Love Is a Losing Game by Amy Winehouse: My all time favourite song. I totally think of Mor whenever I hear it.
25. Samurai (feat. Katy Tiz) by Vanic: I just love this song lol, but yeah this sort of reminds me of music that would play when Cassian and Azriel are training Feyre. Badass af.
26. Quit (feat. Ariana Grande) by Cashmere Cat: Reminds me of how Nesta pushes her feelings for Cas away, but she can’t let him go.
27. 99 by Elliot Moss: When I listen to this song I imagine what Rhys feels like when he gives the little goodbye speech before everyone splits up before the war begins.
28. My Baby by Julia Stone: Weirdly this song makes me think of Kallias and Viviane.
29. Bloom by The Paper Kites: This song reminds me a lot of Elaine. Maybe someday if she has growing feeling for Az. It’s just gentle, like she is.