one of the many things i’m excited to see in the bh6 series is more stuff about the nerd gang.
we know a little bit about Fred, but there’s still a lot to see! i wanna see him read his comic books and marathon his favorite movies. he likes tacos so why not see him in his mansion’s kitchen making tacos for him and the others. maybe him cosplaying as one of his favorite superheroes. him inviting his friends to one of his charity events.
let’s see Gogo listening to punk rock while she’s working on her bike. let’s see her in a bike race as the others cheer her on. when her and the others aren’t at school or fighting crime, let’s watch her kick-box or play ultimate frisbee.
Wasabi has a lot of great hobbies to be explored! he does tai-chi so let’s see that! I wanna see him do his gardening and knit (omg him knitting something for his friends!). i wanna see his model train collection and how well-kept he keeps it. it’d also be so cool if he ran a sushi bus like he did in the concept art.
and Honey Lemon is a baker! I wanna see her bake all sorts of treats for the others. she loves fashion and runs an online boutique! let’s see her fashion line and see her process! let’s see her take selfies and snap pictures of the others when they aren’t looking.
Over the next couple years, you continued to send updates to Bobby and Dean. You never mentioned Sam by name, almost afraid to.
you knew it, Colton was getting ready for school. He had two weeks, and
you were nervous. Finally, you broke down and sent Dean a pleading
I know we agreed it’s
safer that you don’t know where I am, but I need you. Colton starts
school in 2 weeks. It’s a special day. If he can’t spend it with his
father, I want him to spend it with his favorite superhero. If you can
get away, and see us for a couple days, please come. I’m including my
cell number. Call me to tell me, and then burn it.
was staring at the paper, in complete shock. He could see you for the
first time in years. Meet his nephew for the first time! He programmed
your number in his phone under ‘Delta’, and burned the paper with your
number on it. He shoved the noted into his pocket, and put the picture
in his wallet.
Sam was nowhere to be seen, so he hit dial, and held his breath. What if you changed your mind? What if you didn’t answer?
“Hello?” Your voice was like music to his ears.
He grinned. “It’s me, sweetheart.” He had tears in his eyes, threatening to fall.
“I’ve missed you, Dean.” You sighed. “Are you coming?” Your voice was quiet, like you didn’t want someone to hear.
“I’ll be there in a few days. I got time to make up for.” He assured you. “Does he know you asked me?”
You chuckled. “No.”
heard Sam come in and got up to walk around. “Good. It’ll be a nice
surprise.” He wiped his eyes, taking a deep breath. “Sure you’re good
with this? Putting up with my annoying habits for that long?”
are you sure you can deal with an excited five year old who thinks
you’re the greatest superhero? You’re up there with Iron Man and Thor.”
“Do I need to buy a cape?” He asked as Sam walked in, looking at him funny, so Dean went with it. “I know you’ll just love it.”
You chuckled. “It’s not me you
have to impress, Dean.” In the background he heard a ‘mom, mom! I’m
hungry!’. “Alright, I need to play chef. Call me when you’re almost
He couldn’t stop grinning. “I will. I can’t wait, sweetheart.”
They hung up and Sam was watching Dean. “Hot date?” He asked, taking a bite out of an apple.
shrugged. “Kinda. I’m heading out in a couple days. I’ll be gone for a
bit.” He told him. “What? It can’t be one really long date?” He smirked.
hey kids im gonna teach u how to be a weathered comic fan
- nobody likes reboots but if things get bad enough everyone calls for one
- people are annoying so youre only allowed to say your favorite superhero is batman if you know at least three arc titles. here’s some to help get you started: under the red hood, knightfall, death in the family
- call for an end to all comics at least once a month when something stupid happens
- the avengers and the xmen dont always get along. if you like the avengers, you dont know this. if you like xmen, it’s all you know.
- lightboxing is responsible for comic books that look like they were drawn by the wikihow guy. throw the term around. it’s fun.
- you hate crossover events, but by god you will never stop bringing them up and neither will your comic provider
- your favorite comic book will get cancelled. you live every day like it’s its last. comics that are particularly diverse will get axed first no matter how large the following
- everyone who claims “comics are getting too political NOWADAYS” has never read a comic worthwhile in their lives. cut them out of yours.
- when you hear a writer’s name you dont recognize just say “ah that guy. I hate that guy” no one will question it. we all hate that guy.
1.) what’s a song you depict with your childhood?
2.) did you have a memorable childhood pet?
3.) have you ever been drunk?
4.) have you ever tried drugs?
5.) have you ever completely regretted what you’ve said?
6.) have you ever made someone cry?
7.) has someone ever made you cry?
8.) have you ever been in love? if so, describe the moment you knew it.
9.) which came first the chicken or the egg?
10.) are you part of the lgbtq+ community? do you support them?
11.) how many siblings do you have?
12.) have you ever been in love with someone you couldn’t love?
13.) are you a good cook?
14.) what is your favorite tv show?
15.) what is the last movie you cried during?
16.) what are songs you’ve cried to when you first heard them? (if any)
17.) do you have a middle name?
18.) have you been out of your country?
19.) are you a chocolate fan or not?
20.) how many people have you kissed?
21.) what is your favorite album?
22.) what is your dream car?
23.) what is your lucky/favorite number?
24.) what is your favorite flower?
25.) books or movies, why?
26.) have you ever been on a blind date?
27.) has one of your friends ever backstabbed you?
28.) have you ever backstabbed one of your friends?
29.) what thing do you symbolize love with?
30.) do you have neat handwriting?
31.) do you have a friend with benefits?
32.) do you want a friend with benefits?
33.) if you could be anything in the world, what would you be?
34.) have you ever been blackout drunk?
35.) have you ever met someone famous?
36.) how many concerts have you been to?
37.) which concerts have you been to?
38.) do you have a hidden talent?
39.) what do you do when you’re stressed?
40.) do you think money can buy love?
41.) how old would you date?
42.) have you ever done something illegal?
43.) what is your biggest fear?
44.) what is an unusual fear you have?
45.) can you drive?
46.) do you believe in supernatural creatures?
47.) do you believe in karma?
48.) what is one quality you need in your partner?
49.) do looks matter?
50.) does size matter?
51.) who is the last person you forgave?
52.) what is your favorite ice cream flavor?
53.) what languages can you speak besides english?
54.) ever been on a plane?
55.) ever been on a boat?
56.) is there anyone you’ve lost touch with that you wish you hadn’t?
57.) are there any friendships you regret?
58.) are there any friendships you wish you could make?
59.) have you ever stayed awake for 24 (+) hours?
60.) have you ever walked outside after 12 am?
61.) have you ever seen a sunrise completely through?
62.) are you scared of rollercoasters?
63.) on a scale of 1-10 how stressed are you usually?
64.) do you have any plans this weekend?
65.) do you miss anyone right now?
66.) who do you wish you were talking to right now?
67.) if you could have any superpower, what would it be?
68.) who is your favorite superhero?
69.) are you dirty minded?
70.) what is your favorite song from every decade starting at that 80’s?
71.) how many kids, if any, do you want?
72.) who is your biggest OTP?
73.) what is your favorite food?
74.) do you want to be married one day?
75.) dogs or cats?
76.) do you drink enough water daily?
77.) have you ever seen a shooting star?
78.) if you had the opportunity to go to the moon, would you?
79.) how many best friends do you have?
80.) when was the last time you cried?
81.) have you ever laughed so hard you peed yourself?
82.) have you ever made anyone laugh so hard they peed?
83.) if you could travel any where in the world, where would you go?
84.) what are 3 words you would use to describe yourself?
85.) do you consider yourself a loyal person?
86.) what is your favorite season and why?
87.) have you ever told anyone you loved them, and didn’t mean it?
88.) do you know how to play any instruments?
89.) do like like falling asleep to music or not?
90.) what are you allergic to?
91.) have you ever wanted to be someone else for a day just so you could see what there life is like?
92.) if you could be any character from your favorite tv show would you, and if so, who would you be?
93.) if you could be best friends with any celebrity who would it be and why?
94.) are you outgoing?
95.) have you ever wanted to kiss someone, but weren’t brave enough to?
96.) are you a good flirt?
97.) have you ever been turned down, or have you ever turned anyone down?
98.) which planet is your favorite?
99.) are you superstitious?
100.) are you a good listener?
101.) are you a good kisser
102.) would you kiss any of your friends?
so alya told her to start flirting with adrien if she liked him so much, and the magazines give her step-by-step guides with 15 ~Chill~ Ways to Flirt With Your Crush Without Totally Embarrassing Yourself, so there’s no way this can go horribly wrong, right?
okay but marinette has to be realistic, when has anything ever gone right for her?
1. like their instagram and watch their snapchat: okay but marinette already does this, she follows all of adrien’s social media and collects his takes from photoshoots and knows his schedule, and honestly, there’s really nothing he does that she doesn’t know about it? the whole point of watching his snapchat and liking his instagram would be for him to notice her, but it’s not like she can tell him that she does this, because that would be creepy right? but for the most part she thinks she has this part down pat.
2. make eye contact: and this one is damn near impossible. every time she looks at adrien, and he looks back, her heart turns into a puddle and she wants to melt. but okay, the magazine said to make eye contact, so that’s maintain eye contact, right? don’t look away as soon as he catches her looking. okay, she tells herself. i can do this.
adrien and marinette spend the rest of the week in multiple staring contests. alya and nino are extremely confused, but the game catches on, and soon the whole class spends Madame Bustier’s lectures in staring contests with the rest of their classmates. there’s a running scoreboard, and chloe and alya are surprisingly good at the game, which isn’t that surprisingly at all considering how many glare-showdowns they’ve had throughout the year.
adrien just wants to beat marinette once, and how is it fair she’s so good at this??? marinette just wants to know why it’s not working; she hasn’t gone through dry eyes, blurry vision, and headaches for nothing. at this point, she’s read to pour Johnson’s No More Tears shampoo directly in her eyes to get them back to normal.
3. let your emojis do the talking: 🍆😛:eggplant: :yum:
alya sent it from marinette’s phone, and marinette is too busy dying to say anything about it. adrien still buys her eggplants for a month because he thinks they’re her favorite.
4. wave and say “hi” when they walk by: marinette had to quit when her over-aggressive wave nailed nino in the nose and broke it. alya called him “raccoon eyes” for weeks. it didn’t matter though, adrien didn’t even wave back (though it might have been because his best friend was bleeding on the school steps).
5. invite your crush to hang out as a group: seems easy enough, right? she invites alya, nino, and adrien over for a study group at her house, but alya and nino cancel at the last minute to give her “some alone time with adrien”. only it doesn’t work out that way because she’s forced to actually learn physics when adrien notices she had some troubles with it and tutors her for the rest of the night.
6. say something simple, then keep the conversation going: marinette had trouble talking to adrien in the first place, so it was a miracle if she even got something simple out. adrien saves her the trouble anyway when he complicates her cat sweater, but it doesn’t go the way she imagined because it devolves into a heated argument over whether chat noir or ladybug was better, and oh my god, how could she be arguing with her crush over how much she sucked?
7. remember what they tell you, and bring it up later: so adrien refuses to speak to her since she said ladybug sucked, and marinette is panicking internally 24/7. she makes him a hat to apologize because it’s summer and it’s blue, and when he asks her how she knew blue was his favorite color, she just smiles and tells him she read it in a magazine article.
adrien looks touched either way while marinette wishes she could sink through the floor because she’d gone nearly a whole year without adrien knowing she read magazine articles about him.
8. give them a sincere compliment:
adrien: “so what do we know about penguins already for this biology presentation?” marinette: “penguins are inefficient walkers…. they’re cute…. but not cuter than you.” adrien: “…thanks, marinette.”
adrien: “thanks, marinette. you’re so helpful.” marinette: “that’s me. i’m always helpful. i’ll always try to help you. you know, like… i’d totally hold a revolving door for you. i know that’s counterproductive, but you’re worth it.”
adrien: “god, they never get all the makeup off after a shoot.” marinette: “you know, i would really be okay with seeing you without makeup. that’s how much i like you.” adrien: “what?” marinette: “what?”
9. casually touch their arm when you’re talking: marinette casually strokes adrien’s arm during their next study session. adrien: “… why are you touching my arm?” marinette: “i’m checking the seam work.” adrien: “….that’s my skin though.” marinette: “shh, don’t disrupt a designer at work.”
10. offer them a fry: okay, but marinette doesn’t particularly like fries, so she figured she’d find another way to work this in. it happens one morning while she’s about to go to town on her croissant when she overhears adrien mentioning to nino that he’d forgot his breakfast, so she shoves the food in front of him and rushes away. alya can’t stop laughing at agreste’s startled expression when marinette shoved a croissant in his face without prompt. regardless, alya shares her own breakfast when marinette admits she didn’t have anything else to eat.
11. give them something thoughtful: marinette buys adrien a ladybug-spotted scarf because she knows he likes the superhero. he protests when she gives it to him, but she just shrugs and said she owed him one anyway after dissing his favorite superhero before.
the next day he gives her a matching chat noir one.
12. tease them: she can barely keep a straight face when she teases adrien in front of nino and alya about always smelling like camembert. she even buys him three cheese wheels one day, but he only flushes darkly as he shoves them in his bag. she wants to apologize in case she hurt his feelings, but later that day, she notices that the cheese is gone.
man, he must really like his cheese, she thinks in awe, and spends the rest of the day trying to figure out why adrien kept glaring at his bag during class.
13. steal their hat and put it on your head: adrien doesn’t wear hats, so she stole nino’s instead. adrien spent the rest of the day trying to set her up with his best friend.
14. ruffle their hair: marinette ruffles adrien’s hair when she walks into the classroom one morning. some strands end up tangled in her bracelet, and the two spend the remainder of class in the nurse’s office as she tries to cut them loose.
15. sit in their lap: marinette is a little hesitant to try this one, but alya ends up taking matters into her own hands and pushes marinette into adrien’s lap one day while the three of them and nino were visiting a cafe for lunch. marinette is flustered and apologizes profusely, and she finally finds the courage to look into his eyes. but instead of angry!agreste, she seems wide, shocked green eyes as adrien begins to laugh uncontrollably. marinette starts to giggle and shakes her head and it’s not until she looks at him again that she realizes… this whole situation seems really familiar…
“…chat noir?” she asks suddenly.
“what?” adrien asks.
“what?” alya asks.
“what?” nino asks.
“oh my god,” marinette says and dies.
Needless to say, flirting was not her forte. But hey, she still got the man in the end, right? …. alright, it’s a work and progress, but still.
I feel like it’s not acknowledged or appreciated nearly enough that Hellboy is a book about a demon summoned to Earth by a mad Russian scientist using Nazi super tech in order to win World War 2 and bring about the apocalypse and instead of being a grimdark edgefest, Hellboy is just a big kid who really likes pancakes and his favorite superhero is an idiot named Lobster Johnson and one of his best friends was a homonculus who couldn’t wear pants.