So Sherlock deduced that Faith is suicidal because she’s walking around with a cane, no coat on, a gun, and no plan to get home. Which we are then, on camera, explicitly told parallels ASIP John Watson.
So he comes up with a reason to have Faith by his side so he can help her through her danger night.
Which is not at all dissimilar to having John tag along to angelo’s, go on a chase, and spark a joy for life again.
Sherlock knew. When he summoned John across London on that fateful first night “just to send a text”, it wasn’t because he was being a prat, he was trying to save John’s life.
Why: My two favorite characters are reuniting, an utter dream come true. Of course we’d all been hoping for a Stark reunion for years (literally), but I honestly did not see this one coming. I remember when what’s his name said ‘Go North, Jon is lord commander of the Night’s Watch, he’ll help you’ when Jon was still lying on a table, dead and all, and I wanted to scream. Then Jon was all ‘go south, get warm’ and I wanted to scream again because, honestly, Sansa was going to miss him obviously.
Then, the horn blows, gates open, and Sansa rides in, not so impressed with what she sees and I nearly passed out.
the acting when Jon sees her is amazing, Go Kit. The acting when Sansa turns around and sees Jon is on point too, yaay Sophie. They just stare and he walks towards her and honestly, i expected either or both of them to drop dead before Jon would reach her because OMG TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Now, I might be biased, but the Starks truly have the best music of the show and I loved them playing Winterfell in the background, it was so so so epic. As epic as epic gets. The chemistry was on point from the very first glance (ugh the way he removes his hands from the railing when he realizes it’s his long lost half-sister *dead*). I honestly would not change a thing.
I love how they say nothing, just hug and hold on to each other, how they somehow still seem to relax in each other’s arms. Howshe literally jumps in his arms, how he catches her and all… How loving it was. They were never close but hell they went through so much, can you imagine what it did to them, to finally hold family again? I can’t, but when I try I feel like crying.
He lifts her up and she rubs his ear, or whatever you call that, and in the background Brienne looks down because she realizes they deserve privacy while Tormund is all ‘who’s that’ but says nothing cause clearly THIS IS A MOMENT.
It’s such a pure scene, so loving, so heartwarming, hands down my favorite scene in all the six seasons. I didn’t expect it, it took my breath away, stopped my heartbeat, brought tears to my eyes (and cheeks) and I remember feeling fuzzy for the rest of the day after watching it.
Last but not least, it inspired Freia, my seventy chapters long, went-extremely-out-of-hand fanfic that I consider my baby child. I spend the past year putting my heart and soul in that one, and it never would’ve existed without the reunion scene. It inspired chapter 40, Home, and I’m more proud of that chapter than I am of anything else I’ve ever written.
Okay. How about this? List all of these and why. Favorite WA kiss? Favorite WA angst? Favorite WA love declaration? Favorite funny WA scene? Favorite Barry moment? Favorite Iris moment? Favorite WA moment in general?
1) Favorite WA kiss: Other than the hot make-out in episode 4, I would have to say my favorite kiss between them happens in episode 9 of season 3, because Barry just gifted Iris with their amazing loft and he was so excited to show her. After that, Barry tells her that moving in together isn’t a big step for him (because really, it’s not – Barry has waxed poetic to Iris multiple times, and done things like get her a replica of her mother’s ring). He was ready to move forward with her, to take the next step in their future together. The moment was just so sweet, also because he basically proposed to her when he told her that she was the last thing he wanted to see when he went to bed, and the first thing he wanted to see when he woke up (before Iris cut him off with a kiss lol). I know they had two kisses in the scene, but I’m mainly talking about after Iris said she loved him (and SHE USED FULL NAME WHICH KILLED ME) and Barry told her he loved her too. That moment was so sweet and genuine, and that scene alone showcases how much they love each other. Both kisses had me shook, though!
2) Favorite WA angst: Hands down, and I think my favorite scene of all time in season one, was the scene from Grodd Lives 1x21, where Joe was kidnapped by Grodd and Iris questioned why the team couldn’t figure out how to save him. The angst aspect was when she walked out, and Barry followed her. I loved their argument in that scene in the hallway, mainly because Iris got to express how she felt about Barry lying, which we all needed to hear since she were kept in the dark for pretty much the whole season. It’s also my favorite because Iris was tearing up, because she was truly hurt that her dad and mainly Barry would lie to her, because “you were supposed to be my best friend, Barry!” That line.. shook! “I am your best friend!” I literally know the entire dialogue in that scene, lol. It was just heart breaking because Iris was truly hurt, because she gave Barry that much capacity to hurt her, because she loved him. Also, I will never not laugh (and roll my eyes) at Barry equating keeping the secret from Iris to her hidden feelings for him. Not only that, but the acting from both of the actors, specifically from Candice was A1. Definitely my favorite scene from season 1.
3) Favorite WA love declaration: This is so hard to choose! I feel like moments that can’t be considered love declarations, are in my opinion. I’ll keep this one short, but I guess I will go with Barry’s first confession in 1x09. I think it was so sweet and raw from Barry, and it’s been the most open he’s been to everyone. He wore his heart on his sleeve, and he felt like how owed it to Iris to tel her then – although it was ill-timing. The part that made me choose this declaration was because of Barry’s “I loved you before I even knew what the word love meant.” That line did it for me because Barry defines love int he way he loves Iris. When you’re young, you don’t really know what love is. You know it’s characterized my some feeling, but Barry as a child knew whatever he felt for her, must be love. He essentially said, “that, that right there, whatever I feel for her, it has to be love.” And that makes me cry. Of course Iris’s silent tears added tot he scene, because you could tell she were mad and sad, because it’s like “Why now?” in her mind, everything has completely changed for them. She’s always seen Barry as her best friend, and probably couldn’t differentiate her romantic feelings for him vs her platonic ones, so she buried them – and characterized them as one. Now, that Barry told her he loved her this entire time, you have to imagine in her head she’s thinking about and questioning every single moment they have shared, because for her it’s always been one thing. Now that Barry told her this, she knows that in every moment they have shared, he’s been in love with her. I lied, that wasn’t short at all lol!
4) Favorite Funny Scene: Have WA had many funny scenes? Lol. I don’t know if this scene be classified as funny, but the first scene that popped into my head was in episode 3x09, when Barry just showed Iris their soon-to-be lovely home together, and Iris said “I got you a wallet.” LOL. That line made me alight and cry, because Iris was so genuine and sweet and she’s in shock that he gave her that, while she gave him a wallet. And Barry’s “I’m sure I love it” made me CRY (but also laugh while crying) because HE WAS DEAD ASS SERIOUS. Barry is going to cherish that wallet for everything it’s worth, simply because Iris got it for him lol. I’m sure he tells everyone t work that Iris gave him that wallet, just to show it off. This scene also solidified that Barry is the better gift giver :)
5) Favorite Barry moment: If this is speaking about them individually, this is tough, because there are so many Barry scenes to choose from, lol. I don’t know if this classifies as “favorite Barry moment” because it’s his tears and his conversation with Nora in Welcome to Earth 2 on the phone that made me cry. It was the first time Barry heard Nora’s voice since he were a child. Technically it’s not his mother, but Earth 2 Barry’s but it was still all the same for Barry. The moment he heard her voice on the phone, and had to play off as E2 Barry and started to cry (which makes it even more sad? Because E2 Barry still has his mother). It was just a heart breaking scene, and well-acted one all around. Kudos to Grant.
6) Favorite Iris Moment: This is difficult as well, but not as difficult because Iris has had so many wonderful scenes that made me cheer for her. I loved the scene where she’s talking to Joe in Grodd Lives in CCPN, because she was again, expressing her POV which was lacked in season 1 due to her being in the dark about Barry’s secret. My favorite moment so far though, is in 3x11 where she has the conversation with Wally in CCPD. She had so much agency in that episode, but in that scene alone because she wanted to mattered. She got to express her fear of dying, but also getting to do something about it because she got to be. She knew about her potential fate, so she took matters into her own hands and didn’t let her consume her (at that moment). She wanted to be more than just a daughter, or sister, or a girl friend. The dialogue in that scene was A1, and really shows what kind of person Iris is. She loves being all of those things, but it doesn’t always define her. Her compassion, her need for justice and truth is what’s also important, her job as a reporter! I cried and cheered for her so much in that scene and the entire episode (like I always do).
7) All of my favorite WA moments are here, although they aren’t that updated. I want to add the scene from 3x10, where Barry tells Iris about her potential fate int he time vault. 1) the acting was so good? Grant and Candice play really well off of each other, but I felt like this particular scene had a much bigger impact because of the context and the emotions. 2) Poor Iris! Her whole life has been turned upside down, and she was so selfless to the point where her first thought was to tell Barry to stop letting criminals go to save her, and to protect Joe after. I loved Barry’s anger in that scene as well because he felt like Iris gave up a bit when she asked when it would happen. For him, it’s like Savitar already won. The entire scene just had me in shambles.
Hands down one of my favorite scenes of the show is still that time in Season One when Deaton protected Scott in the vet clinic and refused to let Peter take him. It’s just…gah. Also, its no coincidence that its the first time on the show Scott was protected and kept safe by another character….and sadly something that’s never really been repeated.
And then add that to the scene in 3A when Scott’s desperate to rescue Deaton before the Darach can sacrifice him….to protect his mentor and friend as Deaton once protected him…..and then again, that hug in Season Five when Deaton’s rescued, and Scott’s relief at seeing him….
LOOK I JUST LOVE THOSE TWO SO FUCKING MUCH OKAY GAWD.
Hmmmm Ricky Roman!! Isnt he just yummy?!?! ugh! My personal favorite scene is hands down JAKE BASS & RICKY ROMAN FLIP-FUCK! I dont have to say to much about this scene…the scene does all the talking!! :D