• it would feel like everything fell into place when you met him
• no matter if you had been friends before or not, it would still be as if you’d met him in another life
• his mind will tell him to take it slow with you, but his heart would be too scared and nervous that someone else might steal your heart
• but that’d be impossible….you’re hooked the moment he laid eyes on you anyway
• one night of drinks and movie marathon-ing turned into love confessions and desperate kisses
• he never knew how much he needed and wanted someone before you
• the sound of him groaning against your lips was all you needed to let down that wall around your heart
• he’d be telling you over and over that he’d never do anything to break it, and you should trust him bc he’s never been more serious about anything before
• you’d get to see a side of him that many people don’t
• like he’s actually hilarious ??
• and fun-loving???
• and so so so passionate about music ????
• ofc you already knew that, but being with him all the time and getting to know him better day by day makes you realize how truly precious he is
• having the honor of seeing him first thing in the morning
• the first thing you hear being a soft yet deep “ahh stop smiling at me, it’s too bright *giggle* good morning, baby”
• yongguk will go out of his way to see you smile and make you proud
• he wants you to see him as a creative individual and will try his best to have you enjoy his music
• bc nothing looks or sounds better than seeing you nodding your head along to his songs and swaying with him and singing loudly when your favorite part comes on
• was never a hard core cuddler before he met you
• but he can never stay away from your side for too long and his strong arms are always open ohmygod how lucky are you
• will legit jump on your lap and give you that gummy smile just to have the chance to watch a movie and cuddle in silence
• but that’s just an excuse bc all he wants to do is hold you
• bonus for scary movies, he totally melts when you cling onto him the whole time
• what are even clothes tbh
• yongguk refuses to put on any shirt if it’s just you around but hey I wouldn’t complain
• he’s laughing mad hard whenever you try to push him away when he hugs you and he’s shirtless
• times are hard when he’s away and you aren’t able to contact each other often
• though he’d let you know you’re on his mind 24/7
• when he’s finally back in your arms, he can’t help but get a little emotional and hug you tightly
• just bc he missed those small touches and your closeness
• like him burying his face in your neck and tickling you with his hair
• and whispering sweet nothings into your ear while he’s drifting off to sleep next to you
• him always turning to you when he’s having a hard time
• and nods along while smiling shyly as you give him advice and shower him with kisses after
• he’d honestly love you like his life depended on it, so please take care of him 🌼
I feel like The Legend of Korra would make for a way better movie franchise adaptation than Avatar, if done right (and if Nickelodeon doesn’t meddle). For one, if they made an Avatar movie, there might be some confusion about the target audience. Everyone who originally watched Avatar are young adults and older now, but there’s the chance that whoever makes the movie wouldn’t catch on to that and would try to make it more for young children (simplifying the plot) than for the people who would appreciate it most. Also, part of the reason Avatar’s so lovable is the characters that you get to know over the course of the series, and you watch them grow and develop. There’s not much time for those things in a feature-length film, so the characters could likely become watered-down caricatures of themselves.
Over the course of at least four LoK films, a much better story could be delivered. Each movie could be its own individual but connected story (a la Harry Potter). The setting’s much cooler and more marketable. The teen characters could be played by (racially accurate) adult actors, hopefully warranting better performances than with child actors. There’s a fucking love triangle- maybe it’s a bit cliche, but again, marketable. I can totally imagine there being fangirls over live-action Mako. The show has political themes, which is a hot button for fiction, especially nowadays. And if Nickelodeon stayed the fuck out of things, the movies could be PG-13, allowing the story to be adapted as well as possible. And- my favorite part- Korrasami would get a new opportunity to be openly developed onscreen.
And after an amazing and successful Korra movie franchise hypothetically comes out, and the Avatar universe is already well-established, then they could start on the Avatar “prequels.” And for those, maybe they could age up the characters in order to better appeal to teenagers and adults, to get better performances, and to make the romances more compelling.
So, yeah! Here’s my unlikely dream. Imagine it :’) So close, yet so far…
Ok I was looking through the tags and I’m gonna do some posts for the diff Check Please RPF ships (and shipping wars). But I wanted to do it in semi-chronological order which means first we gotta discuss the Kent/Troy aka Kent/Swoops discourse. And if any one has topic requests/questions feel free to send them to my inbox.
*clears throat, we’re now in the land of my UBER SUCESSFUL in-universe rpf blog. My character will be one of a Pimms shipper who’s been jaded by the discourse surrounding Jack’s OD.*
The year is 2009 (and goes as far as 2011). This blog is mostly inhabited by Aces content at this point.
can you please do a scenario of what it would be like dating mark lee?💕☺️
what it’s like dating mark lee
* so i feel like with mark he is absolutely the biggest sweetheart and goofball boyfriend let me just tell you
* he’s the kind of bf that would pick you up from school every day on his cool as heck skateboard because yes
* mark lee is THE sk8r boi
* like here he comes with his backwards cap and his sleek monochrome skateboard
* also would be the kind to teach you to skateboard like he would be walking alongside you holding your hands as he helped you along the way
* he’d be very encouraging and be the kind to assure you that you weren’t going to fall on his watch and maybe even when you got the hang of it he’d teach you some sweet tricks
* would consistently take you out to a cafe or an ice cream parlor for a sweet treat after school because he knows how hard you work and he thinks you deserve a little break now and then
* also you two share like EVERYTHING
* whether it be food, clothes, or even all the little facts about yourself that you haven’t told anyone you feel the most comfortable telling mark
* like you two just have this connections where you both can tell when the other is feeling down or needs cheering up and in the relationship mark always finds the time and stresses the importance of just talking to him
* communication is what mark values most so he will never ever let you go to bed upset and will always be there to hold you if you had a bad day because he finds comfort in knowing you trust him and that you’re okay
* also very keen on sharing clothes
* like he absolutely LOVES giving you his sweaters and sweatshirts and tbh you love it just as much because it’s like you always have a little part of mark with you no matter what
* also back to the whole playful side
* he does his best to pick out interesting and fun dates although he does enjoy a good relax movie night every once in a while
* like whenever the fair comes in town that is mark’s favorite place to take you
* he also enjoys just traveling and exploring the city with you and he is very keen on taking photos to commemorate all the memories you two spend together
* so that’s why you have a lot of photos around your house that mark has taken of you and him and the scenery and it just makes your heart swell up with an insane amount of love
* mark truly would be your first and last and would give you admiration and support every step of the way
If you’re like me and need some LGBT-positive media to cope with the events in Orlando today, here’s some recommendations:
***This list is ALL things that have prominent LGBT characters that have happy endings. Not including things that are LGBT-positive but include deaths of LGBT characters or otherwise sad endings for the LGBT characters. Feel free to add on***
Movies (most of these are on Netflix):
-GBF: This is literally my go-to feel good movie. It’s all about how gross it is to fetishize gay men and is just so all-around fantastic
-But I’m a Cheerleader: a classic. Potential trigger warnings for conversion therapy, but I can reassure you that the message is against conversion therapy as a practice and the point of the movie is to condemn conversion therapy (also the two girls escape the camp and fall in love in the end so that’s good)
- Pride: Based on a historical event and an amazing feel-good film overall!
-The Birdcage: Starring Nathan Lane and Robin Williams. One of my favorites!
-Shortbus: An amazing (and incredibly NSFW due to nudity) movie about sexual exploration. Every queer character lives and has a happy ending
-Imagine Me and You: All the adorable cheesy lesbian content you need, tbh. Also a classic
-Hedwig and the Angry Inch: Some sad parts but ultimately very happy in the end
-Broad City: Ilana, one of the two main characters of the show is openly queer. One of my favorite shows!
-Rupaul’s Drag Race: A reality show, but one of my favorites. Somewhat problematic due to the use of the t-slur a couple of times, but ultimately it isn’t used much and is a good show.
-Orange is the New Black: Incredibly diverse, includes many queer women of color and none of them die (trigger warnings for transphobia scattered about, but the narrative ultimately supports the trans female character despite her struggles shown)
-Sense8: Includes a queer trans woman (played by a trans woman!) and a great couple of two men of color!
-Shadowhunters: one of the main characters, Alec, falls in love with a bisexual warlock named Magnus and they get together by the end of the season!
-The Legend of Korra: nothing too explicitly queer since it’s a children’s show, but by the end two girls end up together, and the creators of the show have been as explicit as possible about them being in love
-Steven Universe: Amazing! Incredibly open about their main lesbian couple and just a great feel good show in general
-Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidtt: An incredibly vibrant and cute show! One of the main characters is a gay black man named Titus and he’s respected within the narrative
-The Real O’Neals: a cute new comedy about an irish catholic kid who comes out to his family (and his family learns to support him)
Books (author’s names in parentheses):
-Carry On (Rainbow Rowell): A perfect fantasy novel with a queer main character who falls in love with his roommate and gets his happy ending. One of my favorite books of all time
-The Mortal Instruments Series (Cassandra Clare): Has some problematic elements (including the author herself) but the representation, especially of the bisexual character, is ultimately well written.
-Drag Teen (Jeffery Self): cute, cute CUTE. I cannot use the word cute enough.
-Boy Meets Boy (David Levithan): Honestly I cannot recommend David Levithan’s work in general enough. Amazing writer and all of his work is lgbt-centric!
-Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Benjamin Alire Sáenz): I debated adding this because it includes the gay-bashing of a queer character (trigger warning for that, by the way), but I ultimately decided to add it because it’s incredibly positive towards the LGBT characters overall, there’s a happy ending where the boys fall in love, and the book is almost entirely populated by people of color. Proceed with caution but do so knowing it’s mostly a happy book and is very positive overall
-Simon vs the Homosapien Agenda (Becky Albertalli): another book where I cannot use the word “cute” enough. wonderful wonderful book!
Sending all of my love to you guys during this time
Okay, so im on my laptop, saving things onto a disc so i can save all my fuckin stuff if my computer is fuckin dying– But i finished this earlier before i went to bed for a long ass time. and you guys can fuckin thank @curvy-roses for helping me– legit she surprised me with the sketch and i wanted to cry– I told you guys id get the grease AU goin– and im doin it! just with some help!
But i figured id post the first part of these screen-draws basically which is “Summer nights” which i love this song– i love the whole damn movie Tbh– (Fuckin Grease and Ghostbusters is my fucking favorite movies– thats a thing you now know)
But i figured id post this as soon as i possibly could and hope that way if all the things on the disc dont make it– then its posted–…yeah…there you go.
my name is isaac and i live in the wonderful city of hong kong! my pronouns are he/him!
watching movies (historical movies tbh)
reading (again, history, sometimes music theory)
milk tea (just because)
just generally Lin-Manuel Miranda he’s a blessing
space (i love physics)
plants (though i can never keep them alive)
did i mention cats?
i am: ftm trans//pansexual!
i will love you if you teach me japanese (or any other language)
i write: ANYTHING. i love writing
music: literally anything but im a slut for musicals and alternative/indie music
i’m part of the:
i honestly do not have a specific type of person that i’m looking for. just someone who is willing to talk to me on a daily basis and make me feel special whether that’s a friend or more. i guess im kinda artsy? but not good at art. i prefer music and a bit of good ol’ theater.
id really like a snail mail buddy?? oh my god ive literally never sent a letter.
kik: gummibearseatdogs insta: linmanuhell snapchat: cosmic-boyy
email: spacemcbud @ gmail.com
y'all im really slow at replying on tumblr pls bear that in mind
I showed my little sister the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and she loved it, which makes me really happy ‘cause that was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid and was just a big part of my childhood so it’s just really awesome to be able to share that with her
This is a book I literally tell everyone to read. It’s my favorite book. That said, it takes work to get through this book. It’s structured very uniquely - stories within stories, narrators in the footnotes, pages that are backwards. But I promise it’s worth your while.
(**this book is very dark, be forewarned**) It is deeply disturbing but unendingly compelling, definitely a favorite of mine. (If you want to read it, but are worried about the content, send me another message: I can try to go over some of the themes and outline any possible triggers there might be in this book for you.)
Much different than the movie that was made about it, this book is incredibly insightful- it deals with toxic masculinity and the dwindling sense of self. Great book. (Palahniuk is one of my favorite authors, tbh)
This one is part of a trilogy, but unfortunately, I’ve only read this one, so I can’t speak to the others in the trilogy. But it stands on its own just fine. Nigh-eldritch horror based on the confrontation of the unknown that lies at the bottom of the ocean. But there’s more to fear than just the creatures and terror can evolve from the very people you’re stuck with.
Seriously, this series is just… a classic. You aren’t complete without having read these books. Hilarious, unique, and just so very Douglas Adams. Just read this entire series, you won’t regret it. The books aren’t super long and read pretty quickly too, so the whole series never takes long to get through.
So don’t judge this book based on the movie. The movie was nothing like the book, and did the book a huge disservice, IMO. This book is one of the most intelligently crafted books about zombies and the zombie apocalypse you’ll ever read - I dare say it’s one of the best zombie novels ever.
Ridiculously unique and interesting book about a man who’s losing his memories, and afraid of a metaphorical shark that’s swallowing his consciousness whole. This book deals with dissociation, the sense (and loss) of the self, and the struggle to maintain who we are.
(**warning, very dark**) - this one actually started as a series of short stories on Reddit, I think, but the author eventually developed it into an actual novel. It’s very unsettling, very dark, but very compelling. (just like with the wasp factor, if you have questions/concerns about the plot for trigger warnings, send me another message and I’ll outline them as best I can for you).
Mkay, that’s a good list of some of my faves for now! It’s late though and I have to be up early, so I’m gunna hop off for tonight. Tomorrow I’ll try to add a few more and give this a little organization - so be looking at the notes tomorrow to see if I reblog this post again.
Let me know if you have any questions/concerns about content for the books above (namely the Wasp Factory and Penpal).
send daily selfies and tbh it’s Connor’s favorite part of the day
gave Mitchell a signed Beyonce CD and Mitchell still holds it and cries.
sends Connor care packages once a month (Typical contents? Hot sauce, Reeses
Peeses, a handwritten note, a line of firecrackers, and an assortment of things
bought from the dollar section of Target)
can’t go on dates to the movies bc they always end up talking or making out (or
both) and completely missing the movie.
how disgusting Mitchell thinks he looks, Connor loves their gym dates.
brags about his track star boyfriend constantly.
friends know more about the South Key New York City High School Track team then
certain actual track members.
also thanks the gods daily for the existence of Connor’s track shorts.
distance is hard. It really is.
they just don’t have time for Skyping or texting or phone calls and they go a
few days without talking and it’s hard, having a life separate from the other.
visited Mitchell and Sebastian from Beverly Hills one weekend and wasn’t even
mean when Mitchell started crying about how much he missed Connor. It was
startling for everyone there tbh.
once called Connor crying that he missed him and tbh I don’t even know why he
was surprised to have a Son of Hermes show up on his doorstep at four in the
likes to send Connor flowers bc Connor
gets so, so flustered it’s amazing.
name in Mitchell’s phone is just a series of heart emojis.
disgusted by the amount of moon-eyes and sugar in their relationship.