let’s take a moment to appreciate alex’s recap of their relationship up until that point
“we got close, then you called me out for liking you and i had the guts to admit yes, it’s true, and you told me that my feelings were real and that i deserved to be happy, and so i thought you meant i deserved to be happy with you”
Here it is: I LOVED that episode. It’s one of my fav so far. If there’s anyone to be mad at, it’s the marketing team, not the writers or producers.
I don’t think they disrespected Malec by not showing the sex scene. The Jace/Seelie scene was totally in character for Jace and although it could have been shorter, it shows how he copes with pain and everything he is dealing this.
What would showing the Malec scene have added? Softness? We’ve had that. We’ve seen them growing closer. We had the gift scene. The kiss on the balcony. The Magnus/Maia scene (which is everything I needed in life) and the Alec/Izzy scene (which is also everything I needed in life). I don’t need to see more than that.
Also, if you really think about it, all the “sex” scenes (if you can call it that ‘cause, come on, this is not HBO) were random hookups (Meliorn/Izzy, Simon/Maureen, Jace/Seelie lady) that can’t even compete with the development and care we had for Malec. The sex was just that: random, casual. And the fact that they showed how Malec grew to the point of taking that next step was enough for me. I don't need to see more than that, than them actually getting there together and not casually or randomly like sex has been in the rest of the show so far.
And I loved that last Malec scene. Magnus was worried about losing Alec if they were going too fast. Alec reassured him he wouldn’t. That WAS communication and yes, it could have been longer, but it was clearly consensual to me (“not that I’m complaining”).
The only one I blame for this whole fiasco is the marking team who gives away way too much and gives us high expectations and doesn’t leave any room for surprise.
Every Supercorp fanfic ever (a pick and choose list)
1. Kara gets drunk and texts Lena
2. Kara or Lena shows up at the others apartment unannounced (if it’s Lena at Kara’s apartment Alex is there)
3. Lena falls in love with Supergirl and Kara gets upset
4. Kara is forced to reveal herself as Supergirl
5. Lena already knows that Kara is Supergirl
6. Kara and Lena make dumb work related excuses to see each other
7. One of them kisses the other and the other is too shocked to respond so they take it as a bad sign and things get awkward
8. Lena flusters Kara with her direct flirting
9. Kara nervously rambles and ends up confessing her love to Lena
10. They have a chill movie night while wearing pajamas and eating potstickers
Bonus: they get a puppy even though Kara basically already is one