Before accusing Warner Bros of wanting Wonder Woman to fail, please consider the following...
1) The people in your social media circle haven’t been talking about this film and that’s why you don’t know much about it
2) The internet is freaking enormous and it’s really easy for news about a film to get lost among that.
3) You simply don’t live in a place where the more overt advertising campaigns are taking place
4) It’s still a month before the release and They have quite a few other big films to contend with, unlike August or March of last year.
5) You just haven’t been very active in following news about this film. The fact that I’ve seen a lot of people say They didn’t know when it was being released when They put that on the fucking poster raises a number of questions.
6) Why the fuck would a major company want to lose hundreds of millions of dollars?
7) Look at any other recent major release or one to come in the near future and compare the promotional campaigns and you’ll see that Wonder Woman’s hasn’t been that unusual. I haven’t seen very much for Pirates of the Caribbean or The Mummy and didn’t see a whole lot for the last Fast and The Furious or a few other films. It doesn’t mean it hasn’t been there.
8) The people running a major marketing campaign probably know more about the process than some random person on the internet.
9) Marketing campaigns are incredibly expensive and They’re not just going to throw shit everywhere and see what sticks.
10) The campaigns for BvS and Suicide Squad were different because those were very different kinds of films that lent Themselves to different kind of marketing campaigns.
11) Seriously why would a fucking company want a product to fail? I feel like no one has considered just how stupid They sound when They say shit like that.