bisummers asked: I think i missed the au party but buffy+ willow + an event involving formalwear
- in her late twenties, buffy goes back to college to finish her degree. she is allowed 2 guests at her convocation, and invites willow (who is currently her girlfriend) and dawn.
- dawn decides to wear the dress she wore to her own convocation (which was just a couple years ago), but buffy and willow shop for new ones. it’s kind of a big deal for buffy, so they go all out. willow ends up with something kinda witchy, but classy. buffy, still a prom queen at heart after all these years, buys something long and shimmery.
- willow finds her dress pretty quickly. it’s sort of a hey-look-that’s-the-one-i-hope-it-fits kinda deal.
- buffy, however, tries on about half the dresses in the mall. in each fitting room, with each dress she likes, she twirls in front of the mirror so that she can feel how swishy the material is. willow indulges her because buffy looks So Beautiful. (“okay. maybe not this one.” “i dunno, buffy. spin around one more time?”)
- the morning of, once they’re all dressed up, willow conjures some flowers and places them carefully in buffy’s hair.
- after the ceremony, buffy and willow and dawn go out for a Fancy Lunch at an expensive restaurant nearby, because they’re all dressed up, so they may as well, right?
- it’s one of the best days of buffy’s life. (she tells willow this in the evening at their apartment when they’ve switched back to pyjama mode.)