idk if many people know but will connolly was in the original broadway (and off broadway) cast of once and i have some of my favorite things he does in the musical (hmu if you want the bootleg!!)(also paul whitty is in it, who plays mr. heere in be more chill)
• him sitting cross legged on the floor
• he’s got his hair kinda long!!!!! aa!!!!
• name any instrument and he probably plays it in the musical (even the box drum)
• has his own little song as an ensemble member
• his higher voice compared to a deeper mans voice aaaaaa
• his fake accent !!!!!!!!!
• wears a bow tie??
• rants about soap operas
• singing in another language
• tall boy dances on a table like an idiot
• BIG SLIDE OVER TABLE WOW!!!!
• he run!! so fast!! all around!!
• he’s such a good ensemble member
• he rocks out so hard in the background of every scene
• he helps everyone off the bar
• a heckling ensemble member
• lots of foot stomping
• he hop!!!!!(during gold. if you’ve seen the show u know what i’m talking about)
• he wears a stupid suit at the start of act 2
• him yellin about susan
• sad boy lays on floor
• no seriously he lays on the floor for such a long time
• is he dead??
• sad boy gets a hug
• he’s so sad oh man
• he stabs
• his voice when he sings so softly and ahh he kills me
• surprise piano!!!!!
if you haven’t seen Once you won’t understand any of this so watch it asap. the musical (and movie) are incredible.
The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life, and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds. The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in you too. The people that love you, simply for being you. The once in a lifetime kind of people.
So this post is going to be about my experience at OUATCHI with the holy goddess that is Lana Parrilla.
I was super nervous about this convention because it was my first big one. I have been to Wizard World twice for one day each and met Bex and Victoria, but this was bigger and better.
After seeing her be the wonderful human she is at the Gold Panel, I immediately booked it downstairs to do my individual and YALL OMFG SHE GIVES THE BEST HUGS. I was shaking and her voice was so soft and she smiled the entire time. I immediately started sobbing as I walked away (thank god not in front of her) and went to collect myself.
I knew from the very beginning of planning this trip I wanted to do a special photo op with Bex and Lana, but unfortunately schedules changed and we traded in for a Colin and Lana duo. Which turned out perfectly because my friend loves Colin and I love Lana, so we basically did a individual.
I was so scared they would yell at me for asking her to hold up my sign. Nauseous really. It was finally our turn and my friend went to Colin and I went to Lana. I got another wonderful hug and slowly said:
“Will you help me come out?” And she looks down at the sign, THROWS HER HEAD BACK LAUGHING SAYING LESBIHONEST THAT’S AWESOME AND TOOK THE SIGN OUT OF MY HAND TO HOLD IT.
The next second was a blur, but the photo was over and as I took back my sign, she not only held onto my hand, she slid it down to my wrist as I walked away and said thank you.
When I saw her later at the autograph session, I was too nervous to speak so my friend was like she came out today thanks to you. And she looked up gasping and was like
“No way! Is that how you really did it?” and I looked at Julie who is grinning like a goofball and laughed and was like “YEAH!” LANA GAVE ME A HIGH FIVE AND SAID “THAT’S SO AMAZING! I’M PROUD! GOOD JOB.”
There was no hesitation with her answer. None whatsoever. Julie was even kind enough to message me some sweet words later on in the evening and I just couldn’t help but cry more.
And I know there are going to be so many people that say that’s lame or are going to judge, but for me, it made my entire life. I cried again walking out of the room feeling like I could breathe again bc I just met my idol and didn’t pass out, but for the first time I felt completely free. Free to be myself.