SEVENTEEN DIAMOND EDGE CHICAGO - HIGHLIGHTS (FEEL FREE TO ADD ON!)
i’m very proud to be apart of such a great fandom and to stan such an amazing group. this was an unforgettable night. (i’ll post some of my videos here tomorrow!)
1. gyuhao rising in the first 5 mins with mingyu smacking minghao’s butt. iconic.
2. the fan chant that we barely used. cLAP CLAP. thx for teachin us + giving us a cute version, josh.
3. chan speaking english and messing up his own fan chant. he was adorable.
4. mingyu doing a “sexy dance” (if i choreo) and wonhao rising with wonwoo whispering into minghao’s ear before they hi fived. they were totally making fun of him.
5. jeonghan accidentally coming on stage early by himself. (this is a personal fav moment.)
6. “i think this is daebak!” — boo seungkwan
7. “it is important we are in chicago… because i am from jeju island.”
8. jisol speaking english the entire time. 👏
9. jeongcheol rise at some point just clinging while the other members talked.
10. joshua helping seungkwan and mingyu with english while vernon helped dino.
11. JUNHAO SLAYING MY I. 😩😩👏👏👏👏
12. !!! unbleached beautifully tan mingyu and dk.
13. everyone being respectful and kind about hoshi not being there due to his enteritis. as far as i know, no fans were pulled out for outrageous behavior except for (?) 4 kfans.
14. coups giving a sweet leader speech. i love him.
15. THE DANCERS AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE DOING ALL SVT CHOREO. THEY WERE AMAZING.
16. all the fan projects working out; esp the ocean project that coups pointed out.
17. woozi… he’s so smol… i towered over him when i met him. i love him. they’re all so pretty and ethereal up close.
18. BOO SEUNGKWAN AND LEE SEOKMIN UP CLOSE INDIVIDUALLY HAVE THE SMILES OF A MILLIONS SUNS.
AU. When superstar singer and winner of The Voice Louis Tomlinson tweets “Nothing worse than waking up with no milk for a cuppa !! Gutted” he doesn’t expect someone to bring him some. And he really doesn’t expect that someone to have bright green eyes, long curly hair, and (fucking) dimples.
Louis has zero interest in an ex-boybander turned solo artist when his appearance on the show gets announced, but that’s exactly who he gets stuck with when Harry Styles shows up at the Late Late show to promote the release of his debut album. For an entire fucking week.
I just need to say this because I feel like people don’t say it much but YUTA DESERVES TO BE LOVED AND APPRECIATED ㅠㅠ I know he acts extra confident and cunning on-camera, but that’s him being real and being playful! He’s not trying to say he’s better than other members or other members are lesser than him, he’s just playing around so that the members will loosen up a bit. He’s literally trying his hardest to make the group/broadcast feel a little less nervous and serious whenever they’re on broadcast. ㅠㅠ And i’m sure what we see on-air is diff with real life, because, as the members have said before, no matter how much he claims he is sangnamja, he actually worries and thinks a lot esp nowadays… ㅠㅠ Aside from that, we all know his talents are not showcased enough (at the moment) but I wish that it wouldnt stop us from giving him the support we give the rest. It breaks my heart that whenever YT is focused on cam or when it’s his part, and the fan chants arent as loud ㅠㅠ and it makes me worry sometimes. I hope he doesnt think of himself as someone who is lacking because he doesnt have parts in the album single, or because the chants arent as loud. ㅠㅠ He’s freaking talented and handsome and I’m sure he’d do great in variety but ofc he has to trust in SM’s timing and I hope when it happens, it wouldn’t be too late ㅠㅠ And it’s funny how people often forget that he’s also a foreigner in the group, yet he acts and speaks like a korean local but no one mentions how good he is enough ㅠㅠ Yuta wont probably ever read this, but you guys will and I hope we can show him that he is as important as everyone else in the group. ㅠㅠ
CREDITS TO THE TRANSLATOR (ily for supporting Yuta)
if astro were things that felt like home, mj would be the wind chimes. he’s the soft ringing of the bells in the gentle breeze, humming its favourite tune when you slide the windows open. he’s the playful flutter of curtains dancing in the sun and the crackling of the old radio singing his favourite love songs, and the way you’d dance and hum along to the melody as you go about with your chores.
jinjin would be the paintings that hang on your walls. he’s the one with the sea painted a soft, calm blue and the other a house covered in snow. he’s all the picture frames holding your best memories, and the polaroids you’ve scribbled on and hung on a flimsy red string. jinjin is also the feeling of sleeping in on a saturday morning, where your tired bones sigh in relief and you finally get to breathe.
eunwoo is your old bookshelf standing tall and proud in your room. he’s every book lined up neatly on your little wooden shelves, paperbacks worn and happy from being read many times over. he’s also the notes and stationaries strewn across the desk tucked in a corner, pushed up against the wall right underneath your window. eunwoo is every post it you’ve slapped onto your walls and every scribble you’ve made in blue and red ink, and the forgotten cup of coffee that had gone cold as you work away diligently.
moonbin would be the glow-in-the-dark stars scattered across your ceiling, and the light from the moon or street lamps shining in faintly through your windows. he’s the crack in the door your mother used to always leave open for you, the slither of light that falls across your sheets and the sense of security that it gives you. he’s the murmur of a goodnight’s kiss and the quiet whispers on nights you wake up from a bad dream.
rocky is the feeling of wrapping up in warm blankets on cold, rainy mornings. he’s the cup of hot chocolate you cradle in your palms as you watch movies and wiggle your toes, tucked into a corner of the couch, warm and cosy and peaceful. he’s the smell of your mother’s cooking wafting through the walls of your home and the smile she gives you when you peek into the kitchen. rocky is the cheeky grin you give when you steal a bite and manage to get away with it.
sanha is the laughter that fills in the gaps and the lull of conversation in the air. he’s the doodles on fogged up windows where you make raindrops race, and the flowers arranged randomly in pretty flower vases. sanha is the chirping of baby birds greeting you good morning and the bunch of old plushies on your bed you refuse to throw out, and the secret box you keep little odds and ends in tucked away in your closet.
if astro were things that felt like home–
what am i talking about? they already make me feel at home with the way they just are.