I’ve been wanting to make a music video for Disconnected for a really long-ass time but no one I know irl has been willing to be in it. I had the idea all planned out but without someone to star in it, I can’t make it.
That’s why I’m completely changing my approach. The song doesn’t have to have romantic connotations so I’m not taking that route anymore. Instead of a story line music video, I’m asking you guys to help me make a fan-fueled music video.
Here’s what I’m thinking:
- Send me a short video clip (or long video clip or whatever) of you and your friends just hanging out and having a good time (ideas of this would be just hanging out on the internet, watching a movie, having a sleepover, hanging out at a park, etc. As long as you’re with your friends and having fun, that’s what matters)
- I’ll take the clips and put them together to make the music video so if you want to send a video of you + your friends singing along, I might throw that in there. I’m trying to stay away from a singing video and make it more like an official fan video, y’know?
- Once that’s done, I’ll post it on tumblr, Twitter, and YouTube in hopes of the band seeing it. I’ll tag everyone and have a credits list at the end of the video!
This will only work if enough people send me a video so if you want to send a video, here’s what you should do:
- Send the video via email to disconnectedmv @ mail.com
- Make sure the subject title is : Disconnected Music Video
- If you want to be credited at the end, add your tumblr url or Twitter handle so i can list you
I have no idea if this will work so if you send in a clip and the video isn’t posted by let’s say November, not enough people participated. Hopefully if this gets good feedback, I’ll have it done by October but I’m saying November so people can get their videos sent in. Please do this if you can!