Headcanons for Piper and Male Sole realizing they have feelings for each other and eventually getting together?
Piper x M!Sole
- The first time Piper really noticed that she was attached to Sole was shortly after the first time he dismissed her. They had been traveling together ever since the interview Piper took with Sole, they hadn’t left each other’s side since. Piper found it oddly lonely being at home again, not out in the Commonwealth with Sole. She found herself missing him and thinking about him, even started writing newspaper stories about him to get over the feeling of loneliness.
- The Sole Survivor and Piper had been traveling together for so long that Sole found himself thinking about Piper, wondering what witty remark she would say about his actions or what she would say about their surroundings. He found himself missing her constant babble and snarkiness, always thinking in the back of his mind: “What would Piper think about this?”.
- Sole started collecting and saving sweets and Nuka Cola for Piper while out on his own. He sometimes even went intentionally out of his way to collect sweets for her. He just loved the way she smiled when presented with the gift of sweets. He could see it now, the way her eyes crinkled at the corners and the way her beautiful lips turned upwards at the corners…
- Once the Sole Survivor returned to Diamond City to pick up Piper, he was greeted by Nat. Nat kept cutting off Piper’s sentences and embarrassing her by saying stuff about the Sole Survivor and her. It was almost like she was implying Piper had a crush on Sole. Probably not, Sole thought. There was no way Piper could like him.
- One time Sole was away for a lot longer than usual. Piper was becoming worried, Sole NEVER took this long on his journeys around the Commonwealth. He returned just as Piper’s mind started thinking the worst had happened and he was surprised by a hug that knocked him off his feet. Piper was, of course, very sheepish and claimed that she just really really missed him, nothing more. He didn’t believe her.
- The Sole Survivor sometimes came over to Publick Occurrences when he had a break between quests, hanging out with Piper and Nat for a day or two before going on his way. One of those times, Piper fell asleep on the couch while she and Sole were hanging out. He noticed that and gave her his jacket to use as a blanket, giving her a quick and very nervous kiss on the cheek before leaving. What he didn’t know was that Piper wasn’t fully asleep and witnessed it all. She sat up, race red as a ripe tato. Nat mocked her for days after that.
- When they finally confessed to each other is a great story to tell. They were traveling through Cambridge to respond to a Settlement’s call for assistance. They were playing the radio through Sole’s pip-boy and paused for quick break. Piper was doing something with her back to Sole when all of the sudden Sole yells. They had forgotten about the ghouls there, even though Sole was almost positive he cleared all of them out of the area. Sole was on the ground, a feral ghoul trying to tear at his neck and chest. Piper almost shot Sole, missing the ghoul and shooting the ground near his head. When they finally managed to take care of it, Piper was on top of him blubbering about how much she loved him and how she couldn’t live with herself if he died right in front of her, etc. He also confessed to her while soothing her and calming her down. They kissed shortly afterwards.
- Now that Nat knows they are in a relationship, most of the time when they are together and she is nearby, she is yelling “EWW” at them. They did nothing to provoke it, except maybe for that one kiss in front of her…and that other time they flirted while she was next to them…maybe they did provoke it.