Roses are red, Violets are blue, Valentine’s day is coming up, so here are my 10 favorite Korean drama couples. (in no particular order)
Hong Nan Hee & Byung Hyung Tae - 9 Ends 2 Outs
If I had to choose my favorite couple of all time, Nan He and Hyung Tae would take the title. These two best friends turned lovers are still making my heart pound whenever I watch 9 Ends 2 Outs. Their knowledge and understanding of one another, as well as their constant need to protect each other was wonderfully portrayed. And Soo Ae’s chemistry with Lee Jung Jin was so on point I wondered if they didn’t date in real life.
Ban Ji Yoon & Yoon Dong Ha - A Witch’s Romance
Noona Romance are not new in kdramas but this one is probably my favorite. It was heartbreaking to watch Ban Ji Yoon fight her feelings for Dong Ha because of their 14-year old gap, but the mature take on the subject made it worth it. Plus, their kiss scenes were just too hot.
Na Bong Sun & Kang Sun Woo - Oh My Ghost
These two are just too cute. Introvert Bong Sun and top chef Sun Woo didn’t look like they were ever going to fall in love but thankfully our ghost Soon Ae helped a little. I particularly love how Sun Woo just can’t resist Na Bong cuteness.
Kim Bok Joo & Jung Joon Hyung - Weightlifting Fairy, Kim Bok Joo
A fan favorite and probably the best couple of 2016, Bok Joo and Joon Hyung have brought to light a realistic portrayal of a couple and their relationship. From strangers, to friends, to lovers they’ve showed us how a relation based on respect, communication and trust can work.
Cheon Song Yi & Do Min Joon - You Who Came From The Stars
If these two aren’t the definition of opposites that attracts I don’t know who could be. Using one of my favorite trope, neighbors/cohabitation, Cheon Song Yi and Do Min Joon’ love story was stellar.
Choi Hee Jin & Kim Bong Do - Queen In Hyun’s Man
Another opposite attracts kind of story, Choi Hee Jin and Kim Bong Do made my heart pound and break and pound again. The idea that love is timeless and that 400 years of distance is not such an issue was one of my favorites out of all the love stories.
Yoon Myeong Joo & Seo Dae Young - Descendants of the Sun
Set in the military, the obstacle they faced wasn’t just your usual parents disapproval. Seo Dae Young’ struggle to follow orders while trying to keep Yoon Myeong Joo from hurting was heart wrenching. But it’s Yoon Myeong Joo’ stubbornness that made this couple so lovable. This and their beautiful theme song.
Jang Dan Bi & Lee Do - Splash Splash Love
It was only two episodes but these two gave me feelings that some couples haven’t been able to do in 20 episodes. Their love story was short lived but so sweet that it will be remembered for eternity.
Grim Reaper & Sunny - Goblin
Definitely the couple with the most painful story on this list, Wang Yeo and Sunny made cry like a baby. To be exact, it’s the innocent and slow approach this couple took only to find out the ugly truth that made cry. Like hurting in one life is already awful but can you imagine it being your destiny? Granted their reincarnation did get a happily ever after but it wasn’t the same.
Go Eun Chan & Choi Han Gyeol - Coffee Prince
I love these two because not only did they do the romance but they also did the bromance. Their love story was really one that transcended genders, which was quite a feature for Korean drama. Han Gyeol struggle to understand his feelings for Eun Chan, followed by his acceptance of the situation gave me so many feelings.
One thing all these couple have in common is how much they loved each other, they might not have made the best decisions all the time but their love is so big that it blinded me several times.
On this note, I wish you all a Happy Valentine’s Day whether you are in a relationship or single. For those of you who are in relationship, enjoy your time with your significant other. For those you who are single (like me) don’t feel desperate and just enjoy the day with yourself or your friends. Finally for those of you who don’t celebrate/care about Valentine’s Day…have a wonderful tuesday :)
I live for disgustingly sweet couples! [post-squip] Made in collaboration with @theawesomempress
•Michael is so affectionate. He won’t hesitate with PDA
•hes just so happy he’s with the adorable dork named Jeremy
•PDA definitely makes Jeremy super flustered but he Lives™ for it
•Jeremy’s kink is literally any hint of affection
•every time the sit down together it eventually devolves into cuddle sessions
•the squad places bets on how long it will take for them to start cuddling
•Michael has a Spotify playlist for Jeremy named something along the lines of “for my babe Jeremy” and it’s full of love songs
•cant help falling in love with you is absolutely on there
•Jeremy listens to the playlist every night before he goes to bed
•they’ve definitely taken couple pictures in those photo booths and they keep them in their lockers/wallets
•they’ve started to share both of their lockers so it’s no longer “Jeremy’s locker” and “Michael’s locker” it’s now “Jeremy and Michael’s lockers”
•do not ask either of them to hold on to something for you it’s too much of a hassle to figure out which locker it’s in
•Michael totally hugs Jeremy from behind just to hear Jeremy squeak in surprise
•ps Michael will also press a kiss right behind Jeremy’s ear when he hugs him from behind
•it never fails to reduce Jeremy to a blushing, embarrassed puddle but he loves it so much
•when they get married their last names become “Mell-Heere”
• because Michael will introduce himself like “Hello, I’m Michael Mell-Heere” and he thinks it’s hilarious (seriously say it aloud if you don’t quite understand why it’s amazing)
•their wedding song is Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars
Decided to put all of my Ed Sheeran Divide feels/vibes/reviews in one post:
1) Eraser is a song that left me openmouthed and a little emotionally confused. The lyrical sharpness was like glass and I felt like I kind of understood why Ed took a year off. It is white noise on edge anger simmering below the surface of a whiskey glass or behind a thin curtain of some other deadly vice that helps to numb the price of fame. It’s saying I’m fine but really rocking backwards and forwards within yourself on the floor in a mess of self doubt and regret and just…It’s raw honesty and pride and pretty lies that are more palatable than the harsh truths he delivers within the guise of a steely F64 stream of consciousness ‘what the hell am I doing’It’s heads in hands and excess and the reality of dreams that were born from records and roadtrips and wondering how on earth you ended up here. It’s a little jaded but it’s also a red flag, the moments in life when your brain is steadily inching towards danger but is perhaps able to prevent itself from falling at the last second. It’s realising that perfection is not attainable and that everyone has scars but it’s also about learning to dance with the skeletons in your closet and beating a path for yourself no matter what.
2) Castle On The Hill sounds like its roots were tended by U2. It’s watching the sun rise from rooftops and rolling down hills. It’s playfights between couples where you laugh so hard you cry. It’s nostalgia and records and country lanes and cars and dancing in the rain. It’s holding hands and walking through villages where you know everyone by name. It’s cups of tea, nicknames and muddy English football matches. It’s board games and Sunday roasts and long kisses, leaning against brick walls. It’s radiant smiles and having a song and banter between friends. It’s falling in love hard and wholly where everything is like a film reel from a 50′s movie. It’s feeling infinite and having mates and loves who are forever.
3) Dive - I’m getting really big Stevie Wonder vibes. It’s bluesy with the hooked teeth of a guitar straight into your heart. It’s ragged desperate heartbreak and knowing you feel the stirrings of a person entering your inner world but being scared to jump over the cliff with them. It’s looking into their eyes after the beginnings of something that makes your heart race and saying “dammit I need to know you’re not going to break my heart.”
4) Shape Of You is all first dates and burning liquor and laughs in a crowded bar. It’s stumbling home through wet streets and slow dancing in the doorway. It’s hands in hair and running from a restaurant because you couldn’t pay. It’s watching the breaths of a lover in the dawn. It’s counting the freckles that adorn their stomach and back. It’s lingerie and home cooked meals and Netflix marathons and lazy Sundays when you realise you’ve fallen a little too far so all that you can do is keep falling hard.
5) Perfect is first dances and falling hard. It’s buying a ring because you look over one day and you think “If you walked away, my heart wouldn’t survive. I want to love you for every moment that I’m still alive (I’m writing this through a haze of emotion because this sums up every hope and dream I’ve ever had of the person who’ll love me despite all my hard stuff - wheelchair/anxiety/depression) This song is… true love. I’m going to go ahead and say that I think it’s true that that it’s better than Thinking Out Loud…)
6) Galway Girl is Irish af. I like to think of it as a flashback to the beginning of the Perfect ^^^ love story. It’s catchy and makes me want to do a jig. It reminds me of my parents and my aunties and cousins and uncles and sisters. It’s a clan song. It’s a chance meeting and having pieces fall into place from the very first day.
7) Happier - AARGH. This is every feeling ever when the person you love even if only from afar seems happier with someone that isn’t you and you know you could do a better job but they might never look your way… I’ll be here, waiting always.
8) New Man is a bit of 90′s R & B vibes. It’s a hip hop infused ode for what happens when the person who was a part of your heart comes running to you when a new relationship starts. It’s watching them change in front of your eyes for other guys (or girls) and it’s realising you don’t know who a person is anymore. It’s waves of history breaking upon a foreign shore. It’s losing maps to people you thought you knew like the back of your hand… It’s realising that they still want you in a way but it’s too late.
9) Hearts Don’t Break Around Here is “Yes I’m in love and I want to shout from the rooftops.” It’s the little moments of a couple’s relationship. It’s realising that you’ll look to every day of growing old and the love story you get to live. All I can say is Jesus Christ Cherry, he loves you and it makes me so happy ❤️
10) What Do I Know is Ed’s way of saying Shit maybe they were right… that I saved 2017. He is bringing us all together, a crowd of colours and lives and lover types. No matter who you are, there’s a story on this album for you… It’s a carelessly casual man looking in, saying Fuck you, your walls will never keep us out. We’ll be screaming the words to this music, united and proud.
11) How Would You Feel is all butterflies and pure intoxicating love. It’s a girl wearing her boyfriend’s shirt and regular good morning texts. The soft secretive kisses in a car and casually intimate caresses. It’s meeting the family for the first time and imagining one of your own. It’s looking at a person off guard, saying “I love you” and feeling like that person’s your home.
12) Supermarket Flowers is about Ed’s maternal grandmother and it’s making me think of Nana who joined the angels three years ago and… 😭 I miss you so much. I hope you’d be proud of us x.
13) Barcelona is dancing it out with people who share your heart. It’s Spanish carnival Latin vibes. It makes me think of girls in deep red skirts and men with roses between their teeth. It’s music in your blood and floating away when you dance. It’s the magic moments of a party where you feel like moments could last forever. Who wants to meet me in Barcelona 😜
14) Bibia Be Ye Ye gives me immediate carnival vibes. It’s infused with the melodies of Africa so I can only assume this was his Ghana project. It’s nights of madness and vibrant colours and familiar strangers who dance on tables and offer you liquor. It’s the feeling I get every time I go to a concert or to a new country, the ideas of exploration and self discovery and stories that will make you ache with laughter years later as you look back on the Polaroids.
15) Nancy Mulligan with its fiddles and it’s heart of true Irish blood makes me feel like I’m sitting at an impromptu gathering of musicians around my granny’s fire back home in Galway. It’s sepia photographs and wild cliffs and grandparents whose eyes shine with the fires of their youth as they tell you this story. It’s emerald hills and words in an ancient tongue. It’s a more modern Romeo & Juliet. It’s knowing that love transcends everything and you can have anything if you just have love.
16) Save Yourself has me gasping for air, my heart broken. This song is all helping others only to have them treat you like you’re less than the dirt on their shoe. It has me thinking of savage wolves who want to tear you down but still expect you to smile. It’s despair and anxiety and depression with the quiet steady voice of strength that somehow by the tiniest of miracles keeps getting back up. It’s knowing you need to save yourself by loving all the broken parts of you but not really being sure how to do it.
OH MY GOD THIS RECORD IS SHEER BRILLIANCE. I hope you love my review (Sorry it’s so long!!!)
A/N: Hi everyone! Here’s part 2 of Bestfriend Trouble! A lot of things are going to happen for this one. I hope you guys like this! Warning: This might be too cheesy for other people, especially near the end. HAHAHA. Enjoy!
Request: Can u do a imagine where Zach takes you to the dance and y'all do cute things like slow dance and all that.. and u can end it how u like it.
“Will you go with me, as my date, to the winter formal?” Zach finally asks after 10 minutes of clearing his throat, coughing and stalling. I laugh at him in response.
“Yeah, duh. Who else will I go with? You’re obliged to ask me since I’m your best friend.” I answer and he stares at me for a while with a confused look on his face.
“Well with that kind of reasoning, I should be asking Justin to the dance too since he’s also my bestfriend.” he mumbles under his breath but loud enough for me to hear while rolling his eyes.
“Yeah, Zach? I don’t get why you’re acting so odd for the past couple of days.” I reply as I lean back on my chair and cross my arms in front of my chest. He turns to face me and lets out a deep sigh.
“Look, I’m not asking you to the dance because I have to or because it’s my responsibility as your best friend.” he begins, adding finger quotations as he says the words “best friend”.
“I’m asking you to the dance because I genuinely want to go with you, Y/N. No one else, just you. Only you.” he continues and I give him a small smile.
“Alright, fine, okay, I’ll go to the dance with you. It’s not like I had a choice anyway.” I answer and he groans in frustration.
“Please don’t say yes because you don’t have a choice. Please don’t say yes if you feel like you’re just doing me a favor.” he says as he rubs the sides of his temples. I raise an eyebrow at him and shake my head before speaking.
“Okay, okay. I’m sorry, yes, I will go to the winter formal with you Mr. Zachary Dempsey. It will be my absolute pleasure to be your date.” I finally say and he lifts up his head to face me. There was a certain sparkle in his eyes, like he was ecstatic that I agreed to go with him to the dance.
The rest of Zach and I’s time in Monet’s was nothing out of the ordinary. After the whole conversation about the dance, we just got on with typical best friend stuff. He got us more food - celebratory pastries as Zach liked to call them - and he dropped me home after that.
There were only a few days left until the winter formal and I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t excited for it. If I’m being completely honest, I was excited to go to the dance and I was hoping - even to the point of praying - for Zach to ask me to be his date. However, I didn’t want to let anyone know just in case everything goes to hell. I didn’t want to expect anything because expectations lead you to disappointments. Fortunately, it looks like the stars have aligned and the Gods have listened to my prayers because so far, everything’s going great.
The night of the winter formal
Getting ready for a school dance is the most tedious task there is. You need the perfect dress and the right hairstyle to go with that dress. Not to mention your shoes also need to be flawless.
A/N: This started out as a drabble/gif blurb but then it turned into too many words. It’s basically a fic not a fic. So, I’ll tag you guys with the disgustingness. :P Hope you enjoy this Valentine/Not Valentine Fic. ;) I’ve been wanting to write Jensen singing for a while, and this came to me while grading papers. This is my ultimate wish.
Summary: With the help of a wedding reception and a love song, Spencer has a revelation of his own love.
Word count: 786
A/N: I’ve had the basic premise of this plot running through my head for a while, but after listening to “I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues” a few weeks ago and having it stuck in my head the entire time, I knew it was the perfect song. If you haven’t heard it before, here is a link! It’s a beautiful song and I genuinely love. And as always, GIF is not mine and feedback is appreciated!
A warm sensation of bliss had come to settle over you, half of it due to the flutes of champagne that were passed around during the bridesmaid’s speech and the other half coming from the intoxicatingly jubilance that filled the atmosphere.
Somewhere down the line of your first or second cousins, one of them was getting married and demanded your presence to be there. And while you were apprehensive at first for the inevitable onslaught of questions you would receive from distant aunts and uncles as to when it would be your turn in a white dress, Spencer had ultimately coerced you into going, to which you were thankful for as you leaned into his side, watching as the coveted first dance between husband and wife had come to an end.
Through teary eyes, you, as well as the rest of the room, filled the reception hall with your applause and cheers of excitement for the happy couple. As other guests began to fill the dance floor in preparation for the next song, you turned to place a kiss on Spencer’s cheek.
“Thank you for convincing me to come,” you whispered against the shell of his ear to ensure he heard you, “I’ve had a lot of fun tonight.”
“You’re more than welcome,” Spencer laced his fingers through yours, bringing your joined hands up to his lips, “Thank you for allowing me to be your date.”
Before the words confessing to your boyfriend that he is the only date you would ever want could leave your mouth, a familiar tune of piano keys flits over the chatter of the reception, but it’s just loud enough for you to recognize immediately.
Imagine Dean realizing all the little things he loves about you
Characters: Dean x Reader
Warnings: fluff, implied smut
Word Count: 1.7k
A/N: I love the song Out of My League by Stephen Speaks. It is just wonderful. It inspired this fic. I’m going to tease the HELL out of you with SMUT but not give it to you. I KNOW I’m going to here about it from a couple of you, but *shrugs* you’ll get over it.
Anonymous asked: “I have a problem with the romance subplot. How can I make the characters act like they are in love, not just saying that they are in love?”
Romantic subplots can be the most difficult thing to pull off, or the only easy thing that seems to come together naturally. I know readers can be highly critical of some romantic subplots (rightfully so, sometimes). Most often, when I see there’s an issue, it’s because the reader hasn’t gotten to see any kind of development in this relationship. There isn’t necessarily an expressed fondness, or in some cases a reason to be so fond of someone that they can say they’re in love. Or the last thing is that not enough time has passed to believe that these characters could have made that jump that fast.
As I lay outside with you next to me,
I feel a change in the weather.
The leaves turn orange and red.
There’s a reason I stopped calling it Autumn.
Like the leaves I’m falling too.
Not falling because I’ve withered and died, but because of you.
Maybe it’s the way you look at me as we sit by the fire.
Or the way you make my cheeks turn pinker than the cold ever does.
And just like everyone begins to notice the leaves falling,
I wonder if you notice me falling too.
Me Enamore: Song narrating when Shakira first met Gerard and how she quickly felt physical attraction to him and fell in love.
Amarillo (Yellow): This is the song that Geri talked about that includes a Catalan word in it (T'Estimo=I love you).
Coconut Tree: This song talks about a trip Shak & Geri first took as a couple, where they went searching for a lost island to find peace. She describes the feeling of falling in love “under a coconut tree where we created a universe”.
Toneladas: A ballad that talks about the “tons” of love Shakira receives from Geri and how happy he makes her.
That one time with too much alcohol and a slow dance. // read on ao3
admits today’s victory, in the grand scheme of things, wasn’t necessarily the
biggest. Yet it provided the glimmer of hope needed in the many bleak days to
come, and most importantly, it provided reason to break out the alcohol. All of
Arkadia, gathered in the courtyard, had come back for refills. And now, thanks
to Jasper’s music blasting from the Rover, they are all dancing. For the first
time in a long while, Clarke sees her people laughing.
Bellamy, Raven, and Miller had hung back at first, to facilitate the
distribution of alcohol. Clark would’ve done anything to keep herself from
joining in on the festivities. God knows Clarke doesn’t deserve it. Yet now,
after consuming copious cups of alcohol, Clarke is no longer so sure about her
decision to refrain.
Miller leaves their group, walking into the crowd with his shoulders squared to
ask Bryan to dance. Raven complains profusely about the music – specifically,
why it keeps changing tracks every three seconds, and did they only change when
it got to the good parts, and who put Jasper in charge of the music, anyway –
then she complains about the state of Monty and Harper’s dancing. She leaves
soon after, adamant on “teaching these uncoordinated fools how to dance”.
Clarke watches Raven strut into the crowd, Bellamy says to her, “And then
there were two.”
gestures to the drinks they’d each adopted from Miller and Raven. “And
takes a sip from Miller’s cup. "We can have a party on our own.”
guess we can,” Clarke says. She lifts a shoulder, sending Bellamy a small,
sideways smile. “But I really like this song."