Easy offering for the Fae
If you’ve tended to a thriving garden or taken the time to smell the wild lilacs, there’s a good chance that you’ve encountered some form of Fae. In my experience, these devious little angels hide out in floral escapes and foliage. If you’d like to pay tribute to these babes or attract them to your own garden, here’s a sweet rosy treat to lure them in.
3 tbsp rose petals (dried or fresh, food grade)
1 tbsp rosehips
1 tbsp chamomile flowers*
1 vanilla bean
2 cups sugar of choice
*If you’re allergic to chamomile or ragweed, feel free to substitute with lavender.
1. Grind the rose petals, rosehips and chamomile flowers with a mortar and pestle. Think about the reasons you wish to draw the Fae to your humble abode and infuse those feelings of comfort, safety and kindness into your herbs.
If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, or if this type of action isn’t something you’re able to do, feel free to use a food processor. Your intent will come through just the same. :)
2. Slice the vanilla bean down the middle and place it within your jar.
3. Pour the sugar and ground herbs into the jar. Shake the jar and charge it with your own energy.
4. Leave the jar on the window sill, either during the day for solar energy, overnight for lunar/cosmic energy, or both if you’re so inclined. I like to surround my jar with crystals and herbs, as well.
5. Pour out some of the mixture into a dish and leave it outdoors for the Fae to snack on. If you’d like, you can also use this in place of sweetener in tea and share it with them - just be sure to strain out the herbs!
Recipe from my personal grimoire.