15 things I learned at 15:
1. Life isn’t all about grades and paying bills and getting old. You can’t wake up every morning and do the exact same thing and then say you’ve lived. Do the types of things you can tell stories about. Live a little.
2. The world can be a beautiful place if you look hard enough. Find those places. The world was made to be seen by your eyes.
3. Love is more than saying those three words. You have to mean them. You have to feel them.
4. Your feelings are valid. Always. Please don’t forget that.
5. We were given voices so that we could say how we feel and what we think. Don’t let your voice go to waste because you’re scared. Speak your mind; tell him you love him, tell her that she hurt you, tell your parents that your sad, tell them you’re so fucking happy that they exist in this world.
6. Losing someone who was important to you once doesn’t make what you had together invalid. No matter how thing ended, whether you faded out like a sunset or you burst into flames and it was over instantaneously, they made you happy at one point. Just remember them like that.
7. Flowers braided into your hair are beautiful and leather jackets and combat boots are beautiful and stilettos and lipstick are beautiful and beautiful is not defined by a number, or an image, it’s a feeling.
8. Sometimes all someone needs is to be held.
9. Your heart is a muscle. It will break and then it will become stronger than ever. Love will end you, but you will rise from your ashes and you will be okay.
10. Being alone and being lonely are not the same thing.
11. Hold onto the things and the people that make your heart race and your cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Make sure they know they matter.
12. You don’t have to be okay all of the time. Just know that pain is only temporary.
13. No one in this world knows you better than yourself. Don’t ever let someone try to tell you otherwise.
14. Feel. Feel everything. Every emotion that is thrown your way, welcome it with open arms, invite it into your home, drown in it. Let your emotions consume you, when you feel things like this, no matter how painful, you know you’re alive.
15. If Van Gogh can turn his pain into a collection of masterpieces and Shakespeare can turn the greatest tragedies into something beautiful then you can get up every morning and find a reason to stay.
15 things I learned at 15 // Happy Birthday To Me 05.01.17