I’ve seen several people speculating recently that Cassandra may be Gothel in disguise. Personally, I feel that this theory is… beyond ridiculous. There are several extremely big reasons why I feel this way. I’ll start with the first thing that people have been using as their evidence.
Yes, perhaps their coloration is similar. But their eye shape is completely different. Gothel’s eyes are also characterized by her heavy lids, which Cassandra doesn’t have. Their noses aren’t the same shape - Gothel’s is downturned while Cassandra’s is upturned. Their lips aren’t the same shape, either. And while the characters in Tangled the Series are stylized, their shapes are blocked accurately to the character designs. Also, Cassandra’s hair isn’t nearly curly enough to be Gothel’s hair. When curly hair is cut, it gets curlier, not straighter, and Cassandra’s hair is definitely not as curly as Gothel’s.
Mother Gothel is voiced by Donna Murphy. Cassandra is voiced by Eden Espinosa. Considering how many of the original cast they got back from the movie - Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, M.C. Gainey, Jeffery Tambour, Paul F. Tompkins - I can’t fathom them getting someone who doesn’t sound remotely like Donna Murphy to play someone who is supposed to be Gothel, even in disguise.
3) Cassandra tries to cut Rapunzel’s hair:
Gothel would never try to cut Rapunzel’s hair! Even if she found a new way to stay young forever, she is a woman of plans, and leaving Rapunzel’s hair long would be a contingency plan in case whatever was keeping her alive somehow failed (like Rapunzel’s hair failed before). Not to mention, it’s what Rapunzel wants. If this was Gothel, she’d be manipulating her into trying to keep it, not doing something that makes Rapunzel more comfortable for Rapunzel’s own sake.
4) Gothel is dead:
And boy, is she ever dead! She’s so dead that she is dust, scattered on the ground. “But what if someone found a way to revive her?” I hear you cry.
Let’s examine Gothel’s character for a moment. She was a woman who was hiding a secret for hundreds of years. A really big secret. That is not conducive to making friends who are close enough that they’d come looking for you if you went missing. Also, even if she did have someone that close, how would they find her… dust? The tower was part of the secret, and we don’t know how long she was living there before she brought Rapunzel there, so for a minimum of eighteen years, she’s been managing to keep the tower hidden. Eugene didn’t know it was there. The guards didn’t know it was there. Whether she lived there or not prior to kidnapping Rapunzel, it was still clearly extremely well hidden, and in an attempt to keep Rapunzel’s hair to herself, she wouldn’t be going around telling anyone about its location.
So, in conclusion, they don’t look enough alike, they don’t sound alike at all, Cassandra attempts to cut Rapunzel’s hair (something Gothel would never do) and the biggest factor, Gothel is dead. Cassandra is not Gothel in disguise.
There are some of the fun things to consider about both Phineas and Ferb and Milo Murphy’s Law taking place in Danville:
- Were the MML characters around to see some of Phineas and Ferb’s inventions and/or Doofenshmirtz evil schemes during the summer? Did Murphy’s Law cause Milo to deal with some of those inventions and zaniness?
- Are the P&F characters around to see some of the calamity caused by Milo and the time traveling shenanigans? Does it sometimes affect their creations and daily life?
- How do the timelines line up? Does MML take place in the fall after summer ends in P&F, or is there a larger gap in time between the shows?
- Do the MML characters have 2nd Dimension counterparts? What are they like?
- Are any of the time traveling elements in P&F, from episodes “It’s About Time!” and “Phineas and Ferb’s Quantum Boogaloo”, related to the time traveling elements in MML?
- Do most or all of the teenagers of both shows, like Candace and Vanessa from P&F and Sara from MML, attend the same school, Danville High School? Do any of them besides the teenagers in “Doof 101″ have Dr. Doofenshmirtz as their science teacher?
- Have the Murphys ever attempted to visit the Flynn-Fletcher Antique Shop, and has any of the Flynn-Fletcher family ever contacted the city safety inspector Martin Murphy or architect Brigette Murphy?
- What kind of crossover situation would result in Phineas and Ferb meeting Milo, along with other P&F characters meeting other MML characters? What would Phineas and Ferb’s desire to create and Milo’s condition to cause disaster lead to?
The “truths” of AIDS are often posed as objective, detached assessments, the “truths” about AIDS carry with them the marks of their own allegiance and empire. The “spread of AIDS”, the “protection of public health”, the “foreign threat of AIDS”, the “social impact of AIDS” all bear moral imprints that interpret the epidemic even as they “describe” it. Any analysis of AIDS must therefore consider not only the official “truths” but also the moral and cultural predications that make those “truths” possible.
possible connections; boyfriend/girlfriend, best friend, coworker, pride member
Caleb was preparing himself for a visit with the twins- being a father was hard, especially when it was of four kids with three different mothers. He had various scheduled visits with all of them, and this week the twins were coming to stay with him while their mother was helping her sister with her first child. He’d never had his kids for quiet so long, so he was sort of worried about how he’d keep the two seven year olds occupied- which was why he’d enlisted the help of the other. “So… do you think I can handle them for a week? Or are you staying here to help out? Because I’m pretty sure I sort of need the help.”
Models Carolyn Murphy, Gisele Bundchen, Julia Nobis, Adriana Lima, Raquel Zimmerman, Sasha Pivovarova, Alek Wek, Missy Rayder, Dree Hemingway, Cierra Skye, Riley Montana, Lily Donaldson, Iman for LOVE #14 F/W 2015, shot by David Sims and styled by Katie Grand.