No matter how presentable and well you look or how your life seems to others (and yourself), if you’re harboring bitterness, insecurity, and deceit, you’re a prisoner locked up by your own evil. The heart is desperately wicked so give it to One who can bring it to life. Trust the Lord Jesus, let go of your choice of prison and let God guide you with your heart.
“Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26 NASB)
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. I will put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Then you will live in the land I gave to your forefathers; You will be my people and I will be your God
1. Favorite Bible Verse?- I can’t really pick a favorite, but Ezekiel 36:26 especially speaks to my heart.
2. Favorite Book of Bible?- I’ve been LOVING Isaiah right now.
3. Favorite Christian Artist?- Matthew West I think. I just saw him in concert in the beginning of August. It was so good!!
4. Hardest Commandment to follow for yourself?- Not necessarily a ‘commandment’ but God’s view/purpose of marriage and romantic relationships has been infamously difficult for me to follow.
5. In one sentence, describe your relationship with Christ.- There’s nothing I did to deserve it, but Christ has been relentlessly pursuing my heart.
6. Favorite highlighter color for marking Bible?- Gotta go with yellow.
7. Favorite Worship song?- King of My Heart.
8. Prayer Request?- I just recently ended a relationship of almost two years, so prayers for my heart and his are appreciated.
9. What is your favorite miracle Jesus performed?- When He turned water into wine or the healing of the bleeding woman.
10. Favorite Biblical quote?- In Acts 9:15-16 about Saul’s coming conversion, “”But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.””
11. Favorite Bible character?- Rahab
12. Which do you prefer to read? Old or New Testament?- I obviously feel really strongly that they are equally important and relevant to our daily lives and walk with Christ. That being said, I used to think only the NT was relevant. However, since entering Bible college I’ve really grown in interest for the OT.
13. Biggest thing God did for you?- Helped me not want to die anymore and choose life.
14. What’s one question you’d like to ask God when you get to Heaven?- I can’t really see myself asking God a direct question when I get to Heaven. If I had to pick, maybe the cliché, ‘why do bad things happen?’, even though I think apologetically this can be fleshed out.
15. Favorite Christian holiday?- Easter.
16. Favorite Book written by a Christ follower?- Jesus Is ___ by Judah Smith.
17. One thing you don’t like about the Christian religion?- I don’t like when people focus only on grace, or only on condemnation and repentance. Both are necessary, both are equally important.
TW18. One thing Christ delivered you from?- Self-harm & suicidal ideation.
19. Which would you rather do: hug or high five Jesus?- Hug :)
Okay so I know Narnia is just filled with symbols and metaphors and “allegories” for Christianity, but I just realized one I hadn’t thought of before and I’m ecstatic.
Ezekiel 36:26: “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.”
I was just thinking of this verse, when I realized the fulfillment of it by Aslan within Narnia… The White Witch turns the Narnians into stone, but Aslan’s breath (and only his breath, as far as we’ve seen) can heal them and make them flesh again. JUST LIKE ASLAN TURNS THE CREATURES OF STONE BACK INTO LIVING BEINGS, JESUS INTENDS TO TAKE OUR HARDENED HEARTS AND MAKE THEM FLESH AGAIN. I JUST THINK THATS SO COOL.
“A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.”
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. - Ezekiel 36:26-27