alright you know what
shoutout to the aromantics
- shoutout to the aromantics who for years thought they were broken because they couldn’t make themselves fall in love
- to the people who forced themselves to date and put themselves in awkward situations because they thought the feelings would come eventually
- to everyone who grew up with the ultimate fantasy of falling in love and getting married
- to everyone struggling to come to terms with the fact that they may never feel romantic love for a person
- to the aromantics who LOVE ROMANCE AND LOVE
- to those whose favorite artists only ever sing about love
- to the aromantics who have to deal with inevitable and often forced romantic plots in media
- to the grey-aromantics who have fallen in love before and wonder if they will ever feel that way again because despite any heartbreak it was worth it
- to the aromantics who have to dodge questions from their peers and families about dating
- to the aromantics whose only representation in media is crazy old cat lady or angry and bitter old man (only to SURPRISE have them find love in the end! because that’s all they needed!)
- to the aromantics who are constantly told ‘you just haven’t found the right person’ and ‘it’ll happen eventually’
- to the aromantics who take to the internet + forums for answers and find no help
SHOUTOUT TO THE AROMANTICS WHO ARE RAISED BELIEVING THAT THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD STRIVE FOR IN LIFE IS LOVE AND MARRIAGE AND CHILDREN AND TO WANT ANYTHING LESS IS TERRIBLE OF YOU.
YOU ARE STRONG FOR HAVING MADE IT THIS FAR IN A WORLD THAT HAS BEEN BUILT TO MAKE US BELIEVE WE ARE BROKEN AND WRONG AND SAD THINGS TO BE PITIED BECAUSE WE ARE ANYTHING BUT THAT.