I’ve seen SO many of my friends struggle with motivation these days, so I wanted to make a little psa about how to attempt to get motivation back ( this also helps fight depression yo ) — It’s all about POSITIVE VIBES. Positivity attracts positivity. Motivation is driven by the WANT to do something, and that doesn’t ( usually ) come on its own, but needs a kick-starter ( this is where inspiration comes into play ). Inspiration is easily triggered by positivity, and everyone has positivity stored in them ( it is a human thing after all ), so what’s needed is to extract it. This part is where people say that their depression prevents them, and a big reason for that is because they are waiting for the positivity to come to them, but relying on something to come to YOU is not as good as generating it YOURSELF. So, can positivity be generated when you feel down? By: DOING YOUR BEST. This is a cliche saying, but it actually works. Do one more thing than you did yesterday. For some, this is a slow process. Doing one more draft, answering one more ask - but the thing is, the more you do, the better you will feel about yourself. And, there it is: you have made a positiv feeling/vibe/emotion. By feeling good about yourself, and sending out this ‘ positive vibe ‘, you are attracting inspiration, which will turn into motivation. Then, it’ll be easier to do more things, which, again, will give you an even better feeling - more motivation - more productivity - more positive vibes! When you hit a certain point, you will have “excess” positivity, which you can give to the people around you! So now you’re not only making positiv energy, but you’re also distributing it to your social circle, which will make good things happen to you. You’ll feel better about yourself, your work, and the people in your life ( and they will feel better about you ). And all of this JUST because you decided that you wanted to do a little more than usual. People who say that “this won’t work for me”, are ruining for themselves, because that means that instead of generating positivity, you are making negativity, which brings NOTHING good. Don’t say: “this won’t work for me”, don’t say “this might work for me”. Say: “THIS WORKS FOR ME”, because — Well, it does.
Small personal note about my own experience with this ‘ method ‘ of generating motivation ( feel free to ignore this) ; People tell me that I can’t understand what it’s like to be depressed and that it’s impossible to just “do” things when you’re feeling down, but, trust me, I DO know what that’s like. I suffer from a rare medical condition that causes me a lot of pain, which I have been very depressed about ( still feel down sometimes about it ), but I can STILL use the method described above to make motivation! So, I have no doubt that it will work for you too!
So, instead of jumping right in, let’s actually explain what I mean when I say “classic” vamps. I wrote “Dracula-style” in the original post, but that’s the wrong label to use. Basically what I mean by classic is the iconic idea of a vampire. So, the pale skin, the black tux, the aversion to garlic and sunlight and crosses, the stuff that you would see in a cartoon making a vampire joke. They sleep in coffins, poof into bats, maybe hypnotize people a bit, that kind of thing.
There’ll be posts on what I think about the idea of “vampire mythology” being a set-in-stone thing later, but this just a lighthearted start. And my first post, woo! So let’s get on with the edited version of Problems for “Classic” Vamps. And please note, this is intended to be edutainment, not straight-up history class.
Blood does NOT stain teeth. Thank you, folks! But seriously though, always remind your vamps to brush and floss for healthy fangs (and to avoid blood breath, of course).
Fluorescent lights emit UV rays. Which means if your vampire is sun-sensitive, there’s a good chance they’re sensitive to indoor lights, too. Scarves and sunglasses, mate. Scarves and sunglasses.
Garlic is evil. Stay away from Pizza Hut at all costs.
I won’t say church is evil ’cause this is the internet, but. Those crucifixes might cause some discomfort for your vamp. Might wanna experiment with other belief systems. Or just pray from home, that works too.
Immortality lasts a long time. Unless you wanna cop out and make your vamp have amnesia, they’re gonna have a lot of memories from their long, long pasts. They’ll also have lots of abilities/hobbies (knit one, purl two, yo) and experience from staying alive for so long. Unless, of course, they’ve been in a crypt for all this time. Then their language skills might not be so good.
Classic vamps transform. Into mist, wolves, bats! So be careful with windy nights, dog catchers, and white-nose syndrome.
Cada día a su lado era una experiencia nueva, verlo sonreír cada día era como ver un eclipse, cada beso se sentía como formar una galaxia y cada vez que estaba en sus brazos, me sentía en medio del Universo.
- tyler’s soft vocals ?? - THE WAY TYLER SINGS THE SECOND AND THIRD VERSE SLAYS ME (HE DOES THAT WEIRD INDIE THING (IDK HOW TO EXPLAIN IT BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT) WITH HIS VOICE THAT I ADORE SO MUCH) - tyler’s little angelic “oohhhh"s - it’s almost like a stripped version of heathens ???? - the whole track is so gentle and beautiful
- almost like a cover to the blurryface version ? majority of it is the same except for a few of mutemath’s twists and add ons and ty’s vocals - “sayin’ stuff like: you only live once” - "can you save (save save) can you save (save save) can you save my heavy dirty soul?” - a lot more blurryface sounds than the original ? - WE CANNOT FORGET SCREAMO BEAN
- woAh this one is a RECREATION - I’M LOVIN’ THE ELECTRIC MIXED WITH ROCK VIBE YO - this reminds me of the summer time at like the beach or a pool ?? - the second verse makes me smile every time ??? (ft. sick little drum beat and tyler with that same killer indie voice thing) - THE BRIDGE SOUNDS SO PEACEFUL AND RELAXING AND IT JUST GIVES ME THIS SENSE OF COMFORT AND A SAFE FEELING I CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF - “i’m falling so i’m taking my timeeeeeeeee” *KSKDLEMDLSKSOSNKDLDMSKDKDJ MAGIC*
Tear In My Heart
- MY PERSONAL FAVORITE - another noticeable RECREATION - i freaking love how it has that 70s tekno love song vibe to it - all i can imagine is jenna just sitting there and tyler is looking at her and singing so passionately to his dime piece wife and she’s just smiling and so in love just like he is ahhh - "the songs on the radio are okay *echo*. but my taste in music is your face!” - tyler’s vocals slay me in this tooo (in all of them tbh) - EKK I’M IN LOVE WITH THE BRIDGE AND THE WHOLE ENDING IT’S SO SIMPLISTIC AND MAGICAL AND TYLER’S VOCALS ARE B E A U T I F U L - what’s not to love about this track ????
- yo yo yo gotta love his timing with the words (no comma needed) - i freaking love the electric and rock add ons in this one - the whole ending is just so incredibly magical ??? like yes ??? thank you for slaying me ???!??? - “tomorrowww!” *moanish?* - THE ENDING IS SO SPOOKYYY AND ODDLY MYSTERIOUS (undertale soundtrack is that you)
- instead of a christmas album, we got this which is totally okay because i don’t mind AT ALL- headphones change the whole experience yo- HEATHENS’S SPOOKY PIANO OUTRO- whoops i based this on the audio- BUT TYLER’S LITTLE DANCE MOVES IN THE VIDEO ARE DEFINITELY WORTH NOTING ALONG WITH THE LITTLE SNEAK PEAK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE VIDEO WITH J CLEANING HIS SYMBOLS AND LOOKING LIKE A CUTE LITTLE DORK- haha sorry for popping up on your dashboard like this. it’s been an incredibly long day without being able to speak to someone about this- i’ve been meaning to say something about it before but i’ve been busy with school- ^^my reason for not being on as much- winter break starts on friday so i’ll be on WAY MORE- whoops this is getting off track- hope you guys had a good day/night :)
I’ve been on a Gorillaz kick for like the past month or so, and I want to mention some of the songs that I love/grew to love that no one talks about. These are my own opinions.
Edit: And I wrote more than I thought I would, so this post is JUST for their self titled album! You can still talk about your fave songs from other Gorillaz albums though!
Also: I definitely have NOT listened to every song on every album so if you have a fave and you don’t see it on my list, reblog and add your own!!
Gorillaz (self titled album):
“5/4”: YO. When I listened to this song for the first time, it blew my fucking mind. I was like “whY ISNT ANYONE TALKING ABOUT THIS” I love the drums and that drop around 2:00 after 2D goes, “she made me kill my self”. It’s brilliant and under-appreciated and i am mad about it. Song automatically makes me feel like a badass.
“Sound Check (Gravity)”: i love how raw 2D’s voice is when he sings the word “gravity” With this song, I can only describe it as his voice melting into the music. I was emotionally moved.
“Double Bass”: the only lyrics spoken are “all of which makes me anxious, at times unbearably so”. I get lost in my head when I listen to this and those words bring me back and i love it, okay. i deal with anxiety in my day-to-day life as well, and the lyrics are just, rather calming to me? It’s like a brief moment that I can connect with through my own experience.
“Rock the House”: YO. This song makes my soul happy. It’s one of those songs that makes you want to dance and sing along and it really cheers me up. My favorite lyrics from this one are, “I’m highly animated even though I’m decomposing…” I love it so much and it’s hard to express in words. A BOP.
“Qué Pasa Contigo?”: the first time I heard this I was like, “Spanish???? Gorillaz???? Yes???” My heart fluttered. I love how animated the vocalist is, especially when he’s speaking. “Déjalo…si quieres continuar, (hermano)”
“Slow Country”: Like “5/4”, this was another one of my favorites when I first heard it. I fell in love with it. I’d describe it as soft and calming with rich emotional lyrics? I love listening to this just before sunset when I’m driving and it feels like the world is settling down. This is the kind of song that embodies how I feel when I have a moment alone with my thoughts?
“M1-A1”: the first 1:35 of this song makes me anxious, but in a good way? Although the lyrics are obvious… “hello…? Is anyone there…?!” The intro to the song just emphasizes how alone we are, pure isolation. And when the guitar and drums finally roll in, I’m fucking pumped. It makes me want to drive fast???
Also, this isn’t an “underrated” song, but “19-2000” and it’s soulchild remix are fucking bops. And I love and enjoy all the songs on the album, just wanted to talk about these few!