“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
Hello hello! So, this is a little project I have been talking about and mulling over for a while, and doing some behind-the-scenes work on. Halcyon Days!
halcyon days. noun. denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful
Now, a bit about this project…
- I’m calling it a “mini series” to my Ivy Legacy!
- I will focus on Violet’s story, and her experience at summer camp
- But I will still pop back into the lives of my other characters, on occasion.
- The writing style for this mini series is also different than usual. I won’t be doing captions, and it’ll be more long-form novel style. However, I’ll try to keep each post at a decent length so y’all don’t lose your minds. ;)
- It will have a different banner than my regular Ivy Legacy posts!
Summer camp is going to be a big time for Vi, and I figured she deserved a bit of the spotlight. I also made this geeky lil trailer for it, because I recently learned how to *finally* use iMovie, and felt inspired!
The first post will be going up tonight! Keep ya eyes peeled, everybody!!