transboy remus & genderqueer sirius meeting each other at a trans day of visibility rally tho oh mygos h
- Imagine though young Sirius who just ran away and has started to learn about these things and coming to terms with who they really are and this rally is the first exposure they’ve ever experienced as the person they’ve always wanted to be and like Sirius is just this confused, blushing mess with hopeful eyes and a little smile in the crowd and they’re still scared because of all the abuse and hate from their family but also happy now that they’re with the Potters now who of course have no problems with letting Sirius go to this event as long as it’s safe and good for them. James would have gone with him for support but Sirius believed that it was something they had to out for themself and wow I forgot this was supposed to be an r/s thing whoops okay anyway
- Sirius and Remus go to the same uni but they’ve never talked before today and they don’t about how very queer the other is because they’re very different people at school and they have like one maybe two classes together. Sirius thought Remus is just the broody, sarcastic kid and Remus thought Sirius is just another asshole who has too much money tbh.
- Remus seeing his ex with his new boyfriend and he panics and turns to the first person he can get his hands on (it’s Sirius of course) like ‘okay hi there Sirius right? can you make out with me for the next ten seconds or until my my ex is out of sight’ ‘are you joking’ ‘no’ ‘you’re lucky you’re cute ok fine’. They kiss and Sirius has to fucking tiptoe and Remus has to duck a little and it’s a little awkward but only for like the first 2.5 seconds tbh bc they kind of just melt it into it and it goes on a bit longer and Remus comes to his senses and gently pulls away and Sirius is just like ‘what’ and Remus just raises his eyebrows and says ‘he’s gone’ ‘who’s gone’ ‘my ex’ and Sirius tries to play it cool as if they didn’t forget why they were kissing this gorgeous boy in the first place.
- It doesn’t take long for Remus to see that Sirius is just such a lost (but eager) puppy when it comes to these things tbh and sometimes the crowd gets a tad too rowdy and Remus gets a bit protective even though they’re the same age and puts a hand on Sirius’ back or holds Sirius’ hand for a bit and Sirius is just like ‘Excuse you I’m not a child’ but secretly is v thankful and v smitten with this dork wowie
- Sirius getting a text from Reg and it’s nothing significant really it’s just Reg asking Sirius ‘Are you sure participating in that rally thing is safe. Take care.’ and they get a bit thrown off because Sirius misses their lil bro so much it hurts and it’s the fact that they are who they are that made Sirius leave Reg in the first place and it’s followed by anger at their family because if it wasn’t for them maybe Reg could be here with Sirius. Remus sees that Sirius looks a bit dazed and he kinda just rubs their shoulders and asks if they’re okay and Sirius just nods and Remus insists like ‘Are you sure because if this is too much for you it’s definitely okay like you’ve done more than enough for today. Do you need a breather? Do you wanna go somewhere else or??’ and Sirius is so touched because sometimes they need to remind themself that there’s a good reason they left home and that they don’t regret it because there are people - even the ones they’ve never thought of before - who will treat them better than their family ever did so Sirius just smiles and tells Remus not to worry and Remus just nods and resumes talking and Sirius doesn’t mind that Remus’ arm casually slips around their waist protectively and affectionately
- Remus and Sirius casually talking while the whole parade is going on and they learn a lot about each other and Remus uses the facepaint he’s been carrying around to give Sirius the colors of the genderfluid flag and Sirius explains to Remus about the different pronouns they prefer and when for each one and Remus is super supportive. They end up talking about more stuff like movies and and music and books with queer representation and they’re just super caught up with each other it takes them a while to realize they’ve stopped walking once they arrive to where the parade culminates.
- The whole thing culminates at this park and there’s music and people talking up on stage and sometimes it’s speeches and inspirational/empowering songs and things about awareness and acceptance and visibility but mostly it’s just trans and nb people performing and sharing their stories and it’s anything from coming out/self acceptance to stories about meeting a cute person or finding the perfect store to shop in because of their gender neutral clothing and accessories etc etc etc and it’s an open mic and they’re pretty close to the stage. Remus elbows Sirius to go talk and share and Sirius just laughs and shakes their head frantically. Remus just nods understandingly, ruffles Sirius’ hair (’lupin u just ruined my bun wtf’) and goes up the stage and gets the mic and Sirius is so shocked because this is Remus Lupin he doesn’t even speak in class other than to sass the teacher.
- “Hi everyone, I’m Remus Lupin. I’ve never really had a significant story before other than me being trans. Well, until today, because I met an amazing person who I thought was just some pretty face with a huge head full of hot air and is popular at school because of their name. Turns out they don’t know how amazing and wonderful and funny and smart and kind they are after all. They’re still a pretty face though. And a pretty good kisser too. Which is why I’m hoping they’ll have lunch with me at the university courtyard tomorrow and have coffee with me after this even though I’ll probably just have hot choco and they’ll judge me because they love coffee which i honestly don’t get because-’ and he gets cut off with Sirius screaming ‘YES I’LL GO OUT WITH U OK’ and people are laughing and cheering and Remus jogs down to Sirius and kisses their cheek and and Sirius just smiles like an idiot and g osh they’re so adorable