AFROPUNK MIXTAPE 002: Black Lives Always Mattered
Chants of “black lives matter” envelop the streets, as thousands converge to declare what should be self-evident. But black lives always mattered. At the same moment that a generation wakes up and discovers the power of its voice, another sleeping giant has woken after 14 years of silence to record what could be the defining album of 2014. From D'Angelo’s Black Messiah to underground acts like Laughing Man’s Be Black Baby, December 2014 has been a month of both continued unrest and growing strength. AFROPUNK’s 2nd mixtape: Black Lives Always Mattered features some of the best songs released this month from D'Angelo, We Are Shining, The OBGMs, a classic track from Fishbone, and an exclusive remix of an unreleased J Cole track.
1. Intro - Cypher (August 2014, December 2014)
2. J Cole vs Project Black Pantera - Be Free (Remix)
3. Laughing Man - Brilliant Colors
4. D'Angelo - 1000 Deaths
5. Interlude - Spike Lee / Michaela Angela Davis (December 2014)
6. Alice Smith - Shell Shock
7. We Are Shining - Hot Love
8. The OBGMs - Ijuswannaluvuallthetime
9. Kendrick Lamar - Untitled (Live)
10. Interlude - Chuck D (August 2013)
11. De La Soul (feat Chuck D) - The People
12. Girl In A Thunderbolt - Silver Phoenix
13. Interlude - Michaela Angela Davis (December 2014)
14. Charlie Belle - Get To Know
15. Blake Diamond & The Pearls - Black Is Beautiful
16. Fishbone - Riot
17. Project Black Pantera - Execucão na Av 38
18. Young Fathers - Soon Come Soon
19. Interlude - Melissa Harris Perry
20. Hadassa - Lead Balloon
21. Outro - Rip MC
Dr. Charles Drew | Blood Bank Inventor
(June 3, 1904 - April 1, 1950)
It’s impossible to determine how many hundreds of thousands of people would have lost their lives without the contributions of African-American inventor Dr. Charles Drew. This physician, researcher, and surgeon revolutionized the understanding of blood plasma - leading to the invention of blood banks.
Janet Jackson & J. Cole Team Up for 'No Sleeep' Remix: Exclusive
Janet Jackson is getting some company on her sultry new single, “No Sleeep.”
A version of the song featuring J. Cole will be sent to radio Thursday, Billboard has exclusively learned. The new iteration with the red-hot rapper will appear on Jackson’s new album, out in late September.
Jackson’s solo version of “No Sleeep,” which will not appear on the album, rose to No. 5 in its second week on Billboard’s Adult R&B airplay chart, making it the diva’s first top five hit on that chart in 11 years.
The J. Cole version will go to the Adult R&B format, as well as Hot R&B (urban mainstream) and Rhythmic radio.
Jackson and Cole recorded the new tune in a Los Angeles recording studio two weeks ago, according to sources.
Blake Shelton - “God Gave Me You” REMIX By. Travis Wayne
IF YOU SEE THIS DONT BE AFRAID TO PRESS PLAY. CHECK IT OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. RE-POST IF YOUR FEELING IT. I TRIED SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND ADDED MY SPIN TO A COUNTRY SONG. CHECK IT OUT PPL.