just international student things:
- teaching each other swear words in your languages
- trying to learn the unwritten social rules
what do you mean you have to take your shoes off inside
- knowing more people from other countries than the country you’re in
- “I should come visit you”
- how do people not have [food item] in the supermarket??????
- struggling with the international student office
- “lmao why would you come here to study this country sucks”
- getting strangely patriotic even though you weren’t before
- but seriously it’s weird I kinda love my own country more now?
- having someone come up to you and say “hey I know something in your language!” and it’s a swear word