“1. Stop focusing so much on finding love. Finding your soulmate isn’t as easy in real life as it is in the movies. You’ll find them eventually but you need to find yourself first.
2. Just because he’s not your soulmate doesn’t mean you can’t date him. Kiss a lot of boys, go on dates to parks and coffee shops, but don’t lose sight of yourself and don’t compromise yourself to make them feel good.
3. If you want something get off your ass and go get it. The world isn’t going to cater to you and you shouldn’t expect it to. If you really want something you’ll work for it.
4. Yes, working out is going to hurt. You’ll wake up some days and want to call it quits. Don’t do it. You’ll only beat yourself up later. Get up. Go for a run. Do some jumping jacks. You’ll thank yourself later.
5. Eat the damn cake. One piece isn’t going to ruin anything. You don’t have to cut all of the things you love out of your diet just to be skinny. Eat the cake and remember that moderation is a good thing.
6. Working two jobs is going to be difficult. Working two jobs and going to school is going to be more challenging than anything else you’ve done in life. You will go to bed some nights wishing that you won’t wake up again. Keep your goals in mind and take a personal day occasionally. It’ll be worth it.
7. Stop worrying so much about what other people think of you. Most of them are to busy criticizing themselves to criticize you. The ones that do are just jealous and spiteful. Ignore them, smile, the world is beautiful and so are you.
8. Make time for your friends. I know you’re busy, they are too, but they miss you and want to know what’s going on in your life. Don’t leave people behind just because life is hectic.
9. Try to be nicer. Everyone is hurting and sometimes people will get on your last nerve. Grit your teeth, smile and walk away. They’re not worth it and you’d regret it later.
10. Write more. You made the characters and the plot because you love it, so sit down and write. You’ll never know the ending until you quit being lazy. Getting published is just a bonus.”
10 things I’m trying to remember