Thought on Dark so far (middle of ep 2):
- It’s- strange and refreshing to see a TV Show set in modern day Germany. It’s the small things like the yellow street signs, or Brötchen for breakfast, that don’t exist in american TV and that make the whole thing feel - different. Homely (and thus indefinitely more creepy). Very nice.
- Nobody says “Spasti” anymore. There’s a bucket full of funny insults used by The Youths™ and you go with the most overtly ableist one? Fuck off.
- The title. Why. Not that Dunkel would be any less dumb, but at least it’d be consistent.
- Germany isn’t that white. Even my home village of Buttfuck, Saxony (where there’s nothing except cows and crystal meth) has more diversity than this show, and I doubt Rheinland-Pfalz is any different.
- Someone clearly is a fan of Mads Mikkelsen :)