OHHHHHH BOI it’s time for me to gush like the elevator scene in The Shining, HOLLERIN AT OUR @incurablenecromantic
1) Without question, the Halloween Dinner Scene. It is. Fucking perfect, not just from the gloriously decadent food and Herod’s delicate planning and atmosphere construction, but also from the level of trust Herod and Enoch show for each other here. It really feels like the first scene where they’re both fully aware of who the other is and what he’s capable of, and they’ve realized that they admire these things about each other. And not only do they admire each other, but they enjoy and seek these traits out. They compliment each other so beautifully, and this is the first instance where we see them truly in harmony with each other.
2) And this is basically neck-and-neck with the Halloween dinner for my favorite scene: Fred’s murder. God but I love that scene. Herod is so, so utterly terrifying and Enoch is so fucking into it and you know what? SO AM I. Herod’s distain for Fred is probably the most chilling thing, he genuinely doesn’t feel like a person through Herod’s eyes. The way Inky describes the sounds and textures and sensations is grisly and alluring, and so evocative. Love that murder, y’all.
3) Honestly, I really love the quick scene at the beginning where Enoch recalls first seeing Herod in the gallery and making eyes at each other over Saturn Devouring his Son. No I will not shut up about this. It’s such an amazing piece of foreshadowing, and it’s funny! Herod is making a joke when he talks about dinner! OR IS HE.
4) On that note, Herod discovering Lorna’s sculptures. I love. Her work. Lorna’s inner function is fascinating and delicate and above all believable as a compulsion, in a horrible way. She would almost be tragic, if not for how dangerous and capable she is. Her friendship with Herod is really lovely, they give each other understanding and companionship that both thought was impossible, and it’s always nice to have extra hands in the kitchen.
5) And on the subject of hands! THE HAND-KISSING SCENE. GOD. LORD. It is possibly the most decadently sensual thing I have ever encountered? It’s not even erotic as such, except that it totally is, but it feels like something out of a Romantic poem, or possibly Baudelaire. Herod’s self-consciousness is just painful, and the amount of courage it takes for him to remove his glove is remarkable. And Enoch is. So into it. Same Enoch, same. The description of Herod’s hands is awful in conjunction with his musical career, especially how aware he is of it because Enoch met him during his time on stage. He’s aware Enoch knows what he can’t do, and Enoch is still enamored with him and god. This fic made me gay and a cannibal and hopefully a better partner.
Its almost halloween i’ve barely seen any monster apartment stuff on my dash
I had to change that SO HERE is everybodys favorite wizard smooching his monster boyfriends! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ 💚💜❤💙
Its been a while since i first read the fic but i still love my dorky, supernatural OT4 uvu
Fair warning - this is kinda long? At least for me? ^^ If you’d like some background music - I’ve been listening to this while writing this… thing ^^
The Great Lake is calm today. There’s only a gentle breeze. It caresses Draco’s face softly as he watches the clouds on the horizon. They’re dipped in pink and gold from the evening sun, which has already vanished behind the mountains. Draco can already feel the melancholy rise from the pit of his stomach. He clutches his knees tighter to his chest as his eyes search the sky. When he finds what he’s looking for, he just stares.
Person A and B are looking up at the sky from a balcony one night. They live in a crowded city area at the moment so there are no stars due to smog, pollution, city lights, etc. Person B tells Person A that they dream of seeing a sky full of stars one day…
Person B comes home from work/school one night, and Person A says they have surprise for them. Person A leads them out to the balcony, their hands over their eyes. Once they uncover them, Person B is astonished. The whole balcony is covered in little paper lanterns and tiny lights are hung all around. “Its…. beautiful” says person B, breathless. Person A pulls Person B into an embrace, looking into their eyes. They finally kiss, right there, underneath the stars.