potential spoilers ahead
so in this pic we see of s7 arya from the EW photoshoot in her full costume she holds a dagger.
now this is interesting because we have seen this dagger before.
see the pointed tip and the jewel? very distinctive features. and this dagger has a history. this is a valyrian steel dagger with a dragonbone hilt and won by robert baratheon from petyr baelish in a tournament before joffery baratheon takes it and gives it to a catspaw for an assisination attempt on bran stark after he’s been paralysed. you’ll remember summer, bran’s direwolf, saved both bran and catelyn. after that catelyn took it to kings landing and gave it to ned stark to continue his investigation only to be taken back by petyr baelish while betraying him very dramatically
this dagger was last seen still in possession of littlefinger in s4. he really wouldn’t give a valyrian steel dagger and we can presume by the start of s7 he still has it. SO WHY DOES ARYA HAVE IT NOW??? and h o w. what can be assume from this knowledge.
- arya at least meets littlefinger. (we know she’s heading north)
- arya most likely reaches winterfell where littlefinger is and wants to stay and try and influence events there.
- so littleinfger is with sansa all of s7. i don’t see him going elsewhere.
- STARK REUNION
- arya could have been involved in the imminent death of littlefinger to have gotten the dagger.
- in terms of storytelling sansa is most likely to kill littlefinger so perhaps it’s a tag team effort of the stark sisters. or sansa gives the dagger to arya later like her version of needle.
- all my dreams come true and happiness is achieved