evrt studio

2

Rhombic Triacontahedron Pendant

I’ve been working on another lighting concept that utilizes laser cut parts and plastic connectors that assembles into a geometric hedron. The great thing about this design is it would ship flat and is very easy to assemble. And numerous combinations of materials are easily achievable, with the light fixture in general being easily scale-able for different applications.

The first rough prototype is almost complete (top image) and about 16 inches in diameter but there is a lot of refinement and adjustments to be made from here. But I like where it is headed so far!

One Architect + One Product Designer = Home Renovation

The Project : :

Bathroom

Details : :

* Paint the ceiling and walls

* Install exhaust fan

* Install new lighting

* Replace toilet

* Replace vanity

* Remove medicine cabinet and install new mirror

* Remove tri-panel mirror and tri-level make-up vanity counter

* Install new mirror and wooden vanity counter

* Install new flooring

* Change the swing of the door

The bathroom was one of our most extensive remodeling projects. The only remaining items were the wall tile, tub, and vanity base. The first step we did was somewhat uncommon, but improved the function and flow of the room tremendously. There is an existing niche in the hallway for the bathroom door. So, it seemed natural to change the swing of the door so that the door swings out into the hallway instead of into the restroom. The hallway flow of traffic was uninterrupted because of the niche and now, the bathroom floor space in front of the sink / vanity area is completely open allowing for both of us to be using the space at the same time without having to worry about getting knocked over by the door.

Before pic of the sink area. The feel of the space was very outdated and generic.

The flooring was peel n’ stick tile. This had to go. Notice a theme to the house with the flesh tone wall color that appears again in this room!

The mirror and make-up vanity were about 30 years out of date. The fastener heads on the mirror had plastic flower embellishments… yikes!

In this area we removed the mirror, counter top and light fixture.

Laying the tile backer.

We rented a wet saw from Home Depot for the day.

Brian laid out all the tiles to create his pattern before installing them.

Time for the tough work.. . climbing into the attic to remove one light fixture, install two smaller ones, and install an exhaust fan.

Unfortunately, this is the area of the roof where the slope terminates so he had to do all this work on his stomach (hence the hard hat).

New light are installed!

The patching and prep work for this wall are done. We decided to modernize the diffusers and light switches (laying on the make-up counter). A small step with a nice impact.

The amount of patching needed was absurd!

Brian installing the new sink and vanity.

Check out the Reveal photos Here!