top 5 #daddy daichi moments?
Daichi is just…so important to me, to us, to the team, to his rivals, to literally anyone and I’m feeling so alive just thinking about him being here to always guide and protects us all I LOVE YOU CAPTAIN!!!!!
1. Death and Rebirth. Why every time we think about Daichi we always go back to the time he almost orphaned us all? This moment is not about what he did, but what he didn’t. He’s “the foundation that no one really notices”…until he was taken away from them. He was ready to go back short after, but he didn’t, he decided to let
his favorite son Ennoshita on court on his behalf. He saw they were doing so good he was afraid he would have destroyed their momentum if he went back. It was a moment in which he realized his team could survive without him and, instead of being sad about it, he let his baby birds fly. Plus the speech he gave Ennoshita after they won was truly a beautiful transfer of power. Well done, captain(s).
2. “Those guys are imperfect on their own, but but their abilities together…if we can use that combination, Karasuno will make explosive improvements!” aka Daichi the man who actually built and sailed the Kagehina ship. Early season 1 Daichi is just incredible. He was the first to recognize the potential in them and used the tough way to force Hinata and Kageyama to cooperate as teammates (the sake of the team ALWAYS comes first for him), laying the foundations for what is destined to be Karasuno’s most powerful couple. So we all owe him a round, don’t we?
3. “Of course I want to keep playing volleyball with you guys!”. This is the perfect example of how he always puts the team before everything. We’re at the end of season 1 (so, before the “accident”), they just lost to Aoba Johsai and even though he still wanted to play, his first thought was how amazing his first and second years have been, of how it would be better to retire and let them have it all so they would be ready to go for next year as an already consolidate team. He’s so selfless it’s almost heartbreaking to watch. I’m glad he stayed and, more than anything, I’m glad he was able to be the there to make his wish come true: bringing Karasuno to the nationals again! :’)
4. HIS FACE WHEN THEY WON. I’ll…never be over it. NEVER. This meant so to all of them as friends, but Daichi’s face straight up killed me. He’s so shocked to almost look desperate, the way he grasps at Asahi’s jersey…I can’t (ಥ Д ಥ )
5. Dad being dad. Because it’s so hard to keep up with your kids’ daily drama.
- Bonus: ALWAYS ICONIC
Thank you for your message!