Plug in, put on your Power Glove and hold on to your heart capsules, because we’re blowing the dust off the craziest cartridges, most deranged discs and buggiest little-known consoles ever to jiggle your joysticks. Take a nostalgic stroll through an 8-bit wonderland of early gaming breakthroughs and experiments. Thrill to a montage of the outrageous kills that shocked a generation of parents. Cringe at the most uncomfortably “sexy” games this side of the uncanny valley, settle your score with infamous franchise fiascos like Moonwalker, Alf, and E.T., pig out on pixelated FMV failures and HFS cutscenes galore. Just don’t forget to bring your memory cards, because this show promises “extra lives” worth of excited entertainment. Then, after the show, join us in our upstairs gallery for the Island Of Misfit Video Games, where we’ll have a glitchy good time into the wee hours of the night with live consoles dishing out the weirdest of the weird for us to play together — so NintenDON’T miss out! Grab your tickets now, as they’ll be gone faster than you can say “UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT A B B A!”
Watch our custom trailer for Cinefamily’s Most Outrageous Video Games!
People! The Found Footage Battle Royale calls for you! We’ve got a lot of Terribles and Terribl-ettes coming in from all across the country for this, so now is the perfect time to show off by taking down your peers! Think your collection of YouTube videos and VHS tapes is the best in the biz? Then prove it, creep! This tumultuous tourney of viral video insanity dares you to bring your A-game, and go head-to-head with your own kind! We want to see the weird, funny and insane clips that you’ve always wanted to show publicly — think of it like the WWF, but with videos instead of all that greasy groping stuff. You’’ll be judged by the audience applause-o-meter, so make sure your stuff is entertaining as a monster truck rally! Be forewarned: this could, and should, get ugly. Here’s how it works:
* Anyone is welcome to enter, but you must be there at the show in person for your entries to count.
* Submissions can vary from an unseen YouTube clip to a fully edited piece. We obviously want creativity, but, really, this is about showing off gems. Whatever the clip may be, just think to yourself “Will this go over well with an audience of screaming maniacs?”
* Each contestant must have a total of FIVE CLIPS ready to show, and sent to us by Saturday, AUGUST 11TH.
* Once we take a took at everyone’s submissions, SIXTEEN lucky contestants will be chosen.
* Clips cannot be longer than 2 MINUTES MAX! Anything longer will be cut short.
* Submissions can be sent to us a number of ways: 1) DVDs can be sent to The Cinefamily via snail mail (send to: The Cinefamily, ATTN: Found Footage Battle Royale, 611 N. Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90036); or, 2) entries can be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can take many formats, but since this stuff is going to be projected on the big screen, think “the bigger the quality, the better.”
* Costumes, character backgrounds, etc. are encouraged for in-person combat on the night of the show.
* Taunting and mocking of other contestants is also appreciated — as long as it’s non-violent and/or creepy.
* The winner will receive the only thing that matters — RESPECT.
Think your collection of YouTube videos and VHS tapes is the best in the biz? Then prove it, creep! This tumultuous tourney of viral video insanity dares you to bring your A-game, and go head-to-head with your own kind!