So i suppose food poisoning doesn’t affect gems, i mean that’s pretty rational since they don’t seem to have the need to consume food, and therefore don’t need a stomach.
Where does the food Amethyst eat go, though?
everything about this shot is beautiful
That’s the third time we see Rose, and all three times she has been pictured/drawn with her eyes closed, why is that? There are Amethyst and Pearl either saving a human from drowning or drowning the human, and Garnet is just casually punching a shark.
These clothes are telling me the gems are indeed some hundred/thousand years old.
I’m from the southern United States, and I’ve lived here all my life. I have a career as a stage manager, and my current contract is with a local ballet company, but I do freelance work on the side for local theatre companies and for the city symphony orchestra. Aside from making rehearsal schedules and chasing various artists with sticks, my passions include music (I’m a trained clarinetist and singer), travel, food (cooking and eating), video games, knitting/crocheting, and spoiling my useless cats. When I’m not flail-crying about how everything is beautiful in Hannibal, I can be found squeeing about Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, Agents of SHIELD, Newsroom, and Game of Thrones.
I have been a Fannibal in one form or another for most of my life. My mom and I used to watch murder mysteries together, and one of her all time favorite movies was Silence of the Lambs. We watched it together when I was about 13, and I devoured the books shortly thereafter. I even considered a career with the FBI for a short time. Clarice Starling was my hero.
I’ll be honest… Hannibal the TV show was a tough sell for me and I didn’t begin watching until well into the third season. My objection at the outset was that (judging by the ads I was seeing) the show looked to be a bog-standard crime thriller, featuring Hannibal Lecter at his prime. And to me, part of the gravity of Hannibal Lecter was that much of what he did was only whispered and hinted at. Especially in the beginning. I didn’t want to see that ruined by him swanning about covered in blood.
In short… I vastly underestimated Bryan Fuller.
It still took a long time for the show to grow on me… it wasn’t really until about the second or third episode of the Red Dragon arc that I went… “Wait… I need to see this again.” and promptly fell in love. I have written so much fanfic it’s ridiculous. And not just for Hannigram. There’s Hannigail, Murder!Family, Marlana, and even the very rare Will/Beverly (or as I like to call it… Katz and Dogs).
You can find me under the handle “hesterbyrde” on AO3 or just click here!
Under the cut are my answers for the questionnaire!
1. Favorite episode: 1x07 - Sorbet. The Ambulance scene. Plain and simple.
2. Favorite season: Either 1 or 3… it’s a tough call. I love the wind-up on Season 1, but Fuller’s recreation of Francis Dolarhyde’s story was absolutely breathtaking.
3. Favorite quote:
“Words are living things. They have personality, point of view, agenda.“
4. Favorite quote from your favorite episode:
“Before we begin, you must all be warned. Nothing here is vegetarian. Bon appetit.”
5. Favorite Character: Hannibal. Though honestly it’s really tough to choose…
6. Favorite moment from your favorite character: God there are so many… and the micro-expressions from Mads are just overwhelming. I’ll have to go with either the Ambulance Scene from Sorbet. It’s just stunning.
7. Favorite quote from your favorite character:
“I was curious what would happen.” and every other iteration of that line.
“With all my knowledge and intuition I could never entirely predict you. I can feed the caterpillar, I can whisper through the chrysalis, but what hatches follows its own nature and is beyond me.”
8. Scariest episode: 1x10 - Buffet Froid. I find Georgia Madchen to be very creepy… it’s my weird thing about scary eyes. Plus there’s the jumpscare in the start of the episode.
9. Favorite heartwarming moment: Will finding Winston.
10: Saddest moment: The “Last Supper” scene in Mizumono. I actually cry when I watch that… Though Will ordering Hannibal to leave after he rescues him from Muskrat Farm is up there too.
11. Your OTP: Hannigram.
12. Favorite OTP moment: “It’s Beautiful.”
13. Favorite duo/trio (not OTP): Hannigail and Beverly/Will.
14. Favorite duo/trio (not OTP) moment: When Hannibal is helping Abigail to stage her murder.
And nearly any interaction with Will and Bev. They’re such an amazing pair onscreen.
15. Favorite meal/food in Hannibal: Abel Gideon’s leg.
16. Favorite drink in Hannibal: Alana’s cabernet barrel aged beer. I don’t give a shit who’s blood is also in there.
17. Favorite outfit of your favorite character:
I mean that suit is ridiculous and no one should look that fucking good in it.
18. Favorite outfit not from your favorite character:
I want to steal the clothes from most of the female characters in this show, but especially Alana.
19. Most outrageous outfit: Any of the suits Hannibal wears in Florence. Or that powder blue suit with the yellow tie. He looked like an Easter egg. A very sexy Easter egg. Jesus Christ.
20. Favorite non-main character killer: The Mushroom Man. Eldon Stammets. I thought he was criminally under-explained.
21. Favorite symbolism in Hannibal: Oooh… the ravenstag. Hands down.
22. Favorite gag reel moment: (So to answer this question I actually went back and rewatched them and now I’m dying.)
Okay I have to give it to one of these:
“Shut up, Bitch” exchange over dinner where Kacey Rohl nearly loses her shit.
“I forgot how to tie a tie.” so precious.
“Can you try to give me the line again and actually mean it?” Hugh’s face is precious as he breaks character.
The one right at the beginning of the Season 3 gag reel where Hugh and Mads are goofing off and then they just melt into character. (I’d also like to point out that in seasons 1 and 2 Hugh generally goofed off with his American accent. But in season 3 he’ll drop it between takes. Which I think is interesting and cool.)
Gillian Anderson forgetting her line after Mads kisses her. (I mean… she represents all of us in that moment, as does Hugh when he forgets his line after Mads rounds the corner.)
23: Favorite murder tableau: The judge in season 2.
24: Most unlikely murder tableau: Tree Man. I mean really… there’s magical realism and then there’s things that are just loony. I still love it though.
25. Most thoughtful quote/episode:
“Typhoid and swans. It all comes from the same place.”
26. Favorite song from Hannibal: I love Will’s theme.
27. Which would you be (FBI, serial killer, psychiatrist, victim.): FBI. I very nearly went for it when I was younger.
28. What dish would you want Hannibal to turn you into? Something with pasta. Maybe ravioli. I would make a tasty ravioli.
29. Which would you prefer to be from the production crew? Someone’s personal assistant. I like doing work like that. Writing could also be fun, but I’ve never worked on a collaborative project like that before.
30. What is to be your becoming?
I don’t know, honestly. I’m… I’ve learned not to be a big picture person about my own life. That’s not to say I don’t have goals or anything, but I’ve learned to keep them within the purview of whatever the next project is that I’m working on. I work. I finish. Then I look up and see where I want to go next. It works like gravity. And it hasn’t failed me yet. My becoming is a slow thing I guess. Lots of pieces. Lots of bits of road that will eventually lead me to what I’m supposed to be.
Because everything about this man..his remarkable talent…his limitless generosity and kindness to his fans and colleagues…his commitment to his craft…his unfailing support of his country…his relentless efforts to save our planet…his humor..his great intellect…his inner beauty…his outer beauty…..gives me hope…gives me life.