I was tagged by the beautiful, @lovingnikiforov! Thank you, love!
1. How did you come up with your username and what does it mean?
My A03 username, like my main blog, is kidspawn02. My mom plays Dragon Age, and she called me kidspawn - based off of the creatures darkspawn in the DA games. Because… I am her spawn.
2. Which fanfic of yours has the most feedback? (bookmarks/subscriptions/hits/kudos)
Bookmarks - Five Times Dazai Didn’t Stay, And One Time He Did
Subs - Naga, Save Me
Hits - Naga, Save Me
Kudos - In Which Akutagawa Is Weak For Cute Boys
3. What is your AO3 profile icon, and why did you choose it?
It changes a lot - usually to a character I’m fond of. Right now, it’s Yuuri Katsuki.
4. Do you have any regular/favourite commenters?
Everyone who comments makes my whole life. I need a lot of positive reinforcement, so anyone who puts in the effort to comment is an absolute angel in my eyes.
5. Is there a fanfic that you keep going back to read again and again?
6. How many stories are you subscribed to? How many do you have bookmarked?
15 works, 2 users (subs)
7. Which AU do you find yourself writing the most?
I don’t really have….. recurring AU, but I like toying around with Fairytale AU
8. How many people are subscribed and bookmarked to you in total? (you can view this on the stats page)
I have 156 bookmarks, and 107 subscriptions
9. Is there something you’d like to write about but are afraid of people judging you for it? (Feeling brave? If so, share it!)
Not really XD This fandom’s pretty wild - I’ve read fics about Atsushi with a barbed penis I think I’ve found the dark side XD
10. Is there anything you would like to be better at? Writing certain scenes or genres, replying to comments, updating better, etc.
I want to be better about writing smut - oh, and not abandoning my WIPs.
11. Do you write rarepairs or popular ships more often?
Popular ships - but I have a fondness for rarepairs.
12. How many stories have you posted on AO3 to this day (finished and unfinished)?
13. 8 complete, 5 WIPs
13. How many stories do you have saved in/with your writing program?
I can’t even count. I have way too many fics on my Google Docs. XD
14. Do you write down story ideas, or just keep them in your head?
Mostly in my head - if I can’t pump out a chapter, I’ll just think about it a lot.
15. Have you ever co-authored a story?
Yes - I wrote an OHSHC with my friend when I was like… eleven or twelve.
16. How did you discover AO3?
17. Do you consider yourself to be a popular or famous author in your fandom(s) on AO3?
I think in BSD, and in the FE: Fates, but not in anything else. I have a fairly popular AOT fic, and a decently popular Death Note one, but neither of those made me…. like, well-known or anything.
18. Do you have a nickname or fandom name for your readers?
19. Was there an author who inspired or encouraged you to write?
JK Rowling, and Rick Riordan. But my style is more inspired by Jennie Melamed
20. What writing advice would you give to a beginning author?
Just keep going. Someone will be there to appreciate your content - someone appreciates your content. Don’t let trolls or rude people get you down. You’re valid and have a strong place in this fandom.
21. Do you plot out your stories, or do you just figure it out as you go?
….. figure it out.
22. Have you ever gotten a bad comment on a story? If so, what did you do?
Yes. My first PJO fic. I deleted my Fanfiction.net account.
23. Is there a certain type of scene that you have a hard time writing? (action, smut, etc..)
SMUT. I CANNOT. WRITE. SMUT. L
24. What story(s) are you
working on now?
Call It What You Want
This Too, Will Pass
What I Live For
The Holy City
25. Do you plan your next project(s) before you finish your current ongoing story(s)?
PLAN? I START THEM JFC.
26. Do you have a daily writing goal set for yourself?
I count it pretty good if I get a sentence in between homework and chores XD But I try to answer one ask relating to my WIPs a day.
27. Do you think you’ve improved as a writer since you first started?
28. What is your favorite story that you’ve written?
Five Times Dazai Didn’t Stay and One Time He Did
29. What is your least favorite story that you’ve written?
Making Shades of Purple
30. Where do you see yourself (as a writer) in 5 years?
31. What is the easiest thing about writing?
Metaphors - I love integrating metaphors into all of my works. It’s probably one of my favourite parts.
32. What is the hardest thing about writing?
Not getting sidetracked
33. Why do you write?
It’s always been my passion. No matter what other option has been presented to me, the idea of melding characters, ideas, creativity, and logic into one little drabble or a long, winding story. I also like that I can share a piece of myself with all of you. It’s the closest I’ve gotten to opening up to someone in a long time.