When you get this, answer with five things that make you happy, and then send it to the last ten people in your recent activity!
1. The smell and feel and sound of the rain. There’s something soothing about being surrounded by it, even though most find that it makes them feel melancholic. Maybe that’s why I find it comforting; to fold myself up in warm blankets with the windows wide open and knowing that it’s okay to stay inside today.
2. The smile and laugh of the people I love. And of everyone else. Happiness is contagious and it helps to know that even on your worst days, there are still reasons to smile about.
3. The ferociousness, the calm and the energy of the mountains. I’ve always loved to hike and along with the physical reward of being deliciously tired, the view and the feeling of being away from everything for a while never fails to brighten my mood.
4. Feeling like I am contributing something special and good to the people around me. I mean, everyone likes to feel this way, but when you’re often thinking about how you’re inferior to everyone around you (stupid, I know) it’s nice to be reminded that even if you’re not the best, you can still offer something positive.
5. Yoga, although everyone always kind of makes fun of that, really does make me feel a lot better. Even though I’m not particularly good at it.
6. Being in a group of people or just one person who I’m comfortable with and don’t find too draining to be around (this is nothing against other people, I’m just waaay too sensitive)
7. Being utterly and totally submerged in a good book. Nothing like reading a book in day because the story was too good to put it down for more than 10 minutes.
8. Having someone hold me and kiss my neck and tell me that I’m too good to be theirs.
9. Doing something incredibly stupid because you’re crazy young and want to feel alive, even for just a moment.
(That was more than 5 things, oops. Guess there’s too much to be happy about ;)