• when a sub teacher takes the register and they get to your name and they’re like “are they in?” and someone else has to be like “yeah they’re in”
• when someone is trying to explain you and they’re like “they choose not to speak” or “they don’t like speaking” and you’re just like [screams internally]
• when someone you don’t talk to hears you speaking to someone else and they’re like “OH MY GOD YOU CAN SPEAK!” like yeah thanks bud i wasn’t aware
• when everyone you meet and their dog asks you to speak to them
• constantly having to explain your condition bc no one has ever heard of it
• people being overly fascinated about the whole thing and asking a gazillian questions
• literally everyone you’ve ever spoken to in your life: “hahahaha it’s funny, once they start talking they never shut up lol ironic right?”
• jokes about how loud you are
• “oh yeah i know what its like i get shy too”
• “i get anxious about public speaking so i know the feeling”
• everyone you ever meet: “do you speak to your mum and dad??”
• “oh so does the selective part mean it’s a choice?”
• “ohhhh that’s like raj from the big bang theory” no it isn’t
• “i wish i had selective mutism so i didn’t have to speak” shut up
• “how are you gonna get a job?” i don’t know and im stressed enough about it so if you could maybe not remind me of that stress that’d be great, thanks hun
• “you’re just using it as an excuse” using a disability as an excuse to not do things the disability prevents me from doing… sounds about right
• “talking isn’t hard you know” well neither is shutting ya damn mouth
• when someone asks a question that isn’t yes/ no and you just gotta shrug. “what’s your name?” who knows buddy, who knows
• when people who are aware of your sm do the simplest tasks like holding a door open and get mad at you for not saying thank you… sorry hold on let me just turn off my debilitating anxiety disorder just for you, acquaintance who probably doesn’t even care about me that much
• “ok fine ignore me then”
• me @ my friends when they introduce me to their other friends: “can you explain to them why i might not respond to them much just so they don’t think im ignoring them or anything?”
• this list is too long im done
Tonight on Aunty Fishy abuses the Ewan McGregor Google Search algorithm, here is a WIP of the three Obi-Wans in my fic Where Shall We Three Meet Again? They’re not done by any stretch of the imagination but you know, how could I not give Arulas his proper eye color? HOW CAN I RESIST SITH EYES? I AM NOT MADE OF STONE.
They are from left to right…
Canon! Obi-Wan Kenobi otherwise known as The Old Man or occasionally Ben Kenobi. Fem! Obi-Wan otherwise known as Little Sister. Sith! Obi-Wan otherwise known as Darth Arulas.
Sir-Not-Appearing-In-This-Picture-But-In-This-Fic is Anakin Skywalker, otherwise known as The Podracer and you can find a lovely portrait done by @writegowrite right HERE.
Also, please click to make it bigger so you can actually see details, if you want to? You don’t have to but I think it looks better that way. Also, I think Arulas has raided Count Dooku’s wardrobe. I may need to talk to him about that.
hey megimoo! hope you're doing well, and i wish u to get well soon! (i know it sucks being sick) but if you can when you're better, could you possibly draw yourself with the teamiplier family? i know that's a hug art request, but i get it if you don't wanna, just know that i love every art that you do! :D
i know! i don’t accept art request anymore, but i really wanna do this one, because i think this goes to everyone if they ever meet the teamiplier fam.
if gansey lives and he and blue end up together, for the rest of his life whenever someone asks how he and blue met he’ll be stuck listening to the story of how he tried to pay her to talk to one of his friends.
Question to you- How would we be able to make a good and LASTING impression on them? Like everyone is so funny and cool and if I ever meet them ill be like "yes. i watch your video sometime" "Oh! that's nice! Do you want a picture?" "yes i like you. yes you are both yesses."
honestly? a lasting impression would be breaking your nose on phil’s collarbone
Producer: Are you ready, Marielle? Marielle: As ready as I’ll ever be. Producer: Everyone, it’s time to meet Marielle. Wait - cut! We’re missing someone. Zeke? Zeke! Ezekiel: Jesus, I’m coming. Don’t get your panties in a bunch.
Could you right an Andy Dwyer x reader where she has anxiety and one day she has a panic attack and he helps her with the 5 things method? Thank you, Wolfling 🐺❄️
Author’s Note: I’m sorry this took so long! I also don’t know if I did the method right, because I’ve never actually heard of it, but I hope you like it! Thanks to my babe @mf-despair-queen for proofreading this for me!
had trouble with panic attacks, ever since I was a child and experienced
traumatizing events with my now separated parents. I haven’t had any since I
moved to Pawnee. I came here to start a new life, getting away from all the bad
people in my life.
You’re going to wander the world aimlessly searching for even the slightest bit of ME in everyone that you meet.
The way I spoke to you without ever having to say a word.
The way I would grab your face and kiss your worries away.
The way I revealed parts of you that you never knew existed.
They’ll never do it quite like me, though.
What a heavy burden it must be…
the regret of losing me.
A week ago I was at Panorama NYC to see Tame Impala… Sundown Syndrome has long been my favorite b-side, and it had been a running joke of mine days prior about “what if they played Sundown Syndrome lmao”, including watching an ancient live video the night before while one friend commented, “if they play this, you should play the lottery”
Let me tell you, if I had to define the word “surreal”, it would be me frozen in absolute shock while my friend shook me violently whilst screaming as they started playing Sundown Syndrome, THREE songs into their set
Tldr; I’m a psychic, the four leaf clover in my phone case worked, and seeing Jay Watson play kazoo fulfilled every dream I’ve ever had and more
1. How to keep myself together when my best friend breaks my heart.
2. How to tell my mom that i have panic attacks over the fact that I no idea what I want to do with my life.
3. How no one in this world actually cares.
4. How to accept the fact that being intoxicated is easier than thinking about how his clothes lay on her floor now.
5. How to hate myself less.
6. How to stop giving pieces of myself to everyone I meet because no one ever gives anything back and this empty feeling isn’t go away.
7. How to live a life that is fulfilling. I want to feel alive.
8. How to be okay when people leave, because they leave and they leave and they leave and it never gets any easier.
9. How to stop swallowing my thoughts around adults who are supposed to be role models to me but instead are making me want to die.
10. How to live without you.
11. How to love myself more.
Summary: Emma’s finally
able to start putting the past behind her, just as Killian’s decides to come
back and haunt him.
This fic has changed from the original outline more than any fic I have written ever. swallowedsong let me flail plot changes at her while I tried to sort them out cuz she’s awesome like that.
This got long, you guys.
with Killian isn’t like being with Neal. It isn’t like anything she could have
expected and she kind of hates that she keeps comparing the two in the back of
her mind. But being with Neal was a rush all the time — just the two of them
against the world. Emma had felt like they could do anything, as long as they
had each other.
seems to think she could do anything entirely on her own.
with him is a rush too. Every single time he looks at her she’s sure her heart
skips a beat. But it feels different — safe, she thinks the word is. And she
can’t remember the last time she felt safe around anyone.
take their time with things for the first couple months, even if they see each
other almost every day. Emma can’t even count the number of toe-curling kisses
and teasing touches before she finally sleeps over at his place. But it’d been
a hellish night at work despite his near constant texting as he pulled an all-nighter
of his own. (They were only together a week before she bought a phone and a
cheap plan with minimal minutes but unlimited texting.) She just wants to crash
afterwards, but when she gets to the garage she’s gripped by the need to see him.
For there to be something redeemable
about the day. Emma’s not even sure how she stays awake long enough to drive
over. When Killian opens the door he looks as exhausted as she feels and he
wraps his arms around her as she steps into him. They’re asleep within twenty
minutes and she’s never slept better.
they wake up around noon and spend a couple more hours wrapped up in bed
together, well, that’s never been better either.)