my friend told me the E version photoshoot makes them look like pokemon gym leaders and now i can’t get it out of my head so i wrote a bulletpoint list as to what type of leader i think each person would be!!!
THE HYUNG LINE GYM LEADERS:
NAMJOON - electric type specialist
- namjoon is the first gym leader you have to face when you set out on your journey. you’re hesitant at first when you were starting out because your parents were well-known trainers back in the day, so you were scared that you wouldn’t match up to their reputations. however, meeting namjoon was a breath of fresh air because he held no expectations of you whatsoever. coming from an elite family of pokemon trainers himself, he was able to relate to your self-doubt and encouraged you instead to go on your own path to self-discovery
- (that “encouragement” just so happened to be an hour long sermon, so you weren’t really sure exactly what he said after the 20 minute mark, but you assumed it was something along those lines)
- you come back the next day hoping to battle him immediately, but like all gyms, his was designed as a puzzle.
- “All trainers think that all it takes is power and experience to become the greatest out there. What they tend to forget is that intelligence and strategy are just as important!”
- H O L Y SHIT was this dude a fucking sadist or something because his gym was a fucking MAZE
- you were essentially stuck in the dark, maneuvering your way blindly while stumbling across trainers to boot. the place was filled with doors and hallways, each room only accessible after solving a riddle or trivia about pokemon
- after much stumbling and a lot of bullshitting your way through the answers, you eventually find your way to namjoon
- “Ah, so you made it! You were definitely much faster than (rival’s name). I’m excited to see how well you do!”
- despite being generally nice and supportive, he definitely did not go easy on you during your battle
- “What? Do you expect me to be the easiest gym leader just because I’m your first official battle? Not a chance, darling!”
- suffice to say, you almost got smote out of the sky by his powerful raichu, whom you thought you could have easily defeated with your ground type pokemon
- electric types have very little weaknesses (read: only two) so Namjoon is pretty much an expert when it comes to dealing with those weaknesses.
- you got a ground type? bitch, he has pikachu that knows how to use SURF
- “Holy shit? I thought surfing pikachu was a myth!”
- “The only thing mythical about my pikachu is that it’s about to pound you to dust!”
- In the end, however, you were able to defeat him (although, you might have had to rechallenge him a few times. But you got there eventually)
- “Wow. It feels just like yesterday that we just met. I’m sure that I will be hearing more great things about you in the future. I’m already excited to see how much you will grow! ‘til our next battle!”
- ((he ends up climbing the ranks and joins the elite four. so that next battle comes sooner than you could have imagined!))