The terrible life of Lena Luthor
And why I love her so much and she deserves the world.
First, let’s keep in mind that canonically Lena’s only 24 years old, according to the show’s timeline.
Now, in season 2 Lena was in 12 episodes. During those episodes, she was in danger/manipulated/hurt (physically and emotionally) 37 times. Specifically, she almost died 8 times and in 5 of those times she was the target. She was hit once and knocked down and kidnapped twice.
Her own bother was the one behind the attempts against her life at the beginning . She was also constantly manipulated and lied to by her mother and later by her new mother figure/mentor. So it’s usually people close to her and people that she cares about who end up hurting her.
Let’s also remember that the events of season two happened in less than a year! I wonder how she seems so unfazed by all of her trauma. You would think she would at least have some kind of PTSD by now. Then again, this show hasn’t been great at tackling this subject.
Also, from what we’ve seen of season three this trend of her almost dying and getting hurt isn’t going to stop. What does she have to do to get a break?! I think it’s fair to say that Lena seriously needs a therapist and a bodyguard. Also all the love.
Let’s break down everything she’s been through (that we know) and who she is despite all of that. With gifs!
Before National City.
- Her biological mother died when she was four.
- Lionel lied to her and never told her he was her biological father.
- Was given the cold shoulder by Lillian and was constantly manipulated and reminded that she wasn’t a real Luthor.
- The brother she loved turned out to be evil.
- After her brother went to jail and she took over Luthor Corp her boyfriend at the time made her choose between him and her family’s company.
Now, during the show:
1. She was supposed to be on the Venture.