Can we talk about Neil for a second?
I know the fandom is starting to warm up to him, and i think that’s great! But i still think he’s reaaaally unappreciated. So here’s a quick Neil appreciation post!! ^^
- Yes, he’s obviously the “smart kid” stereotype, but one thing i like about him is that he’s not an obnoxious smartass. He takes pride in his interests and thinks highly of himself, but he doesn’t act like a pretentious asshat who wants to make others feel bad about themselves. He’s a nice kid!
- Even though he’s clearly embarrassed by his dad, he still tries to respect him and knows that he cares about him a lot, which is the only reason why he tries so hard to connect with Neil.
- He really considers Max and Nikki his friends, and is willing to help them out on their adventures, even if they’re not completely thought through.
- There’s a big possibility than Neil has trouble making friends, both due to him being too smart for his own good, and maybe also because of his dad. He doesn’t really seem to connect well with any of the other campers. This is more of a headcanon, but it makes his relationship with Max and Nikki much more meaningful!
- He seems quiet and awkward at first sight, but when he’s passionate about something he blows up!! Whether he’s arguing with someone or rambling about the things he love, he’s not afraid to speak up when he wants to. *cough* autisticneilconfirmed *cough*
- He’s!!! Genuinely really smart!!!!! Especially for his age. He’s an extremely talented programmer, i feel like this is something we should give him more credit for!
- Science is obviously his special interest c’mon people he’s 100% autistic
- He’s canonically jewish, and it’s not just played off as a joke, which is really rare!
Bonus: Noodle arms